PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Policy Experts Agree With Ron Paul

Inkblots
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Ron Paul is often chided by his Republican opponents for his extreme views on American foreign policy. His calls for ending all foreign wars and shutting hundreds of military bases across the globe have drawn howls from his GOP rivals, who have labeled the moves irresponsible and naïve.

His campaign pledge of cutting all foreign aid and withdrawing U.S. participation in the World Trade Organization and the United Nations has been at odds with even the most conservative members of his own party.

Yet as voting day in Iowa and New Hampshire draws near, Paul, the Congressman from Texas, is finding support for his non-interventionist positions from a growing number of foreign policy experts.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/foreign-policy-experts-agree-with-ron-pauls-controversial-foreign-policy/

The first part of this article is pretty good, but by the end they go back to repeating the old smear that Ron said US policy "caused" 9/11 and call him inarticulate. Still, it's nice to see an article about the fact that people who actually study and understand foreign policy agree with Ron Paul.

runamuck
11-06-2011, 06:27 PM
You mean... He actually knows what he's talking about? *sarcasm*

muh_roads
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/11/foreign-policy-experts-agree-with-ron-pauls-controversial-foreign-policy/

More evidence that a MSM memo is going around saying to talk about Ron Paul more?

I'm not sure what is going on. I think I like it...but now I'm confused...It's almost as if the media is having fun with picking flavors of the day/week/month to see how influential they are...

smartguy911
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
wow its actually listed on this page - http://abcnews.go.com/politics

very very interesting

pauliticalfan
11-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I recently heard someone call this race a game of political musical chairs: the last candidate to be flavor of the month wins. This is exactly what we need to have happen; Ron needs to surge right before the Iowa Caucus if we're to win this thing.

Cleaner44
11-06-2011, 08:00 PM
non-interventionist positions... How did that get in there? This ABC blogger clearly did not get the memo.

PeacePlan
11-06-2011, 08:02 PM
We need this on Drudge as it may turn many minds to look at Ron Paul with more respect..

Inkblots
11-06-2011, 08:03 PM
No point in having duplicate threads, I suppose. Mods, can you merge this and the thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328395-Foreign-Policy-Experts-Agree-With-Ron-Paul

smartguy911
11-06-2011, 08:06 PM
whoever wrote this article is going to get fired for sure.

PeacePlan
11-06-2011, 08:07 PM
This needs to be on Drudge Report.. I sent them a link..

muh_roads
11-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I recently heard someone call this race a game of political musical chairs: the last candidate to be flavor of the month wins. This is exactly what we need to have happen; Ron needs to surge right before the Iowa Caucus if we're to win this thing.

I definitely think they are playing games. They want a top 3 so when the voting starts it becomes a circus which is good for their ratings. Romney is definitely one of them...and now they are deciding whether 2nd and 3rd should be filled by Paul, Cain or Newt.

The next national polls will be interesting. If Paul can get above 15% in the next round of national polling I'll be a happy camper. If we can get 20% by the end of the year we will officially have a real chance at winning this thing.

bluesc
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM

That's the campaign's strategy.

muh_roads
11-06-2011, 08:11 PM
No point in having duplicate threads, I suppose. Mods, can you merge this and the thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328395-Foreign-Policy-Experts-Agree-With-Ron-Paul

Mine was better cause it stressed ABC News. :P It is front page in the politics section.

jasonxe
We need this on Drudge as it may turn many minds to look at Ron Paul with more respect..

That's if drudge posts it. He doesn't seem to want to post the Illinois straw poll victory.

JTforRP
Drudged.

RDM
11-06-2011, 08:19 PM
if this is the beginning of a string of positive press, it does not give us a pass to sit on our laurels. If this is a strategy to take us off our game and become lackadaisical they win. We must now ever so more double our efforts. Like a surfer...that perfect wave is coming in...if you're not in the water trying to catch it, you missed it.

seapilot
11-06-2011, 08:39 PM
The media is really good at doing one thing. That is scaring the crap out of people that do not know any better. They pump Ron Paul up they probably feel they have the power to bring him down by scaring people with his budget cuts. If he gets enough people actually learning about him it could back fire on them in a big way.

Bruno
11-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Drudge in bed with Cain recently. Sent regardless.

D.A.S.
11-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Pretty decent article for MSM, especially ABC... What truly makes it organic is the mention of (spreading) Santorum calling Paul "irresponsible" and "parroting OBL" and some random NH voter who called Paul "off his rocker" on his foreign policy. Without those digs, though, an article from MSM would be fake.

BlackTerrel
11-06-2011, 09:18 PM
whoever wrote this article is going to get fired for sure.

Ok. Repost when he gets fired.

11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Our push might be coming. If it is we need to run with it and get as many people onboard as possible. Once we get them, it won't be like the others, we won't lose them.

Xelaetaks
11-06-2011, 09:21 PM
if this is the beginning of a string of positive press, it does not give us a pass to sit on our laurels. If this is a strategy to take us off our game and become lackadaisical they win. We must now ever so more double our efforts. Like a surfer...that perfect wave is coming in...if you're not in the water trying to catch it, you missed it.

Right on. + rep. We gotta continue emailing and calling the press, spreading the message, etc....... I feel like the MSM may be starting to catch onto the movement.

RDM
11-06-2011, 10:02 PM
If any of you have a DIGG account, I need you to help me push this to top news. Thanks.

http://digg.com/news/story/foreign_policy_experts_agree_with_ron_paul_s_contr oversial_foreign_policy

axiomata
11-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Commented

RDM
11-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Commented

You did? It's not showing.

sailingaway
11-06-2011, 10:10 PM
If any of you have a DIGG account, I need you to help me push this to top news. Thanks.

http://digg.com/news/story/foreign_policy_experts_agree_with_ron_paul_s_contr oversial_foreign_policy

dugg and commented

axiomata
11-06-2011, 10:12 PM
You did? It's not showing.

Shows for me:

There’s two distinct layers to Dr. Paul’s answer to the challenge issued by the New Hampshire voter and Mr. Santorum that this article does not fully address.

1) The first layer deals with the terrorists motives for attacking us. Experts who have read their rationale agree that simply put: it is because we are over there.

This point alone does not dictate our foreign policy. Our proper foreign policy becomes apparent only when combined with the second layer. But you can’t formulate a realistic foreign policy without knowing your enemies, and this requires comprehending their motives.

If you go swimming in an alligator infested creek and get attacked and the local alligator expert says that was probably a dumb move because gators are hungry and ferocious the expert is not justifying the alligator attack, he is explaining it. Contrary to what Mr. Santorum says, the expert is not being “irresponsible”, in fact, it is exactly the opposite.

2) Being “over there” is not in our national interest. Pretty much every Mideast intervention besides going after bin Laden was not defensive, it was not declared by the proper authority (Congress), it was very expensive in blood and treasure, and not in our national interest.

If 1) and 2) are both true, and they are, then Ron Paul is right.
http://a.abcnews.com/blogs/politics/wp-content/themes/abc/img/blog-arrow.gif
Posted by: axiomata | November 6, 2011, 9:27 pm 9:27 pm

RDM
11-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Shows for me:

I mean commented on the DIGG site, not the article site.

axiomata
11-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I mean commented on the DIGG site, not the article site.

Fine ... I think I still have a digg account somewhere.

RDM
11-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Fine ... I think I still have a digg account somewhere.

Thanks, its there now.