PDA

View Full Version : Occupy the GOP!

progressiveforpaul
11-05-2011, 07:48 PM
You may want to make this one go viral on every liberal, progressive or democratic site you know of:

Occupy the GOP!

http://progressivesforronpaul.blogspot.com/2011/11/choices-for-progressives-1-occupy-gop.html

Revolution9
11-05-2011, 08:24 PM
Ron Paul is not a progressive. His economic policies, if enacted in full, would send our economy spiraling into the worst sort of permanent depression imaginable. However, his nomination would undo the corporate grip on the GOP and send them running, begging to be let into our Democratic Party.

Yeah. We want a load of unvarnished codswallop and balderdash being passed off on the grassroots such as the unmitigated tripe in the article. Do you really understand what is going on or is this some gambit pulled out of your lower fundament to undermine RP? We are already occupying the GOP and intend to occupy your dems with a bunch of reality based legislating. In fact we are drawing off dems who finally understand what that party is all about. The party of lawyers and the lawyers official corporate name is The Communist Lawyers Guild of America.

Rev9

Simple
11-06-2011, 01:45 AM
The progressive piece was ugly, but if they want to help get libertarians on the ticket then why not encourage that? It almost sounded like they'd support states' rights too.

progressiveforpaul
11-06-2011, 05:26 AM
Yeah. We want a load of unvarnished codswallop and balderdash being passed off on the grassroots such as the unmitigated tripe in the article. Do you really understand what is going on or is this some gambit pulled out of your lower fundament to undermine RP? We are already occupying the GOP and intend to occupy your dems with a bunch of reality based legislating. In fact we are drawing off dems who finally understand what that party is all about. The party of lawyers and the lawyers official corporate name is The Communist Lawyers Guild of America.

Rev9 Thanks for the reaction... I've toned down the line you mentioned. You have to understand, I am trying to break through to a group of people who feel that the main reason we continue in this depression is the obstructionism of the GOP. If I do not acknowledge the emotive, they will not listen. So speaking of reality based, how do you expect to enact any legislation without first building a coalition. 2016 is the year we can swing at each other. But if we don't agree to live together these next 5 years, we will both be homeless and Romney intends to expand, not contract the role of government in the economy. I realize you hoping for total victory but read this again after the SC primary. I want sound so bad then.

progressiveforpaul
11-06-2011, 05:28 AM
The progressive piece was ugly, but if they want to help get libertarians on the ticket then why not encourage that? It almost sounded like they'd support states' rights too.

Simple, you have hit upon why this deal ought to look good to libertarians, it focuses economic initiative away from Washington and puts it back on the states, giving them the right and the means to determine economic policy.

pcosmar
11-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks for the reaction... I've toned down the line you mentioned. You have to understand, I am trying to break through to a group of people who feel that the main reason we continue in this depression is the obstructionism of the GOP. .
Then educate them. Do not perpetuate the lie.
IT is BOTH Parties,, Equally responsible. Both parties have been run by the same people for decades. The false left/right is one of their tools.
It is not republican or democrat policies that have destroyed the economy. It is the monetary policies and regulations put in place, and has been done by both.
Ron Paul will not usher in economic hardship. That is a done deal.
Dr. Paul is offering a way out of that. A road to recovery.

Revolution9
11-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reaction... I've toned down the line you mentioned. You have to understand, I am trying to break through to a group of people who feel that the main reason we continue in this depression is the obstructionism of the GOP. If I do not acknowledge the emotive, they will not listen. So speaking of reality based, how do you expect to enact any legislation without first building a coalition. 2016 is the year we can swing at each other. But if we don't agree to live together these next 5 years, we will both be homeless and Romney intends to expand, not contract the role of government in the economy. I realize you hoping for total victory but read this again after the SC primary. I want sound so bad then.

It will always suck. I am a man of principle and do not waiver because the winds blew a fart in my direction. You seem to think yer dealing with a bunch of wishy washy pantywaists and not some serious and convicted warriors against the old order. You are a perpetuator of that said old order. Wake up or die. That is your two choices. Not dem or repub. Becoming libertarian or catering to them is not waking up either.

Rev9

donnay
11-06-2011, 08:15 AM
Then educate them. Do not perpetuate the lie.
IT is BOTH Parties,, Equally responsible. Both parties have been run by the same people for decades. The false left/right is one of their tools.
It is not republican or democrat policies that have destroyed the economy. It is the monetary policies and regulations put in place, and has been done by both.
Ron Paul will not usher in economic hardship. That is a done deal.
Dr. Paul is offering a way out of that. A road to recovery.

That's why American needs a doctor! Dr. Paul is the only man with a prognosis and a healthy cure for America!

progressiveforpaul
11-06-2011, 09:12 PM
It will always suck. I am a man of principle and do not waiver because the winds blew a fart in my direction. You seem to think yer dealing with a bunch of wishy washy pantywaists and not some serious and convicted warriors against the old order. You are a perpetuator of that said old order. Wake up or die. That is your two choices. Not dem or repub. Becoming libertarian or catering to them is not waking up either.

Rev9

Rev9: You may be totally right about policy but you are way off about how to actually get something done. You are essentially saying that you would rather Mitt Romney or Barack Obama be president and government grow larger than to elect Ron Paul president as a part of a temporary 4 year coalition government with progressives that results in less government spending, lower taxes for the vast majority of Americans, restored civil liberties, foreign interventions and occupations ended and an economy on the mend with libertarians being given credit for getting it done. Does a successful warrior sacrifice alliances because he can't get an immediate total victory? Do you really want to stay on 0 when you could get to 6 on your way to 10?