PDA

View Full Version : Sarkozy calls Netanyahu 'liar', Obama: You're fed up with him? I've to deal with him daily

moderate libertarian
11-07-2011, 07:54 PM
This is top headline on Drudge now:

Report: Sarkozy calls Netanyahu 'liar'

Microphones accidently left on after G20 meeting pick up private conversation between US, French presidents. Sarkozy admits he 'can't stand' Israeli premier. Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

Ynet Published: 11.07.11

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4145266,00.html

Drudge has this top headline:

TRASH TALK BEHIND ISRAELI LEADER'S BACK

I'm no fan of Obama or Sarkosy but why is Drudge Report batting for a foreign country's leader?

PreDeadMan
11-07-2011, 08:22 PM
hahahaha neocons will be all over this like flies on shit

moderate libertarian
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm afraid, you are right.

Now Obama may have no choice but to start war with Iran to win Israel lobby suupport he desperately has been trying to salvage as 2012 re-election strategy.

futfut
11-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Wow, this Presidential gossip could turn into a diplomatic incident. Israel/Palestinian conflict being such a taboo subject, i can already see all the visceral reactions coming from this.

Agorism
11-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Ah sorry I didn't see this one either.

Agorism
11-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Anyone ever google highest IQ in the world? There a bunch of websites that come up claiming that it's Benjamin Netanyahu.

bluesc
11-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Beautiful. Now we get to watch Obama pander to AIPAC. Should be amusing.

Agorism
11-07-2011, 08:52 PM
This sounds like a setup to me. Anyone hear the actual audio.

These right wing groups want to rally against Obama.

moderate libertarian
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Anyone ever google highest IQ in the world? There a bunch of websites that come up claiming that it's Benjamin Netanyahu.

That does not sound right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUaWAOeHlEo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUaWAOeHlEo

These right wing groups want to rally against Obama.

They have not been sitting on sidelines so far already.

BTW, not all American right wing groups would have love for someone like Nethanyahu, in fact many likely detest him and US tax payers funded welfare state that he represents.

moderate libertarian
11-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Wow, this Presidential gossip could turn into a diplomatic incident. Israel/Palestinian conflict being such a taboo subject, i can already see all the visceral reactions coming from this.

That would be a positive development as far as American people's interests go. A crisis for foreign lobbies perhaps.

Beautiful. Now we get to watch Obama pander to AIPAC. Should be amusing.

Agreed.

cindy25
11-07-2011, 10:49 PM

Microphones accidently left on after G20 meeting pick up private conversation between US, French presidents. Sarkozy admits he 'can't stand' Israeli premier. Obama: You're fed up with him? I have to deal with him every day!

However, this war lobbies mouthpiece has top headline:

I'm no fan of Obama or Sarkosy but why is Drudge Report batting for a foreign country's leader?

because Matt Drudge is Jewish

moderate libertarian
11-07-2011, 10:56 PM
because Matt Drudge is Jewish

So what, so is Max Blumenthal as are millions of other "self hating" Americans.

http://maxblumenthal.com/2009/06/feeling-the-hate-in-jerusalem-on-the-eve-of-obamas-speech-in-cairo/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R611drTEHPA&feature=related

I should clarify that I'm paraphrasing extremist pro war mindset when I quote the term "self hating". In my view, MB is a splendid American and human being.

cindy25
11-08-2011, 12:38 AM
Netanyahu always puts Israel first, but Obama does not always put the USA first, Cameron does not put the UK first, the current PMs of Switzerland (banking) Greece (Tax hikes) Holland (piracy) do not put their people first.

fj45lvr
11-08-2011, 01:19 AM
So what, so is Max Blumenthal as are millions of other "self hating" Americans.

bingo... one could be a jew and speak out against Israeli gov. and you could be a gentile and kiss their ass perpetually....

COpatriot
11-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Oh Obama is in trouble now. Talking about your boss behind his back is a big no-no, but getting caught means big trouble.

