PDA

View Full Version : Fox seems to have fallen out of love with Cain

Paulistinian
11-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Been watching Fox and they have been pushing hard on Cain failing.. playing bad video clips, playing clips of Ron Paul from today's interview where he explains Cain's bad positions... Looks to me like Fox is derailing the Cain Train.. Watch out for Newt.

trey4sports
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Newt wont be hard to take down. Hell, he's even made a commercial SPECIFICALLY designed to ruin any chance a person could have of getting the GOP nomination.

jkob
11-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Yup. Not sure if I'm buying Newt yet. I could see them pumping up Perry too. Elevate both of them to the mid teens in poll numbers.

Hospitaller
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
They are showing bad polls for cain (seven point drop in approval from one week ago)

There is currently a guest bad mouthing him

+rep for all those who predicted cains rise and fall, is newt next?

bluesc
11-06-2011, 04:31 PM
Using Ron to bring Cain down? Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

RileyE104
11-06-2011, 04:32 PM
they just showed a poll of Herman Cain's favorability among Republicans dropping from 66% to 57%

asurfaholic
11-06-2011, 04:34 PM

Using day to contrast night doesn't seem seem like a good thing?

hmm

bluesc
11-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Using day to contrast night doesn't seem seem like a good thing?

hmm

Why do you think no other conservative has been criticizing Cain lately? I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. I haven't even seen the interview yet, so I don't know what Ron criticized Cain for.

seyferjm
11-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Finally, I hope this is the beginning of the end for his campaign. I can't believe people had the wool pulled over their eyes so easily!

Napolitanic Wars
11-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Is anyone else dreading the day Mitt Romney is all the buzz? And he's finally spending his millions?

freeforall
11-06-2011, 04:39 PM

I think it is okay since he has focused on the issues and stayed away from the scandals.

bluesc
11-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Is anyone else dreading the day Mitt Romney is all the buzz? And he's finally spending his millions?

Considering he will be spending it in Florida, not really :)

D.A.S.
11-06-2011, 04:43 PM
If Cain and Gingrich stay in low teens, they will split Romney's votes, so that would be good for us.

Bruno
11-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Cain will say, "The joke is over! The Koch's and I can't believe we almost pulled it over on you!"

anaconda
11-06-2011, 04:49 PM

A Romney/Obama general leaves a big open barn door for a conservative 3rd party run, which has potential for taking Romney out and handing the credit for the final ruination of the U.S. economy, sometime from 2013-2016, to the Democrats.

JohnGalt1225
11-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Why do you think no other conservative has been criticizing Cain lately? I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. I haven't even seen the interview yet, so I don't know what Ron criticized Cain for.
Ron pretty much stuck to the issues. He nailed him for supporting TARP and being a Fed Chairman, he also brought up his neocon foreign policy.

JohnGalt1225
11-06-2011, 04:55 PM
A Romney/Obama general leaves a big open barn door for a conservative 3rd party run, which has potential for taking Romney out and handing the credit for the final ruination of the U.S. economy, sometime from 2013-2016, to the Democrats.
If Ron doesn't win this go around I'd rather see Obama stay in power. That leaves the door open for Rand next cycle, and I'd just hope the GOP takes the Senate that way they just squabble with each other for 4 years and don't really mess up the country any worse than it is.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Hilarious. You guys come up with a new conspiracy every day.

"They" are pushing Cain! No, Newt! No, Perry! No, its always been Romney! No, its Huntsman.

Diurdi
11-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Why do you think no other conservative has been criticizing Cain lately? I guess we'll have to see how it plays out. I haven't even seen the interview yet, so I don't know what Ron criticized Cain for. Ron only criticized his positions on the Fed, Sales tax, Foreign policy etc. He then said that the recent scandal is a waste of time and distraction from the real issues.

Ron is a bit like Newt in that they're not openly badmouthing others and only focusing in the real issues.

freeforall
11-06-2011, 05:02 PM
Anyone find it interesting that Fox is doing this the day after Cain passed the torch to Newt at their exclusive debate?

RDM
11-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Anyone find it interesting that Fox is doing this the day after Cain passed the torch to Newt at their exclusive debate?

