PDA

View Full Version : Debate civil disobediance required

brandon
11-06-2007, 11:47 AM
If ron Paul is excluded from the debate we must commit an act of civil disobediance. Angry emails are no longer enough. We must organize masses of people who will blockade all entrances to the republican debate, not allowing it to happen. This will end up in us all getting arrested, but we must do it. We MUST do it.

I have experience in this, and can help organize it. I am busy now, but will post more details later. We must organize this ASAP in the hopes that the debate organizers will reconsider to prevent a shit-storm.

RonPaulFever
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I will drive to Iowa to make this happen, and so will a lot of my friends. THIS WILL NOT STAND.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Ummmm... not sure if I really like the way that sounds. Disobedience? You might scare off a few people who actually want to make this fun and productive.

:(

But that of course is just an opinion.

Instead, I like to term such things as protests and MAKE it legal.

belian78
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
no, we wont block them from going in. but we sure as hell can excersise every bit of our vocall ability the entire time those snakes are in that building!! they'll have to turn the mikes up to be heard!!!

MusoSpuso
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
no, we wont block them from going in. but we sure as hell can excersise every bit of our vocall ability the entire time those snakes are in that building!! they'll have to turn the mikes up to be heard!!!

I agree more with this sentiment. We shouldn't block other people to go and do as they wish no more than we'd want them to do that to us. But yes, shout as loud and and furious as possible!!!

davidhperry
Which debate are we talking about? The one originally scheduled in Iowa for tonight has been postponed.

Edit: sorry, saw the other post.

Santana28
I hate to say it, but you might be right.

Naturally the MSM would report it and put it all over the news "Throngs of disorderly Ron Paul fanatics disrupt debate"

But how do you think the American people would feel after seeing dozens of their fellow Americans arrested for civil protest?

Might be time for the Ron Paul Riots...

Hurricane Bruiser
11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Um, not sure what debates you are talking about. Until I hear Ron Paul is being excluded I'm not jumping on any bandwagon to do anything about a hypothetical.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey mods,

Can this be moved? I can see this getting testy.

Thanks

:cool:

UtahApocalypse
11-06-2007, 11:54 AM
some may think that blocking the entrances is bad,. Some may think that disobedience is not the way. We have already tried everything in the past, we have sent e-mails, crashed phone lines. Dec. 4th we need to draw the line. Up until that day we can try all of the old tactics, we can work our asses off to get RP into the debate, but if all else fails and on the 4th RP is not invited on stage then I will be in a Iowa jail that night.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Ah, just saw the announcement on the Iowa debate. We shall see.

Craig_R
11-06-2007, 11:56 AM
it would be far better to hit Iowa hard with commercials and get RP up in the polls.

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 11:57 AM
Let's sit back and see what is going on? Allow Ron Paul's campaign manager to either confirm or deny this information. We may actually provide them a little leverage - he can say something to them like "I know there are going to be a LOT of people who will not be happy if I am excluded from these debates. I do not want to be held responsible for what ever might happen if I am not allowed to particpate!"

improv241
11-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Blocking people...no.

Mapping out the place and having enough people to circle the entire debate. All with those ridiculous neon yellow shirts.

Mortikhi
11-06-2007, 12:01 PM
Blocking people...no.

Mapping out the place and having enough people to circle the entire debate. All with those ridiculous neon yellow shirts.
...holding torches! :D :D

davidhperry
11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
Let's cool our jets before we get heated. This is hearsay at this point. If this does play out like the email suggests, THEN we open a can on them. Until then, let's wait to see what happens.

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 12:03 PM
...holding torches! :D :D

a candle lighting for peace would be better

torches and pitch forks would get us arrested for sure!!!

chandlerLBT
11-06-2007, 12:06 PM
you people are insane.

Steve4RP
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
I don't think having a large crowd of unruly RP supporters getting arrested and is the type of coverage that would prove beneficial...we all know how the media would portrait the coverage. We might want to focus on working with 'meet up' groups in Iowa, maybe setting up a few 'chip ins' for local news paper ads, signs, billboards, and so forth.

garrettwombat
11-06-2007, 12:08 PM
im with ya, im sick of the MSM making these bogus rules.. they have NEVER done this before.

dircha
Figure out how the audience is being selected. Is there any way we can get in the audience?

That is key. If we can get in, we can disrupt the entire prime time broadcast.

MikeStanart
you people are insane.

We are. Embrace it.

But yes, lets wait till official confirmation by the campaign until people start getting all revolutionary on the debate.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I think we should take a step back and wait... we do not know yet what is going to happen. Civil disobedience and riot talk can potentially scare away new people reading these forums. Moreover, the MSM will see this and just adds fuel to their smear fire. The FEDS reading this will probably react to something like this and make precautionary measures if this talk continues on here like this.

So let's wait and see. We don't know.

;)

fj45lvr
YES

WE MUST BLOCK this UNJUSTICE. ANY MEANS NECESSARY.....this is it folks stand and be counted.

RISE UP...we are not going to be "occupied" by the foreign invaders anymore that only live to STEAL.