Brian4Liberty
11-08-2011, 03:26 PM
What is most striking about this story is complete lack of context. Why would a person be called a liar? Wouldn't the topic of discussion be something that person had said? What did Netanyahu say? Conveniently left out of the story...

kylejack
11-08-2011, 03:32 PM
I love hot mic incidents. Remember when Jesse Jackson said he was going to cut Obama's nuts off?

nobody's_hero
11-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Don't think Obama meant it as an insult. I mean, Obama has to deal with people in his cabinet daily. Heck, he probably even looks in the mirror from time to time. He's no stranger to liars.

fatjohn
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
So the president HAS to talk to bennie boy. Who´s wearing the pants America?

PreDeadMan
11-08-2011, 04:11 PM
lol the president talked about his boss behind his back hahah i hope netanyahoo gets mad at obama and they both break ties with eachother so no more foreign aid and babysitting them ;)

moderate libertarian
11-08-2011, 11:07 PM
What is most striking about this story is complete lack of context. Why would a person be called a liar? Wouldn't the topic of discussion be something that person had said? What did Netanyahu say? Conveniently left out of the story...

Good point, US MSM seems to have not focussed on context, probably due to pre 9/11 mindset and to not antogonize pro war, religious racism lobbies etc. More importantly, this exposes Obama as a bigger liar than Netanyahu and a puppet of Israel lobbies:

"PALESTINIAN WORRIES

During their bilateral meeting on November 3, on the sidelines of the Cannes summit, Obama criticized Sarkozy's surprise decision to vote in favor of a Palestinian request for membership of the U.N. cultural heritage agency UNESCO.

"I didn't appreciate your way of presenting things over the Palestinian membership of UNESCO. It weakened us. You should have consulted us, but that is now behind us," Obama was quoted as saying.

The October 31 UNESCO vote marked a success for the Palestinians in their broader thrust for recognition as a sovereign state in the U.N. system -- a unilateral initiative fiercely opposed by Israel and the United States.

As a result of the vote, Washington was compelled to halt its funding for UNESCO under a 1990s law that prohibits Washington from giving money to any U.N. body that grants membership to groups that do not have full, legal statehood.

Obama told Sarkozy that he was worried about the impact if Washington had to pull funding from other U.N. bodies such as the U.N. Food and Agriculture Organisation and the IAEA nuclear watchdog if the Palestinians gained membership there.

"You have to pass the message along to the Palestinians that they must stop this immediately," Obama said."

"For several days there was media silence in France about the exchange - a decision had been taken not to embarrass the French president, our correspondent says.

A correspondent for Le Monde newspaper referred to the conversation without the quotes.

But Israeli newspapers have reported it in full.

It is said Mr Obama was taking Mr Sarkozy to task for voting in favour of the Palestinian bid for full membership of the UN cultural organisation, Unesco, a bid that was approved despite American opposition.

The remarks indicate a breakdown of trust with the Israeli leader which could have wider implications for the Middle East peace process, our correspondent says."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15635476

moderate libertarian
11-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Netanyahu always puts Israel first, but Obama does not always put the USA first, Cameron does not put the UK first, the current PMs of Switzerland (banking) Greece (Tax hikes) Holland (piracy) do not put their people first.

Have to agree. Obama is playing the political slave role of foreign interest lobbies while Netanyahu is putting interests of his own country first.

So the president HAS to talk to bennie boy. Who´s wearing the pants America?

The first lady.

moderate libertarian
11-08-2011, 11:32 PM
lol the president talked about his boss behind his back hahah i hope netanyahoo gets mad at obama and they both break ties with eachother so no more foreign aid and babysitting them ;)

Let's hope so.

Oh Obama is in trouble now. Talking about your boss behind his back is a big no-no, but getting caught means big trouble.

Likely so. Democratic party is more of a party of Israel than party of America. Dem crooks need to be wiped out of the WH, the Senate and the House as a prerequisite to fix America's direction. There are many fools in GOP sure but policies of Democratic party played bigger role in causing 9/11 and resulting collapse than any other party in America.

Why Sarkozy's 'liar' remark may hurt Obama in 2012 election

French president Nicolas Sarkozy said that Israel's prime minister Netanyahu is 'a liar' in a private conversation with Barack Obama. But the fallout could hurt Obama most.

