PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul @ Reagan Dinner

No Free Beer
11-05-2011, 09:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iC_D6p1N-cY

CJLauderdale4
11-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Hit all the main points...got applause on all of them, unlike 4 years ago. Lookin' strong!!

No Free Beer
11-05-2011, 09:13 AM
They still don't seem interested...

trey4sports
11-05-2011, 09:15 AM
They still don't seem interested...

it was a great speech though. That's all we can ask for. Let the chips fall where they may.

AdamT
11-05-2011, 09:42 AM
WTF those people looked half asleep! Freaking drones.

rp713
11-05-2011, 09:51 AM
to be fair, they looked like that with everyone. except newt at the end.

No Free Beer
11-05-2011, 10:19 AM
oh well, let people line up!

FSP-Rebel
11-05-2011, 10:41 AM
WTF those people looked half asleep! Freaking drones.
Well, to be fair, my grandparents and even my folks tend to not be so chipper at that time of the day. They seemed receptive and even applauded bringing the troops home, not sure what else we should expect from them. I thought it went rather well and that's w/o wearing rose-colored glasses.

PastaRocket848
11-05-2011, 10:57 AM
it was ok. ron was a bit off of his game. lots of "ummmmm uhhhhhh" moments. he needs to work on that before the next round of debates. all in all i'd call it a net positive. certainly a far better reception than 4 years ago.

BUSHLIED
11-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Seems to me that he is probably speaking to the 1%. That has been my sense all along...the the establishment gop people are those that live off of the government and/or benefit from gov. policies...they are rich people...while they cheer him in theory, in application they don't want what he is talking about....

Shane Harris
11-05-2011, 11:47 AM
nice intro by rand. that really helps. he is so popular. we need rand to always introduce ron and back him up.

Bruno
11-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Calling Senator Grassley's office on Monday to tell him I thought it was tude and uncalled for to have his back turned during Paul's speech and to not applaud. Poor representation for out state to treat anyone that way, let alone a fellow Republican.

HOLLYWOOD
11-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Calling Senator Grassley's office on Monday to tell him I thought it was tude and uncalled for to have his back turned during Paul's speech and to not applaud. Poor representation for out state to treat anyone that way, let alone a fellow Republican. When C-SPAN panned to Chuck Grassley during Ron's speech, frankly I thought the US Senator was sleeping. Grassley must of had a Michael Reagan moment... you know... being an inner circle party asshole.

djruden
11-05-2011, 02:05 PM
As someone that was there this is my perspective. I was sitting at a table next to grassleys, he really got a bad seat. The dinner was served while candidates spoke so most people didn't turn around during the speeches. And Ron had a tough spot since he was the first candidate that spoke. The energy sort of perked up after people ate and had a few drinks which is why Newt got the biggest pops at the end.

I think it said a lot that 2 other candidates dropped Ron Paul's name at the event. There were a lot of ppl wearing Paul buttons and showing support in the audience (maybe moreso than any other candidate). It was also noticable which candidates read their speech off a piece of paper like Perry and senator Grassley, and guys like Ron that speak from the heart and know what they say.