View Full Version : [video] Bill O'reilly 'Town Hall' Ron Paul Interview

Immortal Technique
11-07-2011, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHY_rv8ItUU

Airing Date Nov.07, 2011

Bill O'reilly 'Town Hall' Ron Paul Interview

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 07:54 PM
How can someone get owned so hard and still act so arrogant? OReilly is some piece of work...

roho76
11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
What a jackel.

EDIT: Oops. I 'meant jacquel. :)

Created4
11-07-2011, 07:59 PM
How did the voting go? Is it published somewhere?

Corto_Maltese
11-07-2011, 08:00 PM
Haha "what is the most unpleasant thing you have to deal with?" Imidietly hoped he would answer "you". Oreilly made the answer for him

Created4
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
How did the voting go? Is it published somewhere?

From a Ron Paul page on Facebook:

Bill O'Reilly: "Ron Paul slammed the poll; his listeners hate me and don't listen to my show, so I won't show that he won my poll. The level of organization his demonstrators show is cheating."

AGRP
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Bill Orielly, some say you're a child molester with a profound lack of knowledge of the constitution. What makes you think you have what it takes to be among those discussed as a potential Emmy winner? :rolleyes:

RKoho
11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
This was actually a good interview.. compared to the usual O'Reilly interviews.

low preference guy
11-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Paul sounded defensive. I guess it was ok overall.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 08:08 PM

Bill O'Reilly: "Ron Paul slammed the poll; his listeners hate me and don't listen to my show, so I won't show that he won my poll. The level of organization his demonstrators show is cheating."

Ahhhhh I get it. Passion and organization is cheating.

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Ahhhhh I get it. Passion and organization is cheating.
More like anything that defies o'reilly is cheating.

Anna-Anna
11-07-2011, 08:23 PM

I couldn't believe O'Reilly's arrogance re: the results of the poll. Ron Paul won it, but of course it had to be because his supporters "slammed" the poll. Maybe that's true and maybe it isn't. All I know is that I listened to the program then placed my vote, only to hear my vote was disqualified because O'Reilly disqualified Paul. Granted I voted before the last interview (Mitt Romney), and I don't know if that's what O'Reilly calls "slamming," but I listened to Romney as well. I could not have voted however if the system didn't allow me to. So, if O'Reilly didn't want anyone voting before the end of the show, he should have fixed his system.

O'Reilly then went on a rant about Paul's chances of becoming president. He cried: "It just can't happen!"

Badger Paul
11-07-2011, 08:28 PM
Bring it lufa-boy! Drop some F'bombs to entertain us.

By the way, telephone answering machines do have erase buttons.

ZanZibar
11-07-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pJPtA2w62c

Sunstruck-Eden
11-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Why does O'Reiley call him "flamboyant"

And why does he call him a "longshot"?

God, I really, REALLY hate Bill.

FreeTraveler
11-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Hey O'Really! Does the term "snowballed" mean anything to you? Ask Hannity.

VBRonPaulFan
11-08-2011, 10:04 AM
the interview was pretty good overall imo for as many little snide pot shots as oreilly took

ctiger2
11-08-2011, 10:12 AM
O'reilly is on my short list of worst humans that walk the earth. He's a terrible person and he's doing Americans a disservice with his partisan biased hack show.

smithtg
11-08-2011, 10:49 AM
Why does O'Reiley call him "flamboyant"

And why does he call him a "longshot"?

God, I really, REALLY hate Bill.

"longshot" that shit pissed me off. anybody paying attention to this race knows its wide open. I mean even frothy could make a surge if he somehow got the media backing and funding.

lamestreamers like Bill know how to label - did anyone notice how Ron just let that crap bounce and didnt respond?

centure7
11-08-2011, 10:50 AM
Wow, that interview went amazingly well. They clearly don't like each other but had a perfectly civil conversation.

CaptUSA
11-08-2011, 10:55 AM

Bill O'Reilly: "Ron Paul slammed the poll; his listeners hate me and don't listen to my show, so I won't show that he won my poll. The level of organization his demonstrators show is cheating."Is this for real?
How many things are wrong with this statement?

