PDA

View Full Version : Shocking! Sexual harassment pervasive in grades 7-12

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2011, 11:10 AM
OMG, kids in Junior High School acting like this? It's a regular epidemic! :rolleyes:

NEW YORK (AP) — It can be a malicious rumor whispered in the hallway, a lewd photo arriving by cell phone, hands groping where they shouldn't. Added up, it's an epidemic — student-on-student sexual harassment that is pervasive in America's middle schools and high schools.
"It's reached a level where it's almost a normal part of the school day," said one of the report's co-authors, AAUW director of research Catherine Hill. "It's somewhat of a vicious cycle. The kids who are harassers often have been harassed themselves."

http://news.yahoo.com/survey-sexual-harassment-pervasive-grades-7-12-050245126.html

Lafayette
11-07-2011, 11:56 AM
At that age what young man's mind isn't thinking about sex all the time? Cannot say i ever "sexually harassed" any girls when i was in school,well... maybe not to their face :o

oyarde
11-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Gratefully , my High School girlfriend was very understanding :) , what a great Lady .

Working Poor
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM
I was very much harassed I still cringe when I think about those days in jr and sr high yuck.

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
I didn't become a sexual harasser till junior year in high school. By then, then "harassment" was fun, and I sought to be sexually harassed by as many girls as possible. Pretty fun, IMO. :D There was this one kinky girl stacy...she liked to bite my nipple. Weird, but erotic in a way. :o I took a few dares to sexually harass people, too. Good times. :D

ETA: I think the author of the OP is at least 30 years behind the trend. ;)

dannno
11-07-2011, 01:14 PM
Never go full retard.

dannno
11-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I was very much harassed I still cringe when I think about those days in jr and sr high yuck.

You should checkout what it's like being rejected all those years and get back to me.

WAHHH!!! I got too much un-wanted attention!!

:rolleyes:

asurfaholic
11-07-2011, 01:16 PM
Danno should know

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
ETA: I think the author of the OP is at least 30 years behind the trend. ;)

The author of the article is at least 30,000 years behind in identifying this "trend". ;)

dannno
11-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Danno should know

What is that :confused:

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2011, 01:21 PM

Some people are jerks, no getting around that.

asurfaholic
11-07-2011, 01:23 PM
Never go full retard.

This...

dannno
11-07-2011, 01:25 PM
This...

Talk to me when you have a rep bar.

Ben Bernanke
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM
What? I thought Herman Cain would have graduated grade school by now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yl3UMO-TkE

Fr0m_3ur0pe
11-07-2011, 01:45 PM
More reasons to homeschool. *SNIPPED*

EDIT: ok, that joke was too incorrect.

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Would playing "sack tap" count as sexual harassment?

For those who don't know, sack tap is a game some guys play where you use the back of your hand to give a hard tap to your friend's sack, leaving them on the ground in pain for a few minutes.

dannno
11-07-2011, 02:03 PM

For those who don't know, sack tap is a game some guys play where you use the back of your hand to give a hard tap to your friend's sack, leaving them on the ground in pain for a few minutes.

If it isn't, then I don't know what is.

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2011, 02:07 PM

:eek: I'm glad I didn't grow up in your neighborhood!

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2011, 02:08 PM
The author of the article is at least 30,000 years behind in identifying this "trend". ;)
+a zillion

dannno
11-07-2011, 03:15 PM
lol, just reminded me of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DwAbduTowo

asurfaholic
11-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Talk to me when you have a rep bar.

I was joking.. sorry if it came across differently

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 03:28 PM
:eek: I'm glad I didn't grow up in your neighborhood!

That's entertainment at an all boys school.

Kylie
11-07-2011, 03:32 PM
I have been sexually harassed since I was 14 years old. I learned that as an attractive girl, there was no getting away fromit. So I learned to use it to my advantage. If I'm gonna be ogled like a piece of meat, I'd at least make bank while doing it. Cue strip club dollas!

:)

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
I have been sexually harassed since I was 14 years old. I learned that as an attractive girl, there was no getting away fromit. So I learned to use it to my advantage. If I'm gonna be ogled like a piece of meat, I'd at least make bank while doing it. Cue strip club dollas!

Tube or didn't happen ;) :p

fisharmor
11-07-2011, 03:37 PM

I would count it.... but then I didn't "play" anything in high school which required me to touch another man's nuts.

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 03:40 PM
I would count it.... but then I didn't "play" anything in high school which required me to touch another man's nuts.

The momentary contact was worth watching your friend almost cry. As I said, it was an all boys school, not much else to do but hit each other.

I was actually worried I had permanently damaged my equipment lol, I was so relieved it all works when I found out I was going to be a dad.

dannno
11-07-2011, 07:56 PM
The momentary contact was worth watching your friend almost cry.

