PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Wonder what the odds are that Cain drops out?

Agorism
11-07-2011, 10:03 PM
I wonder what the odds are that Cain drops out?

I also wonder who his voters would choose as their next choice.

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2utgig7.jpg

ShaneEnochs
11-07-2011, 10:11 PM
I really doubt he'll drop out.

I'd say after he IS out eventually, they'll swarm to whoever is the new flavor of the month.

Kords21
11-07-2011, 10:14 PM
If the media keeps dogging him on these allegations and let's face it they are, then the pressure on him will be enormous. His tactic of ignoring this issue willl not magically make it go away. I think Cain doesn't understand that the he needs the media a lot more then they need him.

tribute_13
11-07-2011, 10:18 PM
I fear Cain is going to get a little sympathy boost. People are going to smear the woman, he's going to look like the victim. Until some substantial evidence comes forward, I wouldn't put it past Cain to plant a rumor himself just to give himself the spotlight.

rambone
11-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Its actually better for us if Cain sticks around. It has to do with splitting up the Establishment voters.

Think about this. When Chris Christie was thinking of joining the race, I said, hell yeah. Bring it on. You know why? Because he's an obvious neocon that would basically parrot what the rest of these turds are saying. He would further split up the vote between himself and 7 other neocons.

Keep in mind, that to win a Primary race, you don't need 50% of the vote. You just need to edge out the competition. So the more neocon clones in the race, the better. The Ron Paul voters are not going to be swayed by these types of candidates.

Conversely, if Gary Johnson was actually doing better, it would hurt us, because he mirrors Ron Paul in a lot of ways. He would draw off Ron Paul voters because he's so similar. But the fact is that he's off the radar so it is a non-issue.

So -- ideally Herman Cain stays in the race -- in order to divide up the Establishment-type voters. However, his popularity needs to be beaten up, with his affairs and with his record.

I think that things are pretty ideal for Ron Paul right now.

smartguy911
11-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Right now 40% - http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/contract/?contractId=753309

IterTemporis
11-08-2011, 12:44 AM
I fear Cain is going to get a little sympathy boost. People are going to smear the woman, he's going to look like the victim. Until some substantial evidence comes forward, I wouldn't put it past Cain to plant a rumor himself just to give himself the spotlight.

That's the thing.. His supporters want evidence.. What should she have done..?

Sharon: Wait a minute Mr. Cain, please wait while I grab my camera to record what you are doing for proof.
Cain: ...

jkob
11-08-2011, 01:25 AM
I doubt he drops out yet. Lets see when the 2nd and 3rd and 4th women go public.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-08-2011, 02:00 AM
I wonder what the odds are that Cain drops out?

0.999%

TheTexan
11-08-2011, 02:58 AM
Dropping out at this point would imply he has a semblance of respect for the office.

parocks
11-08-2011, 04:17 AM
Right now 40% - http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/contract/?contractId=753309

Now 20%

Most on FR are sticking with him. And he's been raising a lot of money recently. They do not believe woman #4 is relevant or credible. And if it turns out there's something wrong with her, Cain gets sympathy. Cain is a clear victim. What happened with woman 1,2 who got money will fade away, and people will only remember every attention seeking whore with money problems that Cain has ever met attacking him. And it's getting him all over the news. No Cain Blackout there.

We'll see. Maybe all of a sudden Likely Republican Primary Voters will care about vague sexual harassment charges from anonymous sources. Remember, Gennifer Flowers came right out and said Bill Clinton had sex with her. Clinton basically said "I'm Guilty, but I'm going to deny everything until they have DNA evidence". And people said "Bill Clinton? That's the guy I just saw on TV on 60 Minutes. I'll vote for him." And Bill Clinton became the "comeback kid".

Czolgosz
11-08-2011, 04:23 AM
This type of stuff is good for the machine. Group thinkers rally around one another against the "opposing team," it only solidifies their support.

How many people here are disaffected Republican party voters? I'm registered R and began supporting alternative candidates after being duped for the last time w/ GW Bush's first term. Badnarik 2k4