PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney Flying coach with Mitt- The not so friendly skies

LisaNY
11-07-2011, 06:14 AM
LOL:

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/in-flight-romney-is-aloof-with-fellow-passengers/

squarepusher
11-07-2011, 06:19 AM
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-02-19/news/27056768_1_romney-spokesman-eric-fehrnstrom-mitt-romney-claims

Sky Blu of LMFAO claims Mitt Romney got physical first on flight from Vancouver

although, I can understand, I think its nice that he takes public transportation, but the flight is probably a time he uses to relax and he shouldn't have to have a nonstop conversation with everyone there.

LisaNY
11-07-2011, 06:23 AM
He is running for President for goodness sake. If he wants to relax or be a douche he should take a private plane.

jkob
11-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Eh, if anything this sounds like being a normal guy. Flying sucks.

JohnGalt1225
11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I feel his pain on this one, I don't like to talk on flights.

ShaneEnochs
11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I don't really understand the story here. Campaigning is a bitch, I'm sure. The guy just wanted to have some relaxation time. He wasn't stand-offish. He seemed polite and just wanted to rest.

trey4sports
11-07-2011, 08:54 AM
who the fuck wants to hear a bunch of dipshits give their opinion on shit they know nothing about?

Icymudpuppy
11-07-2011, 10:10 AM
He is a public figure. If he wants a quiet flight, he should take private charter. I doubt he was in coach. First class maybe, but I don't see him as EVER flying coach.

Athan
11-07-2011, 10:25 AM
I dislike the mittens, but yeah she sounds like she was cutting in to some of his down time. I'm NOT DEFENDING HIM THOUGH! Warmongering mittens. I hope the TSA probed him on and off the plane.

angelatc
11-07-2011, 10:29 AM
He's a freaking multi-millionaire. The only reason he was even on that plane was to try to make voters believe that he's really just a normal guy, like Herman Cain!

specsaregood
11-07-2011, 10:35 AM
He is a public figure. If he wants a quiet flight, he should take private charter. I doubt he was in coach. First class maybe, but I don't see him as EVER flying coach.

He's flying coach because his image consultants told him he needed to do that to make people forget he is uber-rich.

There was a great article a year or so ago written by a blogger that found himself seated next to Dr. Paul on a flight. Wish I could dig it up...

ShaneEnochs
11-07-2011, 10:40 AM
He's flying coach because his image consultants told him he needed to do that to make people forget he is uber-rich.

There was a great article a year or so ago written by a blogger that found himself seated next to Dr. Paul on a flight. Wish I could dig it up...

What happened in the article?

Brian4Liberty
11-07-2011, 10:42 AM
He's a freaking multi-millionaire. The only reason he was even on that plane was to try to make voters believe that he's really just a normal guy, like Herman Cain!

Maybe. But if he was doing that, it would make more sense to treat it as a campaign stop and interact with everyone.

specsaregood
11-07-2011, 10:43 AM
What happened in the article?
The person was surprised to find Dr. Paul was just a normal guy without an entourage that flies coach (but usually gets free upgrades due to frequent flyer miles) every single week to and from D.C. to TX.

LisaNY
11-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I know it isn't a campaign-killing gaffe, but this is the type of attitude I would expect from a celebrity, not a man trying to be President of the United States. You mean to tell me he couldn't fake pleasantness for the 2 hour flight? He couldn't recommend a restaurant for the person who asked? He seems like a snobby prick to me and it WILL cost him votes.

QuickZ06
11-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Mitt:

Come on guys and gals I'm just like you, I fly coach and live in a house just like every other American.......

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af107/QuickZ06/cr-mitt-romoney-gop-homes.jpg

If I had a house like that I would be flying first class if I wanted peace and quite. When you fly coach to try and make a "statement" be prepared to have every "normal" citizen try to talk your head off. Me personally, I love to talk to people on planes as I have had some funny conversations and met some really interesting people. But I never started the conversations as most just wanna talk to me for what ever reason, guess I'm cool like that j/k.

Aratus
11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
gentleman mitt = gentleman mitt

squarepusher
11-07-2011, 02:34 PM
either way, I think its good. Spending ten's of thousands of dollars just on a private jet seems like a waste of campaign/tax payer money, and makes you seem elitist.

anaconda
11-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Ron would have started talking about freedom. The whole plane would have stopped using their headphones and joined in the conversation. Ron would not have missed the chance to help others discover liberty. The pilot would have been asking questions over the intercom.

sailingaway
11-07-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree the only reason he was there was to pretend he was regular folks. Mind you, we regular folks come armed with earphones to make it clear we are otherwise occupied, but Mitt might not know that trick....

sailingaway
11-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Maybe. But if he was doing that, it would make more sense to treat it as a campaign stop and interact with everyone.

this^^

Or don't do it. I bet he's pissed he was talked into that now that Ron is jetting around all gangsta like...

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2011, 02:47 PM
either way, I think its good. Spending ten's of thousands of dollars just on a private jet seems like a waste of campaign/tax payer money, and makes you seem elitist.Yeah, those "BIG3 head to Washington" set the precedence on corporate travel.

Frankly, if I saw him walk into coach, I would ask him why he's slumming it in cattle car... then I say, never mind, you're a politician that wants something from the people for one day... see yah again in 4 years.

MJU1983
11-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Mitt doesn't sound like a people person which is odd considering he is running for President.

I make friends everywhere, I'm a people person. :)

I met a nice lady from Istanbul on a flight from Rome to Vienna. She said I can come stay with her and her husband anytime I like. I was in Istanbul a few months prior to this flight so we had a lot to talk about.

I always chat with my seat-mates. Coach is a little more relaxed and easier to talk with people. Business and first class is usually a little more stuffy...although I did make two friends on a first class Qantas flight from LA - Sydney. I learned a ton about trains on a business class flight Chicago - Hong Kong and befriended a woman who works for Wrigley...I even got to hang out with a pilot. lol

anaconda
11-07-2011, 03:55 PM
Mitt doesn't sound like a people person which is odd considering he is running for President.

I make friends everywhere, I'm a people person. :)

I met a nice lady from Istanbul on a flight from Rome to Vienna. She said I can come stay with her and her husband anytime I like. I was in Istanbul a few months prior to this flight so we had a lot to talk about.

I always chat with my seat-mates. Coach is a little more relaxed and easier to talk with people. Business and first class is usually a little more stuffy...although I did make two friends on a first class Qantas flight from LA - Sydney. I learned a ton about trains on a business class flight Chicago - Hong Kong and befriended a woman who works for Wrigley...I even got to hang out with a pilot. lol

Paul/MJU1983 2012!

MJU1983
11-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Paul/MJU1983 2012!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/MJU1983/1103.gif