The trick is not to get a lot of weight or momentum behind it, it's all about speed and a sort of whipping action, and a very slight tap. No need to try and shove them up into the body or anything.

Not that I've ever done it to anybody, but I've been hit once or twice and it was fairly common at my school.

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 07:57 PM
The trick is not to get a lot of weight or momentum behind it, it's all about speed and a sort of whipping action, and a very slight tap. No need to try and shove them up into the body or anything.

Not that I've ever done it to anybody, but I've been hit once or twice and it was fairly common at my school.

Exactly, it's a "tap".

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Tube or didn't happen ;) :p
+1 ;) :cool:

dannno
11-07-2011, 08:04 PM

So did you ever consider what the other person must be going through to make those kind of comments to someone completely random like that? I mean, dudes don't walk around making random comments to each other generally, unless they are wearing an opposing sports team jersey or something.

amy31416
11-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I now pronounce this thread gay.

dannno
11-07-2011, 08:06 PM

Well it's not like I don't understand her side.. I mean, it's gotta kinda suck walking around with a bunch of people who are bigger and stronger than you telling you how much they want to do things that you don't want to do.. I was just sort of curious.

moderate libertarian
11-07-2011, 08:07 PM
I've just read the headline and find it very much credible :)

eduardo89
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM

I think only one person has the power to officially pronounce a thread gay or not.

PatriotOne
11-07-2011, 08:09 PM

lmao. + rep.

Kylie
11-07-2011, 08:26 PM
So did you ever consider what the other person must be going through to make those kind of comments to someone completely random like that? I mean, dudes don't walk around making random comments to each other generally, unless they are wearing an opposing sports team jersey or something.

Perpetual puberty maybe? :)

But really, I've worked in many, many different types of jobs, and that is one thing I found that pervades all of them

Some women will see you as a threat, and hate you for no other reason. Some men will see you as attractive before capable. It sucks, because either way you go you have to work harder just to get ahead. Worked for me though, because I finally sickened of it to the point that I started my own thing.

I might scrub toilets for a living now, but I am my own boss and I'm actually proud of the work I do.

amy31416
11-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I think only one person has the power to officially pronounce a thread gay or not.

Pick me! Pick me!

oyarde
11-08-2011, 11:41 AM
I was very much harassed I still cringe when I think about those days in jr and sr high yuck. But you are a great personality now . I have been through some pretty tough times in life , but , I think it has probably made me a better person for it ...

dannno
11-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Perpetual puberty maybe? :)

So guys are only supposed to be crazy about girls during puberty? Seems pretty weird/sadistic of society to be so disapproving of sexual relations during this time then. Or is it that some of them get it out of their system and others don't and they end up going through that continuation? What can ever stop it? Do you think it is always their fault?

But really, I've worked in many, many different types of jobs, and that is one thing I found that pervades all of them

Some women will see you as a threat, and hate you for no other reason. Some men will see you as attractive before capable. It sucks, because either way you go you have to work harder just to get ahead. Worked for me though, because I finally sickened of it to the point that I started my own thing.

I might scrub toilets for a living now, but I am my own boss and I'm actually proud of the work I do.

Wow, that is amazing that you found men's attractiveness towards you so disgusting that you'd rather clean toilets than be in their presence, not to mention dealing with jealous women of course. I'm not saying your wrong, it's just that kind of stuff is really fucking interesting to me.

Kylie
11-08-2011, 01:38 PM
You can deal wth it until you get sick of dealing with it. I dont want to be the kind of person I was when I had to deal with others. Not that I was a bad person, or any of them either, but we are all different in our own ways. Now I deal with the people I choose to, not forced into an employment situation that makes for conflict. Its rather nice to get fulfillment, even in the most menial of jobs, and get to choose who I associate with.

It might sound stupid, but it is more fufilling to clean a house of a person you like and respect than to have to work wiith people that make you unhappy in order to get a paycheck.

I wasnt disgusted by the guys I worked with, but I was their boss so it would make for some difficulties. I learned to use it to get them to do what I needed them to do. But I dont want to interact with people like in that manner anymore, so i changed myself.

donnay
11-08-2011, 01:43 PM
the 5,002 reason to home school!

dannno
11-08-2011, 01:48 PM
I learned to use it to get them to do what I needed them to do. But I dont want to interact with people like in that manner anymore, so i changed myself.

From a guy who has done a LOT of things for girls without any real reciprocation, I can understand why you got sick of using that as a tool. It's a pretty messed up dynamic when it's used in that way.

Kylie
11-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, yeah. I dont want to be that kind of person. Never did really, but it got the job done. Not that I was overtly sexual with them(I wasnt), but when thats how youre viewed in the first place, its not hard to use it to get them to do their jobs. We are not taking about strip clubs any more, ya know that, right? These were regular work places that have this same dynamic.

Strip clubs are on a whole different level of fuckedupness. :)