By Yann Le Guernigou, Reuters / November 8, 2011

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Latest-News-Wires/2011/1108/Why-Sarkozy-s-liar-remark-may-hurt-Obama-in-2012-election

Brian4Liberty
11-09-2011, 11:25 AM
"I didn't appreciate your way of presenting things over the Palestinian membership of UNESCO. It weakened us. You should have consulted us, but that is now behind us," Obama was quoted as saying.
"You have to pass the message along to the Palestinians that they must stop this immediately," Obama said."

Thanks for the additional context, although it is still obvious that Sarkozy's remark does not follow directly from those Obama quotes.

“I cannot stand him. He’s a liar,” - Sarkozy

oyarde
11-09-2011, 11:32 AM
I love hot mic incidents. Remember when Jesse Jackson said he was going to cut Obama's nuts off? My first thought ...

Brian4Liberty
11-09-2011, 11:33 AM
A tiny bit more context.

The Arret sur Images website said Sarkozy was responding to Obama’s concern that the French leader had not warned him about France’s surprise vote in favor of Palestinian UNESCO membership. The website also reported that Obama asked Sarkozy to try to “convince” the Palestinians to slow down their bid for U.N. membership.

"You have to pass the message along to the Palestinians that they must stop this immediately," Obama said of the membership bid, according to Reuters.

Sarkozy confirmed that France would not take any unilateral decisions during the forthcoming Security Council debate on the subject.

"I am with you on that," Obama replied, according to Reuters.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/11/08/3090176/sarkozy-calls-netanyahu-a-liar-in-private-conversation-with-obama

oyarde
11-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Netanyahu always puts Israel first, but Obama does not always put the USA first, Cameron does not put the UK first, the current PMs of Switzerland (banking) Greece (Tax hikes) Holland (piracy) do not put their people first. Yes , he puts his people first.

Krugerrand
11-09-2011, 11:36 AM
Sadly, neocon response: Elect us, we'll take our marching orders without complaining.

seraphson
11-09-2011, 11:51 AM

I thought it was some guy that worked as a bouncer for a bar down south?

moderate libertarian
11-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the additional context, although it is still obvious that Sarkozy's remark does not follow directly from those Obama quotes.

“I cannot stand him. He’s a liar,” - Sarkozy

True, full dialog transcript has not been released.

But it is very likely that Sarkozy was responding to Obama's puppet masters message that Obama was delivering to him, something like why France voted for Palestinian's tiny democratic and symbolic step to free themseves of Israeli occupation, Palestinians should negotiate peace directly with their occupier and Nethanyaho has promised to halt building of more settlements on Palestinian land and wants to restart peace talks with Palestinians.

At that juncture, “I cannot stand Netanyahu. He’s a liar” response from Sarkozy fits naturally.

moderate libertarian
11-16-2011, 05:07 PM
No confirmed proof that this Israeli bombing attack was planned retaliation designed to send France a message, but interesting timing:

Wednesday, November 16, 2011, 19:19

France summons Israeli ambassador

France's foreign ministry summoned Israel's ambassador today to protest about an air strike on Gaza that injured the French consul and his family on Sunday.

The French consul, his wife and 13-year-old daughter were hit by shrapnel at their residence in Gaza during the strike on Sunday night.

"This morning we reminded the Israeli ambassador how much we deplore the consequences of this raid for the head of our consulate and his family," foreign ministry spokesman Bernard Valero said in a regular online briefing.

The incident has added to strains in an already tense relationship between France and Israel.

Journalists overheard French president Nicolas Sarkozy describing Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu as "a liar" in a conversation with US president Barack Obama at a G20 summit in Cannes earlier this month.

In an apparent effort to clear the air, Mr Sarkozy later sent Mr Netanyahu a letter of condolences on the death of his father-in-law in which he also reaffirmed their friendship and said it was not affected by "our differing views on the problems of the Middle East".

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2011/1116/breaking53.html

LibForestPaul
11-16-2011, 08:21 PM

However, this war lobbies mouthpiece has top headline:

I thoroughly enjoy reading the American/Israeli pov in the comments of ynet.