PDA

View Full Version : *Video* Ron Paul: Support THEM Now Veteran's Day Money Bomb

Birdlady
11-06-2011, 02:35 PM
The other night I was crying like a baby while watching war footage on youtube. Because of that I was motivated to make this for the Veteran's Day money bomb. If you like it, please share it with friends, family and especially veterans and active duty military. I made this video for them. *hugs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChXYfLaJnj4

eleganz
11-06-2011, 03:36 PM
I admit, you got a few tears out of me, GREAT video!

WD-NY
11-08-2011, 01:40 AM
The other night I was crying like a baby while watching war footage on youtube. Because of that I was motivated to make this for the Veteran's Day money bomb. If you like it, please share it with friends, family and especially veterans and active duty military. I made this video for them. *hugs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG5CzMzlFtM

Beautiful work. Very powerful stuff BirdLady.

With a few edits, I really think this could be one of those videos that becomes 'timeless'... and whose 'value' extends well beyond the event it is designed to promote (which in this case = the 11.11.11 money bomb).

Just a few suggestions:

a different clip for the closing remark by Ron is definitely needed. The message you selected is right on the money - but I've heard Ron say that line in a slower and more solomn tone. Imo, the ideal tone for the closing clip would be something very close to the "Just come home. We just marched in..." clip at 1:15 (which was pitch perfect). I'm convinced that people respond more positively to Paul when he's in gravitas/stern mode rather than "yelling/shouting/high-pitch" mode.

use the same, incredibly moving + somber score from beginning to end. The transition at 2:19 to the much more 'uplifting' music jars the viewer out of the reflective meditative mode created by the proceeding 'homecoming' clips. The still images shown during the uplifting section should still work wonderfully with the 1st section's music.

Consider showing a few more 'homecoming' clips. The more of these you show the better imo as they add more substance to Ron Paul's bring-them-home message than anything we/he could ever possible say or do.

Consider cutting in the clip of Obama (1:04-1:13) that you used in your "Ron Paul: The Real Anti-War Candidate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jwd-ZP2J8w)" video.

Birdlady
11-08-2011, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. They are all really good ideas!!

The quote at the end was an afterthought because I felt it needed something. I was having a hard time finding anything good and ended up with that quote. I wanted to use "Let it not be said we did nothing", but it sounded awful and was not in the right tone as you said. I listened to about 2-3 hours worth of clips and couldn't find anything that I really liked as a closing comment. I'll probably just take it out and leave it unless something pops in my head here.

I was going back and forth on the homecoming clips. I didn't want to put words in those family's mouths. Maybe they like Romney, Obama, or Cain? Who am I to use their clips in my RP video. I still feel torn on it to be honest. If someone used a video of me in their Cain video, I'd be really upset about it. lol

As for the music, I thought that too. :) Another one of those things, where I second guessed myself. The ending of the song isn't that good though which is why I changed it. The quality of the voices where the "choir" joins in is very crappy and it sounds tinny,jarring. That's where I spliced the other song in. However, I can cut it up and figure out how to end it.

I'm shocked at the lack of response so far, which tells me there is zero enthusiasm behind this money bomb. Not good!! The campaign needs millions and I don't know if we are going to get it. My BTO video had 10k views within 2 days and this one is sitting at 56! :eek:

Sentinelrv
11-08-2011, 07:02 AM
I'm shocked at the lack of response so far, which tells me there is zero enthusiasm behind this money bomb. Not good!!

I think it's mainly due to this board. Nobody visits it. I would suggest posting it in Grassroots Central.

Birdlady
11-08-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm working on a new version right now. Once I get that done, I will make a post on the grassroots section. My God I am crying over here making this thing. :( If my husband walks in right now he's going to think I've lost it. haha

spudea
11-08-2011, 05:18 PM
thank you! I enjoyed it very much. Shared.

XTreat
11-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I thought it was beautiful, always room for improvement though and I can't wait to see your next one.

playboymommy
11-08-2011, 07:01 PM
+ rep - thanks for the time and effort making the vid!

Birdlady
11-08-2011, 08:23 PM
I will keep the "old" video up there unlisted, so the links work. However if you are going to share it, then just wait until I get the new one uploaded to Youtube. It won't be too much longer here. Once it is done, I will post it here and on the main board.

Thanks to WD-NY for the suggestions and thanks to everyone else for the kind words. :) I had never ever made videos before until BTO and now I'm hooked. haha I can't do the fancy effects because I only use imovie, but I still try to get the message out there.

Edit:
Ok it is updated now in the OP and here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChXYfLaJnj4

XTreat
11-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Damn you your gonna make me cry again.

IndianaPolitico
11-09-2011, 12:59 PM
+rep!

Be sure to spread this everywhere!

WD-NY
11-09-2011, 10:44 PM
beautiful work birdlady

I included it within the email that went out a few hours back to the entire BTO list so hopefully more people get an opportunity to see and share it.

http://eepurl.com/gYr0n

XTreat
11-09-2011, 10:56 PM
beautiful work birdlady

I included it within the email that went out a few hours back to the entire BTO list so hopefully more people get an opportunity to see and share it.

http://eepurl.com/gYr0n

I got the email +rep

Christelle
11-10-2011, 02:57 AM
Beautiful Work Birdlady, I cried... again :)