PDA

View Full Version : Looking for writers for a Political News/Opinion/Blog Site

freakout9903
11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
I have been playing with different ideas and have decided on a project for one of my domains. Many of you and I are sick of the way the mainstream media reports news or their lack reporting. So I have decided to create my own news outlet. The website is "tunewall.com". I have it running the latest WordPress with a free news/magazine theme that I hope to upgrade as we grow. Currently the site has great SEO and is well nested in popular search engines. My next goal is an important one, working with Google on getting into their "Google News" headlines/feed. Goggle News will give us our ability to have "Press Releases" that reach millions. As of right now I am willing to add any writers/bloggers who are willing to do all or one of the following:

Comments/Linking to recent press releases from other internet sources

Opinion blog-like writings about current Political affairs

Mirrored blog posts from your personal blog/website you have permission to post

Articles/Breaking News to issue for "Immediate Press Release" via tunewall.com

If you are interested I will teach you exactly how to post the above different types of news, as well as help you learn the WordPress interface and use the Plugins I have installed. This site will not be all about "Ron Paul" but can lean in his direction. I do want to eventually have a variety of writers from all angles, so If you know anyone interested in writing articles from any Political standpoints please let me know also. I know a couple people have messaged me from a previous post I had made a while back, just sit tight and I will be contacting you, as well as responding to anyone who posts in this thread come the end of the week.

Thanks,
Matt Knock
Lead Editor/Site Admin of tunewall.com (http://tunewall.com)

**UPDATE** - Google News has accepted tunewall.com for inclusion! **UPDATE**

PaulConventionWV
11-06-2011, 07:05 PM
I have been playing with different ideas and have decided on a project for one of my domains. Many of you and I are sick of the way the mainstream media reports news or their lack reporting. So I have decided to create my own news outlet. The website is "tunewall.com". I have it running the latest WordPress with a free news/magazine theme that I hope to upgrade as we grow. Currently the site has great SEO and is well nested in popular search engines. My next goal is an important one, working with Google on getting into their "Google News" headlines/feed. Goggle News will give us our ability to have "Press Releases" that reach millions. As of right now I am willing to add any writers/bloggers who are willing to do all or one of the following:

Comments/Linking to recent press releases from other internet sources

Opinion blog-like writings about current Political affairs

Mirrored blog posts from your personal blog/website you have permission to post

Articles/Breaking News to issue for "Immediate Press Release" via tunewall.com

If you are interested I will teach you exactly how to post the above different types of news, as well as help you learn the WordPress interface and use the Plugins I have installed. This site will not be all about "Ron Paul" but can lean in his direction. I do want to eventually have a variety of writers from all angles, so If you know anyone interested in writing articles from any Political standpoints please let me know also. I know a couple people have messaged me from a previous post I had made a while back, just sit tight and I will be contacting you, as well as responding to anyone who posts in this thread come the end of the week.

Thanks,
Matt Knock
Lead Editor/Site Admin of tunewall.com (http://tunewall.com)

Matt, are these paid positions you are offering? If so, I may be interested.

Roy Bleckert
11-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I might be interested in writing a political opinion spot

freakout9903
11-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Matt, are these paid positions you are offering? If so, I may be interested.
As of right now I can't offer any kind of pay. In the future this may be possible if advertisements/other income grew to pay for more than the hosting/domain/traffic. The "founding" writers who help us get there will be first to be compensated at that point.

JohnGalt1225
11-06-2011, 07:56 PM
This is something I would most definitely be interested in.

PaulConventionWV
11-06-2011, 08:33 PM
As of right now I can't offer any kind of pay. In the future this may be possible if advertisements/other income grew to pay for more than the hosting/domain/traffic. The "founding" writers who help us get there will be first to be compensated at that point.

I'm interested. I've done a lot of writing in the field of political science, and I plan to have my major completed in that area in the next few years. In the meantime, however, I'd be glad to offer my writing skills to your blog site. Just contact me and let me know the specifics. You can reach me at levi.grandt@richmond.edu so you can tell me about what my duties would be and what would be expected. Thanks!

ShaneEnochs
11-06-2011, 08:42 PM
I would be interested in this as well. ShaneEnochs@gmail.com

Liberty_Mike
11-06-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm interested. Haven't written in a while, but you can check out some of my blogging I've done in the past at theconstitutionalists1.blogspot.com. Send me a private message and I will give you my email address if you're interested.

Philhelm
11-06-2011, 09:48 PM
I'd love to help out, even if it were just to do some edititititing. I tend to have a critical eye for such things.

freakout9903
11-07-2011, 12:49 AM
Wow a ton more support this time around, were going to have an army! I have a lot going on the next few days but promise to get back to you all sometime this week!

Aratus
11-07-2011, 02:23 AM
good luck!!!

silentshout
11-07-2011, 02:24 AM
I'd love to help out also.

PaulConventionWV
11-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I can do writing and/or editing, basically anything you need. I'm kind of a grammar junkie.

Philhelm
11-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I can do writing and/or editing, basically anything you need. I'm kind of a grammar junkie.

I cand do writing and (No need for "and/or") editing; (semicolon) basically anything you need. I'm kind of a grammar junkie.

:D I'm just being a swinging Richard.

PaulConventionWV
11-09-2011, 08:53 PM
I cand do writing and (No need for "and/or") editing; (semicolon) basically anything you need. I'm kind of a grammar junkie.

:D I'm just being a swinging Richard.

Actually, both sides of a semicolon should express a complete thought. Also, the use of and/or is optional, and there is nothing wrong with including it, gramatically.

Kylie
11-09-2011, 09:08 PM
I'd love to help out, even if it were just to do some edititititing. I tend to have a critical eye for such things.

As do I.

My family calls me the grammar/spelling nazi. I cannot stand to listen to, or read, incorrectly.

Please pm if you need my help. :)

freakout9903
11-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Hi Matt,

Thank you for your note.
Great news! This message is to confirm that we've reviewed and added your
site to Google News. The inclusion of your articles should be processed
within the next few days. Please retain this message and refer to it
should you have any issues with your site in Google News.

Google News Information
UPDATE: tunewall.com just got accepted into Google news! Anyone interested in writing articles/opinion pieces/other political works PM me your email and I'll make you an author account.