I'm not surprised at all. They are pretty much staying to script. If you know how this game is played, its not hard to figure out their next move as they pretty much telegraph everything they do before they do it.

torchbearer
11-06-2011, 05:08 PM

what we don't need is for a Rhino to be holding that bucket when the shtf. if for anything- it would block a Rand primary in 2016.

asurfaholic
11-06-2011, 05:13 PM
Ron only criticized his positions on the Fed, Sales tax, Foreign policy etc. He then said that the recent scandal is a waste of time and distraction from the real issues.

Ron is a bit like Newt in that they're not openly badmouthing others and only focusing in the real issues.

Now, now now... I'd be careful when using Ron and Newt in the same sentence. If I were you, I'd read up a little on Mr. Newt..

affa
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM

"They" are pushing Cain! No, Newt! No, Perry! No, its always been Romney! No, its Huntsman.

Actually, many of us have been consistently saying they will bumper 'surges' back to back to lessen the import of any future surges. By creating media controlled swells, and then crashing them, you essentially undermine the power of surges. That is to say, you've created a 'flash in the pan' mentality... and any future Ron Paul surge can be dismissed as such. In addition, you're creating constant media coverage of non-issues, something Romney could never do on his own.

Ron Paul has had true, grass roots support. They have created the illusion that Bachman, Perry, and Cain have had true, grassroots support but that it's ultimately meaningless. If this is by accident, then they accidentally stole a page from a perfect plan to prepare themselves to deflate the Ron Paul movement.

Carehn
11-06-2011, 05:15 PM

LOL I seen the same thing. It sounds like a conspiracy but they are only recognizing the awesome propaganda force of the MSM.

Truth is the media has more power then the party's. Some time i wonder who is leading who.

torchbearer
11-06-2011, 05:17 PM
LOL I seen the same thing. It sounds like a conspiracy but they are only recognizing the awesome propaganda force of the MSM.

Truth is the media has more power then the party's. Some time i wonder who is leading who.

typically in sports a team doesn't compete against itself unless its for exhibition.

Diurdi
11-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Now, now now... I'd be careful when using Ron and Newt in the same sentence. If I were you, I'd read up a little on Mr. Newt..
Yes, his history is absolutely disgusting. However this election cycle he has been very friendly and respectful, at least on stage.

libertybrewcity
11-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Bill Kristol must not have approved.

specsaregood
11-06-2011, 05:45 PM

Mitt has been spending his millions. He spent $4million more than Paul last quarter.

FreedomProsperityPeace
11-06-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes, I just watched the Fox New Sunday panel give him the Ron Paul treatment. Bill Kristol and Paul Gigot repeatedly said he wouldn't be the nominee. They didn't hedge their statements, they flat-out said it.

11-06-2011, 05:52 PM
It's sad but at this point Fox might be the only thing to torpedo Cain and the Koch's big joke on the GOP.

John F Kennedy III
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Not one bit.

sailingaway
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM

He actually refused to weigh in on the sexual harassment claims saying there had been 1000 stories about that and it diverted the conversation from really important issues. He spoke against a national sales tax and spoke of Cain supporting TARP and the Fed and said those were much more important and legitimate issues to discuss.

John F Kennedy III
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
If Ron doesn't win this go around I'd rather see Obama stay in power. That leaves the door open for Rand next cycle, and I'd just hope the GOP takes the Senate that way they just squabble with each other for 4 years and don't really mess up the country any worse than it is.

This. Except the country can get alot worse in the next 4 years.

specsaregood
11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
This. Except the country can get alot worse in the next 4 years.
That is gonna happen no matter what, even with Dr. Paul. The difference being Dr. Paul is the only one with the prescription to help it start to get better. The other GOP candidates are no better than Obama, they are the same style of fast food coporate processed candidate.

John F Kennedy III
11-06-2011, 06:19 PM
It's sad but at this point Fox might be the only thing to torpedo Cain and the Koch's big joke on the GOP.

Lol theyre the ones that built it anyway...

anaconda
11-06-2011, 06:20 PM
what we don't need is for a Rhino to be holding that bucket when the shtf. if for anything- it would block a Rand primary in 2016.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Correct observation.

jmdrake
11-06-2011, 06:23 PM

It's not a good thing.....it's a GREAT thing! Ron stuck to the issues and knocked that question out of the park in a way that doesn't alienate voters who think Cain is being treated unfairly on the sexual harassment allegations. Ron turned the conversation back to his winning issues which is where it needs to stay.