PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Reporting Ron Paul (Official Campaign) is behind Guy Fawkes Fundraiser

brumans
11-06-2007, 11:14 AM
They just had a small piece on this.. it was good, but they said
"Ron Paul motivated his supporters to donate by using Guy Fawkes..." etc.

Is there anyway we can contact them so they, and others, can get the story straight?

brumans
11-06-2007, 11:16 AM
They also say something similar on AOL:

"Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul displays the Midas touch, pulling in more than $3.5 million in 20 hours. How did he do it? He turned to the Internet with a pitch tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day."

They need to know this was ENTIRELY grassroots -- not affiliated with the official campaign!!

Craig_R
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
saw that, shamefull

jrich4rpaul
11-06-2007, 11:17 AM
The campaign definately needs to speak out against that publicly.

This was grassroots, and nothing more.

brumans
11-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I'm sure they will mention it tonight at 8.. I don't know if any press is going to be there.
But they need to do it SOONER because all the media attention is going to be TODAY --- before 8:00 PM!

VRP08
11-06-2007, 11:21 AM
It doesn't bother me! They will always find something "bad" they can report about. But this will not change anyone's mind! If anything, people will get to know RP better by reading up on him and his stand on the issues. We, the people know better.

brumans
11-06-2007, 11:23 AM
It doesn't bother me! They will always find something "bad" they can report about. But this will not change anyone's mind! If anything, people will get to know RP better by reading up on him and his stand on the issues. We, the people know better.

No... the only people that "know better" are some dedicated ron paul supporters who were a part of it... NOT the MILLIONS and MILLIONS that will see this news on TV, Magazines, Internet, etc.

parke
11-06-2007, 11:26 AM
Ive got an idea.. msnbc, hannity and Fox can suck a wet fart out of my..

michaelwise
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
I am calling for a complete and thorough investigation of this. Congressional hearings must be held on Ron Paul campaign financing. We've got to get to the bottom of this. How can he raise so much money, with very little offline TV coverage. How could this happen? This should be the number one political news story all over the TV media. Ron Paul campaign financing fraud. We need to get to the bottom of this folks.

matthylland
11-06-2007, 11:34 AM
emailed them both, others please do the same.

Ridiculous
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
"Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul displays the Midas touch, pulling in more than $3.5 million in 20 hours. How did he do it? He turned to the Internet with a pitch tied to the commemoration of Guy Fawkes Day."

I knew this shit was going to happen with Guy Fawkes/V for Vendetta :mad:

Mort
11-06-2007, 11:39 AM

Great. That's in the past now. No use stressing out over it. I agree with you. now we move on. We figure out a solution. Like the campaign should state it was a grassroots effort.

Craig_R
11-06-2007, 11:42 AM
This time it was better, however the one guy tried to claim there are only 37,000 supporters. I know thats a lie. Not every one of RP supporters donated yesterday.

he's got wayyyy more votes that that. He did say RP will be there for the long haul even after the early primaries :D

Craig_R
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM

oh no, we're doomed. :rolleyes:

MsDoodahs
11-06-2007, 11:44 AM
They just had another bit.

No mention of GF or V, just discussion of the impact of the fundraising.

That little pipsqueak of a man from Newsweek or NewsDay or something...Jonathan Alter I think it is...

He said Ron has about 30K contributers spread over 50 states. (How is he figuring that? There were 35000 contributers yesterday alone, and that isn't all of us because some of us are maxxed out already, and some of us don't have $ to donate with.)

Says Ron won't drop out. (He's right about that.)

Generally not bad press, more respect this time around in their tone and attitude IMO.

F3d
11-06-2007, 11:45 AM

Eli
11-06-2007, 11:49 AM
ron pauls campaign never sent out a press release stating otherwise, i don't blame msnbc at all for their misinformation. Sorry but today i'm so pissed off at the official campaign i'm about to go into a fit of rage.

michaelwise
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Our next money bomb day should be called, Mary Poppin's Fundraising Day. How would they spin that?

literatim
11-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Our next money bomb day should be called, Mary Poppin's Fundraising Day. How would they spin that?

Occult.

Brinck Slattery
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
haha we could have a whole series of dada fundraisers.

THIS IS NOT A PIPE! DONATE TODAY!

Fing Fang Zinkle Dorf. Have you spoon-fed your donation today?

jdmac44
11-06-2007, 11:52 AM
New York Times, print edition, did the same thing in their story, saying it was the campaign's idea. Page A 20.

BenIsForRon
11-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Just imagine if it were obama or edwards that raised 4 million in one day, it would be the biggest story all week on all the networks.

Someone mentioned having a rally outside the major news stations, I think that's definitely something we should consider. I live in NC, wouldn't be too hard to make it to to CNN in Atlanta. There would be tons of people around New York to rally at NBC's headquarters.

PINN4CL3
11-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Just imagine if it were obama or edwards that raised 4 million in one day, it would be the biggest story all week on all the networks.

Someone mentioned having a rally outside the major news stations, I think that's definitely something we should consider. I live in NC, wouldn't be too hard to make it to to CNN in Atlanta. There would be tons of people around New York to rally at NBC's headquarters.

Yeah, that's my point exactly. Rudy made a comment - a joke- at some private conference with what looked like maybe 50 people there, and he's been on all morning. They've replayed that Rudy joke at least a dozen times today on MSNBC alone. They brought people in to comment on it; to analyze it. It's unbelievable.

Can you imagine if it was Rudy who garnered the most donations from the military? Or can you imagine if it was Hillary who brought in some 21k new donors in a fundraising campaign? It's all these news outlets would be talking about. They'd be lining up the battle for general election.

For whatever reason, the MSM is sold on these national polls, and refuse to question their integrity. Instead of looking at what's actually happening on the ground, and questioning why this isn't reflecting in the polls, they trust in the polls first, and then are at a loss for an explanation as to what's happening on the ground.

Sherlock Holmes would be disappointed.

NinjaPirate
11-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Obama was on the front page of cnn.com when he raised ALMOST a million dollars in one day. Typical...

rockwell
11-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Oh gee whiz golly gosh, I will cross my fingers and throw pixie dust hoping that they will do the right thing and correct their erroneous report. They muste not have;

a) the right info

b) access to the Internet

c) checked their facts

d) the phone number to HQ

e) fill in the excuse blank

KILL YOUR TV.

STOP LISTENING TO THE MSM.

rockwell
11-06-2007, 12:46 PM
you guys- not everyone, just the msm whores- remind me of a chick who's been dumped and can't let it go.

They don't love you anymore.

Hello?

It's time to move on.