PDA

View Full Version : Strange mention from Chuck Todd- MSNBC

Cleaner44
11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I just finished watching Chuck Todd with guests discussing Cain and Romney. They mentioned the Ron Paul with Wallace interview from yesterday on FOX and talked about how Ron probably won'y support the GOP nominee and then proceeded to talk up Ron as a possible 3rd party candidate... :confused:

Meanwhile down at the bottom of the screen it said the Ron will NOT run as 3rd party candidate.

Yet they insisted in talking up the whole 3rd party thing.

There must be some research that shows if they repeat this message that it will hurt Ron's chances because it make no sense from a reporting point of view. The media keeps ignoring what Ron says and running with the idea of 3rd party. There must be a reason, if nothing else to perpetuate the idea that he can't win the GOP nomination.

Okie RP fan
11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
I just finished watching Chuck Todd with guests discussing Cain and Romney. They mentioned the Ron Paul with Wallace interview from yesterday on FOX and talked about how Ron probably won'y support the GOP nominee and then proceeded to talk up Ron as a possible 3rd party candidate... :confused:

Meanwhile down at the bottom of the screen it said the Ron will NOT run as 3rd party candidate.

There must be some research that shows if they repeat this message that it will hurt Ron's chances because it make no sense from a reporting point of view. The media keeps ignoring what Ron says and running with the idea of 3rd party. There must be a reason, if nothing else to perpetuate the idea that he can't win the GOP nomination.

Surely you are aware that the media is essentially tied at the hip with what we call "corporate interests" or "corporate America." Ron Paul would put an end to insanity and chaos (what the media thrives off of) and bring sanity and awareness (not good for a tyrannical government).

milo10
11-07-2011, 09:14 AM
There are two reasons for this.

1. It implies that his current campaign has no chance of winning the Republican nomination.
2. It makes him seem more of an out-of-place candidate who does not fit in.

There is not necessarily a "plan" to do this to Ron, this is simply how media functions against candidates they dislike or are indifferent to.

Reason #1 is why Ron should respond to all questions like this that he expects to win the Republican nomination, so there is no need to. That is the proper response.

Reason #2 is a lot less negative than the MSM thinks it is, and can be disregarded. For every voter you turn off with that, there is another who becomes more interested.

Steve-in-NY
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
Mock them in a soundbite manner while getting your point across.

"I do not plan to run 3rd party. Shall I ask Chris Cristie to appeal on my behalf?"

Fredom101
11-07-2011, 09:33 AM

Who cares? The GOP is a basket case and we all know that. The mainstream GOP platform is all-neocon. If RP doesn't win there's NO reason why he shouldn't run as an indy.

barefootjourney
11-07-2011, 09:47 AM
The conservatives should most definitely not support a Ron Paul 3rd party run... if that happens the chance of the GOP winning the election is quite dismal.

freeforall
11-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Perhaps they want Obama reelected. It is probably better for their ratings.

ShaneEnochs
11-07-2011, 10:09 AM
The conservatives should most definitely not support a Ron Paul 3rd party run... if that happens the chance of the GOP winning the election is quite dismal.

Fine with me. I personally believe the other candidates would do a worse job than Obama.

speciallyblend
11-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Mock them in a soundbite manner while getting your point across.

"I do not plan to run 3rd party. Shall I ask Chris Cristie to appeal on my behalf?"

niceeeeeeeeeeeee

speciallyblend
11-07-2011, 10:20 AM

If the gop does not nominate Ron Paul. The gop will be electing an obama republican. Ron Paul 2012 or the gop might as well run obama/bush 2012 Legalize Freedom

ctiger2
11-07-2011, 11:05 AM
It's gonna be fun to see the faces on the establishment idiots when Ron takes down IA on Jan 3rd. hehe! Hey whaaa happened ?

EBounding
11-07-2011, 11:24 AM
The media loves 3rd Party "spoiler" candidates, particularly for Republicans. They LOVE Ron Paul as long as he's not running as the GOP president.

I guarantee that if Ron Paul decided today to run as a 3rd party candidate, the media would throw a parade for him and give him more coverage than he ever has before. This would create a new "twist" to the media storyline. Plus it assures Obama would win. That's why they keep pining for him to run 3rd party, regardless of what he says.

nbruno322
11-07-2011, 11:40 AM
Media Bias - If I had a gold coin for every time Wolf asked Ron Paul about 3rd party..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDCPm4JTgPk