This MUST BE THE ALAMO.

literatim
Seriously people quit coming up with stuff like this. It doesn't help anyone and just gives ammunition for all the Ron Paul haters.

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
A Road Rally and massive sign waving in Des Moines is not the same thing as an angry mob with torches surrounding the place and threatening to burn it down with the candidates inside.

We can use our power for GOOD or we can use our power for EVIL.

I prefer to make it a HAPPY PARTY and convert the ones who come to support the other candidates until all are on our side - kill them with peace and kindness. Just like they did at the Democratic Debates - that was awesome - don't you think and Ron Paul wasn't even around for that!

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:11 PM
YES

WE MUST BLOCK this UNJUSTICE. ANY MEANS NECESSARY.....this is it folks stand and be counted.

RISE UP...we are not going to be "occupied" by the foreign invaders anymore that only live to STEAL.

This MUST BE THE ALAMO.

Dude, chill!

;)

brandon
11-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Dude, chill!

;)

NO YOU NEED TO WAKE UP.

Civil disobediance is the cornerstone of every revolution in history. From the boston tea party, to martin luther king, to ghandi.

Grow a pair of balls(sorry if your not a guy :) ) and step up to the plate.

brandon
11-06-2007, 12:13 PM
Seriously people quit coming up with stuff like this. It doesn't help anyone and just gives ammunition for all the Ron Paul haters.

Are you retarded??? How much are you willing to take? When will you make your stand? They are stealing our country from us.

Mortikhi
11-06-2007, 12:14 PM
you people are insane.
Insane like these crazy bastards

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/3/33/500px-Scene_at_the_Signing_of_the_Constitution_of_the_Un ited_States.png

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:15 PM
NO YOU NEED TO WAKE UP.

Civil disobediance is the cornerstone of every revolution in history. From the boston tea party, to martin luther king, to ghandi.

Grow a pair of balls(sorry if your not a guy :) ) and step up to the plate.

You are not helping anything with this type of talk. I believe I woke a long time ago. Ghandi was not violent, Martin Luther King was not violent- these acts were done as peaceful protests. There is a difference between civil disobedience and protests.

All these posts sound incredibly violent.

You really ought to think before you write like this.

freelance
11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Don't do ANYTHING until you have some confirmed facts!

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
it would be far better to hit Iowa hard with commercials and get RP up in the polls.

+1

Jesus Christ, people! We don't even know if this is true.

Has anyone called the campaign yet to see what they have to say?

chandlerLBT
if you think infiltrating a debate and yelling about ron paul or even mentioning his name while disrupting a debate hosted by a major news outlet is a good thing, you are a moron. and you will aid in losing dr. paul the nomination.

if we make enemies with the MSM, then they will focus on making ron unelectable. stop being so fucking juvenile, play by the fucking rules, or you will cost a great man his chance of a lifetime. that he has spent HIS LIFETIME on. put your pride in check. and stop making enemies for ron paul.

IF PAUL WANTS TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS, HE WILL ASK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

LibertyEagle
Are you retarded??? How much are you willing to take? When will you make your stand? They are stealing our country from us.

I repeat...

WE DO NOT EVEN KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE, YET!!!

Original_Intent
11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
For now, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and calm down until we have some facts. When and if we get verification that Ron Paul is going to be excluded, we need to do what we have always done and turn the exclusion to our advantage. Think of how little time Ron Paul gets in a Fox moderated debate anyway. If they actually do this we can easily use it to get Ron Paul in front of a lot more people and he will be given more air time to express his views than he ever would in a debate.

If it turns out to be true I would participate in peaceful civil disobedience, or protest if you prefer, and go to jail for it. gladly. But let's not get worked up until we have facts.

conner_condor
11-06-2007, 12:21 PM
I believe this should get organized and prepaired for that here online.. Start a pledge with signatures that all the world can see that we are not F/King around and taking this BS and will raise hell if it comes to be true of this BS.. They seen the nov 5 th pledge and that it turned out more people that had actually pledged. Intimidate them.. Get this started as soon as possible. Let them know their will be a wrath from his supporters if he is excluded..

JPFromTally
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
Can someone fill me in? Links or e-mail text please?

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:22 PM
You know how to beat the MSM and debunk them? Beat them at their own game. Play their game.

Look at this thread, this guy has a good idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32865

you have to be creative and clever in this world to compete.

;)

conner_condor
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
You are not helping anything with this type of talk. I believe I woke a long time ago. Ghandi was not violent, Martin Luther King was not violent- these acts were done as peaceful protests. There is a difference between civil disobedience and protests.

All these posts sound incredibly violent.

You really ought to think before you write like this.

Neither are the chineese civilians and they are slaves to their government...
We don't have as much time as ghandi had either now do we? NO we don't..

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:26 PM
Neither are the chineese civilians and they are slaves to their government...
We don't have as much time as ghandi had either now do we? NO we don't..

right...