1. He refers to Paul supporters as "listeners". As if we are merely the competition in a ratings battle.
2. He won't show his own poll because he doesn't like the winner - and yet, he believes he is "no spin".
3. A high level of organization is cheating, but one person deciding to hide a poll is fair?

Dude is way off his meds...

pacelli
11-08-2011, 02:58 PM
Actually, the only reason we listen to your show, Bill, is because you had Ron Paul on it. You see, we're only interested in listening and watching the "no spin zone" when your GUEST is not involved in spinning words. So that leaves us with Ron Paul.

TheDriver
11-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Not bad [interview].

satchelmcqueen
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
this was his town hall debate?? orielly just sucks ass!

enjerth
11-08-2011, 07:08 PM

Probably because Bill-O opened up the conversation by taking a few swings at Paul?

Is this for real?
How many things are wrong with this statement?

1. He refers to Paul supporters as "listeners". As if we are merely the competition in a ratings battle.
2. He won't show his own poll because he doesn't like the winner - and yet, he believes he is "no spin".
3. A high level of organization is cheating, but one person deciding to hide a poll is fair?

Dude is way off his meds...

Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of, if supporter organization is cheating, how much more is it so when you are part of the media narrative and go out of your way to say that a candidate will never win based solely on the fact that you strongly disagree with their platform? Isn't that cheating in a BIG way?

QueenB4Liberty
11-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Wow, that interview went amazingly well. They clearly don't like each other but had a perfectly civil conversation.

Yeah I thought the same thing.

ryanmkeisling
11-08-2011, 07:50 PM
I have to say (despite the fact that I was flippant last night, gave more money, etc.) Bill was really nice to him actually (he is trying to lure him, he knows he brings serious ratings now just by the obvious result of his poll last night) relative to the way I remember him from back in the old days when I had a TV. I have seen that guy be a real prick to people, the way he was with Ron last night was almost nice.

He would be smart to embrace Dr. Paul and see higher ratings than he has seen in years. Once a trend begins in the US it is a domino effect in the various demographics. You make Ron Paul a trend, it won't matter what party, the lemmings will all turn out to vote for him. The OWS and Teaparty attract the same type of person and this combined with the "state of the union" will cause people to get involved, IMHO. We need get out the vote campaigns within these movements subtly directed toward Ron Paul, from without the official campaign, educating both groups on liberty, freedom and the peaceful responsibility that is born of those things and how important it is to be involved in that process as a citizen. Once that is popular, Ron Paul is the natural choice.

I believe I read in another thread, that was arguing about this subject of OWS/Teaparty, that Danno was out doing this very thing? These people just need a little education not to be so narrow minded, collectivist, misdirected, unruly and violent. It is a complex world we live in, most people are of average intelligence and need some guidance to navigate it.

This is true for Bill o as well.

anaconda
11-08-2011, 07:51 PM
Anyone know where I can find the rest of the town hall? I'd like to hear the Santorum segment, since somebody said O'Reilly was really mean to him.

ryanmkeisling
11-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Anyone know where I can find the rest of the town hall? I'd like to hear the Santorum segment, since somebody said O'Reilly was really mean to him.

This was where I heard it again today after my violent rage from last night, choose feed 1:

http://www.rightspeak.net/2011/11/live-feed-bill-oreillys-presidential.html

The comments are hilarious

hazek
11-08-2011, 09:47 PM

Without even watching I can guess it wasn't ok, because Ron wasn't in charge of how the discussion was framed and so all his answers appeared to be unfavorable to most viewers who aren't already his supporters despite the answers being perfectly reasonable as per usual. If you haven't noticed yet that's how this media propaganda thing works. It's all about the frames.. You can't not think of a red elephant once you hear/read the words "red elephant".

The only way to fight against this tactic of negative frames is to redefine what the frames mean on the go while being interviewed which is way easier said than done even if someone wants to learn this skill, which we all know Ron doesn't.

Cutlerzzz
11-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Good interview.

anaconda
11-09-2011, 02:49 AM
This was where I heard it again today after my violent rage from last night, choose feed 1:

http://www.rightspeak.net/2011/11/live-feed-bill-oreillys-presidential.html

The comments are hilarious

No sound for me at the link. Plus it's the weirdest progress timer I've ever seen (two side by side time numbers that keep going up together?).