PDA

View Full Version : Messiah

enjerth
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I've heard it said before, but I shrugged it off as rhetoric that was meant to hurt us.

But today I realized just how true it is. Ron Paul has become to me a kind of messiah. I don't consider it a bad thing, except that it's come to the point that there's only one person I can put my faith in to run this country. I really am pinning my hopes on him, because long have I seen our current monetary policy as national suicide. We really are circling the drain as I write this. I consider it a small miracle that we have lasted this long.

Ron Paul is the man for this hour. I am greatly encouraged by the traction he's getting and how many, although yet a few, are receiving his message without reservation. I have a renewed hope, and the embodiment of that hope is Ron Paul.

Messiah:
1 capitalized a: the expected king and deliverer of the Jews b: Jesus
2: a professed or accepted leader of some hope or cause

Ron Paul is a messiah. Critics be damned. It's not that Ron Paul is some holy figure, it's just that the rest of the leaders are so damned rotten or completely oblivious to the great imminent danger we face.

Brinck Slattery
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Messiah is a pretty loaded term... I don't think the 2nd definition gets much usage.

Razmear
11-06-2007, 11:19 AM
"time and time again messiahs pointed to the door, but no one had the guts to leave the temple"

quote from a Who song in my head.

eb

enjerth
11-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Yes, I realize that. But it doesn't have to be such a loaded term, invoking religious imagery. It can just mean a solitary man with the answers for a troubled time.

Messiah is a pretty loaded term... I don't think the 2nd definition gets much usage.

Ra_
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
I often refer to him as a saviour.
He is that epic because almost all the rest of our leaders are so foul.

CJP
11-06-2007, 12:02 PM
A posted comment on the Baltimore Sun today:

It just dawned on me. Ron Paul is the 'Moses" of our day.

Consider...
-they both had humble beginnings.
-the both had prestigious careers.
-they both spent time in obscurity (Moses in the wilderness and Ron Paul in Congress).
-They both felt a higher calling to do something that they were somewhat reluctant to do.
-They both were not taken seriously by the powers of their day.
-They both had a tenacity and pit-bull attitude about getting the job done.
-Moses had his staff; Ron Paul the internet.

And both have the same theme:

"Let my people go".

Wake up America - the Red Sea awaits!

Meatwasp
11-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Ron Paul will kick the money changers out of the temple. You know who they are IRS.
Federal reserve

Marceline88
11-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Okay, I love the religious imagery....I will be called a crank pot by those who don't get it but oh well.

I feel that, and I've said this before here......that Christ is within, the Second Coming that evangelicals love to speak of will not be the coming of one man, it instead will be all of us recognizing our divinity. Christ returns as the Will of God through the People. And it will not just be RP who throws the money lenders out of the temple once again but us, by our will that they will be kicked out.

I think this is what makes RP supporters and the man himself seem so kooky to some......but I believe that the US Constitution was a divinely inspired document and not just a god-damned piece of paper. It deserves protection, respect and it deserves to be upheld.

There is no other government on earth that claims our birthrights as the Children of God like the US Constitution. Inalienable rights given to us by our Creator!!! Not the divine right of Kings but the divine rights of the PEOPLE.

Is Ron Paul messiah-like? Without question. Jesus Christ was a revolutionary way-shower, who changed the world with love and righteousness, PEACE and good will for all. Christ spoke truth to power, he was a healer, he was a man of faith in his Creator.

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do also."

I know that the overtly religious tones will be off setting to many....but atleast for ourselves, for those who feel this way too, we can claim the truth in our hearts. And know that in prayer we can give just as much to the cause of Freedom that Ron Paul is the champion of as we can in donations.

Don't give up, don't let the bastards get you down.....know that we can move mountains with our faith. Our cause is just, our cause is peace, our cause is liberty. Forgive the warmongers for their ignorance and concentrate on the victory that is at hand. Miracles will occur if you are ready for them.

Wacky Spirit Lovin' lady's rant over.

JenHarris
11-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Ron Paul is The One :)

Marceline88
11-06-2007, 01:22 PM
E Pluribus Unum

akalucas
11-06-2007, 01:28 PM
I see him as a latter day political prophet.