PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich Newt Gingrich supported TARP

sailingaway
11-07-2011, 03:39 PM
http://michellemalkin.com/2008/09/28/gingrich-gets-back-on-the-couch-with-pelosi/

You’ll note that when Newt Gingrich announced his opposition to the bailout last week, I wrote:

“Couch buddies no more. For now, anyway (emphasis added).”

I knew he’d be back on the sofa. So did you.

See?

STEPHANOPOULOS: “Speaker Gingrich, there’s also, I think, a recognition, at least in some of the polls I’ve seen, that something has to be done.”
SPEAKER NEWT GINGRICH: “Sure, look, something has to be done. … I suspect were I still in Congress, in the end George [Will] is right, and I probably would end up voting reluctantly yes, because I think when you’re given no choice …”

klamath
11-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Yeaw I heard him say this. He was against it, against it, against it and then over a weekend a bunch of his business friends talked to him and he changed his mind. He was not happy with it but fell into the "Oh my God we have to do something!" panic.

sailingaway
11-07-2011, 03:53 PM
But that is how they ALWAYS pass the really bad crap. Fearmongering. We can't have a coward in chief.

Feeding the Abscess
11-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeaw I heard him say this. He was against it, against it, against it and then over a weekend a bunch of his business friends talked to him and he changed his mind. He was not happy with it but fell into the "Oh my God we have to do something!" panic.

I have a bridge to sell you.

TER
11-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Newt has some 'splaning to do on agreeing with the bailout before I could ever support him for President.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 05:10 PM
I thought Newt was a conservative? Oh well, now there's nobody principled to vote for. /s

klamath
11-07-2011, 05:19 PM
But that is how they ALWAYS pass the really bad crap. Fearmongering. We can't have a coward in chief.
Yep when the pressure was on he failed as a conservative leader. Showed his conservative convictions were weaker than his government intervention convictions.

klamath
11-07-2011, 05:20 PM
I have a bridge to sell you.
I don't buy anything from someone I don't trust.

Agorism
11-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Can we simplify?

So all the other GOP candidates supporters TARP except maybe Gary Johnson.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Yep when the pressure was on he failed as a conservative leader. Showed his conservative convictions were weaker than his government intervention convictions.

As weak as his marriage convictions too. Maybe there is a pattern here that conservatives need to know about. Hint hint.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 05:24 PM
Can we simplify?

I'm sorry but I think Santorum didn't support TARP or Medicare part D. Jus sayin....

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Or Michele...

klamath
11-07-2011, 05:26 PM
Can we simplify?

Bachmann didn't.

TER
11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry but I think Santorum didn't support TARP or Medicare part D. Jus sayin....

Perhaps they can endorse Ron when the bow out.

Feeding the Abscess
11-07-2011, 07:18 PM

Nah, Santorum was for it, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR7e2A2VvaQ

Something tells me he would have voted for TARP, too.

Sola_Fide
11-07-2011, 07:31 PM
Something tells me he would have voted for TARP, too.

Oh, thanks. I stand corrected.

sailingaway
11-07-2011, 08:33 PM
Can we simplify?

Bachmann didn't but she voted for Ryan's plan to raise the debt ceiling for 20 years straight.

She is better than the others on this, but she also came in when fiscal conservatism became popular again, while Ron was fiscally conservative for 30 years while it wasn't cool.

Brett85
11-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Bachmann didn't but she voted for Ryan's plan to raise the debt ceiling for 20 years straight.

Even Justin Amash voted for that. It was considered to be the "radical right" plan, but in reality it didn't go nearly far enough.

sailingaway
11-07-2011, 09:17 PM
Even Justin Amash voted for that. It was considered to be the "radical right" plan, but in reality it didn't go nearly far enough.

No, it wasn't the radical right plan, there was another one that still didn't go far enough but went farther than that one, that was the one the conservatives were holding out for.

I'm not saying I'd dump support for Amish IN THE HOUSE over it, but I sure wouldn't vote for him for president, when Ron is an alternative option.

seapilot
11-07-2011, 09:28 PM
He supported NAFTA and the WTO and thinks the constitution is antiquated.Why would Newt not support TARP is the question. He is a big government CFR loving one world government sell off USA sovereignty whore.

sailingaway
11-30-2011, 01:30 PM
bump