PDA

View Full Version : [video] Herman Cain Answer Fail At Houston Tea Party Patriots Pac "Debate"

Immortal Technique
11-05-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sngWRpzhcVU

Airing Date Nov.05, 2011

November 5, 2011 The Cain/Gingrich Lincoln-Douglas Debate
8pm ET on C-SPAN -- Live Stream
Location: The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center in Houston, Texas
Sponsor: Texas Tea Party Patriots PAC
Participants: Cain, Gingrich

low preference guy
11-05-2011, 08:17 PM
winging it!

zerosdontcount
11-05-2011, 08:20 PM
The Handover. This is where Cain hands over his campaign and supporters to Gingrich in one great big Koch Brothers conspiracy lol.

emazur
11-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I'll be honest, I also have no idea what the hell that question means

Bruno
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Wow. It was the Right of Return redeux. This man has no clue.

Since you are not running for POTUS, you get a pass where he should not.

Immortal Technique
11-05-2011, 08:27 PM

heres some info

http://www.heritage.org/research/reports/2011/04/how-to-transform-medicare-into-a-modern-premium-support-system

or Google "defined benefit plan or premium support"

AdamT
11-05-2011, 11:21 PM
Laughter from the audience, just wow. I think people actually love the fact Cain is clueless. They are clueless as well and can relate.

pauliticalfan
11-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Wow...

Cutlerzzz
11-05-2011, 11:29 PM
Am I the only who thought that was a poorly asked question? Cain should still have been able to have answered it, obviously.

low preference guy
11-05-2011, 11:31 PM
Am I the only who thought that was a poorly asked question? Cain should still have been able to have answered it, obviously.

a good way to wing it i think would've been to say that the government should stay out of it and that the market should decide those things. i don't know if this is a good answer because i don't know what the question means either.

Sola_Fide
11-05-2011, 11:32 PM
They could spin this as a good thing...like Cain is a regular person who is not a policy wonk.

Cutlerzzz
11-05-2011, 11:34 PM
They could spin this as a good thing...like Cain is a regular person who is not a policy wonk.Cain has no foreign policy as of yet and has listed no spending cuts (while asking for a balanced budget). He tells us that his advisors will take care of it.

Basically, he is just asking for people to vote for him for no given reason.

low preference guy
11-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Basically, he is just asking for people to vote for him for no given reason.

probably the way and the tone cain uses to ask the question close the deal.

marhlfld
11-06-2011, 12:30 AM
I am of the opinion that Cain was put up to pull support for Newt. Newt was so calm and laid back in the first several debates. I had a sneaky suspicion that he was biding time, because he was promised a role in top tier. Now suddenly he's up there... Cain is gonna step down soon, endorsing Newt, followers will do likewise. I predict the three standing will be Paul, Gingrich, Romney. If we even make it to primaries with out a total economic collapse in the next two months... it looks close though.

hazek
11-06-2011, 07:10 AM
I'd like to STOP and congratulate everyone for giving this event extra publicity with your views, click and creating this thread and in doing so helping the status quo media propaganda machine spread it's propaganda of pushing Gingrich next. How very cooperative of you.

Diurdi
11-06-2011, 07:40 AM
I'd like to STOP and congratulate everyone for giving this event extra publicity with your views, click and creating this thread and in doing so helping the status quo media propaganda machine spread it's propaganda of pushing Gingrich next. How very cooperative of you.
You're insane.

Anyway, he did the same "You take this one Newt" when it came to a social security question. So it wasn't an isolated incident.

brandon
11-06-2011, 08:12 AM

It wasn't even a question. It wasn't even a sentence. The guy just said "defined benefit plan or premium support" I have no clue what he's talking about but it sounds esoteric enough that I'm guessing the government shouldn't be the one figuring this out.

Bruno
11-06-2011, 08:16 AM
They could spin this as a good thing...like Cain is a regular person who is not a policy wonk.

Average Joe is just as qualified. Anyone of us could also say we will just have interviews and surround ourselves with smart people.

VBRonPaulFan
11-06-2011, 08:50 AM
It wasn't even a question. It wasn't even a sentence. The guy just said "defined benefit plan or premium support" I have no clue what he's talking about but it sounds esoteric enough that I'm guessing the government shouldn't be the one figuring this out.

anyone who has any sort of health insurance plan should know the difference between those two things... wow. that question specifically probably related to medicare.

angelatc
11-06-2011, 08:59 AM
I'd like to see a Newt / Paul debate. The comments I saw on other sites about this leads me to believe that other viewers came away with the perception that Newt is the only man who has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the facts.

brandon
11-06-2011, 09:07 AM
anyone who has any sort of health insurance plan should know the difference between those two things... wow. that question specifically probably related to medicare.

After looking it up it seems more like anyone who has had any type of government paid healthcare would know the difference. Not sure why someone working in the private sector would be familiar with "premium support"

VBRonPaulFan
11-06-2011, 09:09 AM
After looking it up it seems more like anyone who has had any type of government paid healthcare would know the difference. Not sure why someone working in the private sector would be familiar with "premium support"

i believe some private companies offer some very nice plans that are structured that way, especially union type jobs.

Tod
11-06-2011, 11:40 AM
Wow. It was the Right of Return redeux. This man has no clue.

Since you are not running for POTUS, you get a pass where he should not.

^this

You can see the gears whirring in Cain's head. What is he talking about, what is he talking about?

Right-of-return? Right-of-RETURN?!?

FreeTraveler
11-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Added to the Cain Gaffe Superthread -- all you need to debate his candidacy in one easy thread. Almost 20 items, dated and linked to source articles or videos.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?328303-Cain-Gaffes-SuperThread

Tod
11-06-2011, 11:44 AM

I don't have any understanding of the topic either, but my guess would be that the moderator is asking whether he believes government should tackle the problem from one end or the other: specify which benefits they cover and limit them to only those, meaning that certain procedures just aren't covered. OR, instead of specifying what benefits, they just allow a certain amount of payment for premiums and you are left to get whatever benefits you can get with that money.

I could be all wrong.

moderate libertarian
11-06-2011, 01:48 PM
What an idiot. How did Cain ever become a Federal Reserve office holder?

Knightskye
11-06-2011, 03:08 PM
I hope Paul signs up for one of these debates, and maybe they can modify the rules. Hot Air's Morrissey said "The debate didn’t really use a Lincoln-Douglas model, and we ended up hearing from the moderators far too much."

JackieDan
11-06-2011, 03:21 PM

Same here.

bluesc
11-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Same here.

And here, but I'm not running for president.

I'll bet if they threw that question at Ron, he could educate even the experts.

PastaRocket848
11-06-2011, 03:34 PM
A defined benefit plan is a pension system by which people who pay in are payed out base on their salary and tenure. They were suggesting applying the same methodology to Medicare recipients.

Premium support is where recipients could buy their own programs in a marketplace, the govt would essentially subsidize them.

Any serious presidential candidate should know this. It's a debate that been going on since the mid 90's.

PastaRocket848
11-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Double post. Forums acting all wonky for me...