See LibertyEagle's post above.

and my post above as well.

garrettwombat
if we make enemies with the MSM, then they will focus on making ron unelectable. stop being so fucking juvenile, play by the fucking rules, or you will cost a great man his chance of a lifetime. that he has spent HIS LIFETIME on. put your pride in check. and stop making enemies for ron paul.

i think we should play by the rules until the election is over... we still need to have our peaceful protests and sign wavings as much as possible... but if he loses... its game time.

chandlerLBT
I believe this should get organized and prepaired for that here online.. Start a pledge with signatures that all the world can see that we are not F/King around and taking this BS and will raise hell if it comes to be true of this BS.. They seen the nov 5 th pledge and that it turned out more people that had actually pledged. Intimidate them.. Get this started as soon as possible. Let them know their will be a wrath from his supporters if he is excluded..

get your way through intimidation. are you voting for giuliani or paul?

LibertyEagle
11-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Some of you people are absolutely crazy! We do not even know if this story is true or not, but yet, some of you seem itchy for a fight. Do you not give a damn that you could very well destroy the last chance that we have to save our country? I'm starting to wonder.

May I ask the ages of those of you who seem to be wanting to destroy this campaign? Seriously, how old are you? Are you voting age?

MikeStanart
11-06-2007, 12:30 PM
If Ron Paul was here to perscribe us all something.....he would give us a..

http://realonomics.net/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/chill-pill.jpg

So dont' get crazy until we get official news.

And even if it is true.....Remember; that in all the years Ron Paul has been fighting the good fight.... he has NEVER BEEN VIOLENT!!!

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 12:32 PM
I was thinking of something like this history making event...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5370437243192821520

not a riot or anything violent!

I admit I am kind of dissappointed about it....:D

fj45lvr
11-06-2007, 12:34 PM
I agree that we should have a

DECLARATION OF LIBERTY

List our grievance and if they fail to "do the right thing" then we will descend on AMES like locusts....

AS alexander Hamilton told the patriots before us:

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us.

The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery......I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it?.........And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free — if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending — if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained — we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us!

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:41 PM
I agree that we should have a

DECLARATION OF LIBERTY

List our grievance and if they fail to "do the right thing" then we will descend on AMES like locusts....

AS alexander Hamilton told the patriots before us:

They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us.

The question before the House is one of awful moment to this country. For my own part, I consider it as nothing less than a question of freedom or slavery......I ask gentlemen, sir, what means this martial array, if its purpose be not to force us to submission? Can gentlemen assign any other possible motive for it?.........And what have we to oppose to them? Shall we try argument? Sir, we have been trying that for the last ten years. Have we anything new to offer upon the subject? Nothing. We have held the subject up in every light of which it is capable; but it has been all in vain. Shall we resort to entreaty and humble supplication? What terms shall we find which have not been already exhausted? Let us not, I beseech you, sir, deceive ourselves. Sir, we have done everything that could be done to avert the storm which is now coming on. We have petitioned; we have remonstrated; we have supplicated; we have prostrated ourselves before the throne, and have implored its interposition to arrest the tyrannical hands of the ministry and Parliament. Our petitions have been slighted; our remonstrances have produced additional violence and insult; our supplications have been disregarded; and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne! In vain, after these things, may we indulge the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free — if we mean to preserve inviolate those inestimable privileges for which we have been so long contending — if we mean not basely to abandon the noble struggle in which we have been so long engaged, and which we have pledged ourselves never to abandon until the glorious object of our contest shall be obtained — we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us!

(sigh)

We are not even to that point,... yet.

So as my esteemed poster above indicated take a chill pill :p

Let's see where this goes.

:cool:

Kap
11-06-2007, 12:49 PM
You know how to beat the MSM and debunk them? Beat them at their own game. Play their game.

Look at this thread, this guy has a good idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=32865

you have to be creative and clever in this world to compete.

;)

I've been echoing the same sentiment as well. If these companies are going to play dirty pool, then by all means let's hurt 'em where it counts: Money. It's not just companies we should be going after, but even the advertisers that pay for commericals on those channels.

Rosa Parks ring a bell? A simple bus boycott brought the busing industry to it's knees during the early Civil Rights movement. This can work, if we're organized and dedicated enough to do it.

We may not notice the change right away, but given enough time and persistence we can prevail!

Hell, I'd rather save that cash and donate to Ron Paul anyway.

robofx
11-06-2007, 12:53 PM
The founders were up against the British army. We are up against ... our fellow Americans.

Americans could restore the Republic and the Constitution very rapidly - by simply voting for Constitutionalists at every level of government.

But they don't do that. They don't do that because Americans WANT THINGS TO BE THE WAY THEY ARE.

It's not MSM or anyone else holding guns to our heads. It's Americans allowing it to happen. We're not in a fight even remotely similar to that faced by the Founders. We (the American voting public) HAVE the power to change things - we just don't want them changed.

It's as simple as that. And if Ron Paul loses, it won't be because of some sinister enemy preventing him from winning. He'll lose because Americans don't WANT him to be their president. Because they DON'T WANT a Constitutional Republic.

KewlRonduderules
11-06-2007, 12:55 PM
That's an idea.

Thanks!