PDA

View Full Version : CPS Seizes Baby From ‘Occupy Dallas’ Site (Child Kidnappers!!)

donnay
11-05-2011, 08:41 AM
CPS Seizes Baby From ‘Occupy Dallas’ Site
By Bud Gillett & Jack Fink, CBS 11 News

DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - A homeless family living at the ‘Occupy Dallas’ camp said that they will find a new place to stay in order to keep their baby. CBS 11 News was on the scene as officers with the Dallas Police Department and Child Protective Services took custody of the 9-month-old boy on Thursday afternoon.

Brian and Cathy Carpich said that they met with CPS and were told that the camp was, in their words, an unhealthy living environment. The couple cannot get their boy, Zachariah, back until their living situation improves.

There were plenty of tears coming from the family after they returned from a meeting with a woman who they called their CPS caseworker. “It’s not against the law,” pleaded Brian Carpich. “We’ve not broken any laws.”

The meeting started a few hours earlier, after police – who assisted CPS agents – took the small boy away from his parents. Police explained that they were acting on an “open child welfare case” dating back to September, but that a call from within the downtown Dallas camp prompted Thursday’s actions. “The complaint was a child in the encampment that was pretty much screaming and crying all night, and folks were concerned about it,” said Lt. Anthon Williams with the Dallas Police Department.

“My wife and baby get clothed every day,” Brian Carpich continued to argue.

Carpich acknowledged having a criminal history, but contended that his son had all of the essential diapers and necessities, and that their tent even received heat. Still, the parents unwillingly turned Zachariah over to authorities. After meeting with CPS, they returned to the camp without their son.

“We’re already in a program for housing,” explained Carpich. “They’ve basically screwed up, because the child was part of us getting housing, which we’ve been waiting for since March.”

The family’s problems have created another concern for the ‘Occupy Dallas’ organizers. CBS 11 News has learned that the campers are so unhappy with their current conditions that organizers are planning to temporarily move the protest in hopes that local homeless and squatters will leave the movement. “We’ve had a large amount of unsavory elements which have gotten plenty of media coverage,” said protest organizer Reagan Clark. “Just made people feel unsafe.”

Police had already arrested a man – a registered sex offender – who had been accused of sexually assaulting a minor.

Officers from the Dallas Police Department met with ‘Occupy Dallas’ campers Thursday night to help build cooperation and prevent further problems. Chaplins and social service workers also went tent-to-tent to ensure the safety of any children living in the camp.

Reagan explained that camp organizers are planning to select peacekeepers – who have passed background checks – to help secure the campsite. The ‘Occupy Dallas’ campers have already been living in downtown for nearly a month.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2011/11/04/cps-seizes-baby-from-occupy-dallas-site/

Stories like this boil my blood!! Parents in America have no rights...and to rip a baby away from his parents simply because they have fallen on hard times is inexcusable!

AGRP
11-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Without CPS:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/christmas-trivia-7.jpg

acptulsa
11-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Hm. My folks took the family camping on vacation when I was almost that young. Back then, if the government tried to rip a child away from his parents because they took the baby camping it would have caused a riot...

donnay
11-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Without CPS:

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/christmas-trivia-7.jpg

+rep!

donnay
11-05-2011, 09:18 AM
Hm. My folks took the family camping on vacation when I was almost that young. Back then, if the government tried to rip a child away from his parents because they took the baby camping it would have caused a riot...

Everyone needs to watch or read the classic John Steinbeck's, Grapes of Wrath!! This country is repeating this history!!

"And the great owners, who must lose their land in an upheaval, the great owners with access to history, with eyes to read history and to know the great fact: when property accumulates in too few hands it is taken away. And that companion fact: when a majority of the people are hungry and cold they will take by force what they need. And the little screaming fact that sounds through all history: repression works only to strengthen and knit the repressed."
- John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath, Chapter 19

"Whenever they's a fight so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there... I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they raise an' live in the houses they build-why, I'll be there." - John Steinbeck, The Grapes of Wrath, Chapter 28

Created4
11-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I've talked about this before. CPS has to abduct more children to receive federal funding through the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA). So the definition of "abuse" has been greatly expanded so they can get their quota of children. More here:
http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/child-abuse-laws-legally-abducting-children-by-broadening-the-definition-of-child-abuse/

specsaregood
11-05-2011, 09:56 AM
//

donnay
11-05-2011, 09:58 AM
I've talked about this before. CPS has to abduct more children to receive federal funding through the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA). So the definition of "abuse" has been greatly expanded so they can get their quota of children. More here:
http://healthimpactnews.com/2011/child-abuse-laws-legally-abducting-children-by-broadening-the-definition-of-child-abuse/

This agency needs to go away!!

Yet they do not think it is abuse to take children from a loving family, and then when the child does not comply with them they drug the child with psychotropic drugs!! I have nothing but contempt for this agency and their practices!!! :mad:

pcosmar
11-05-2011, 10:00 AM
Seems it is being used as a political weapon.
Remember the Oathkeeper kid that was snatched a while back?

They did the same with july4patriot,,

Anything but blind obedience to the system is not acceptable.

donnay
11-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Did your family go on an extended camping trip in the downtown area of a major metropolitan city? It doesn't sound like this family is camping; but rather living there. Let's not compare apples to cains.

Still, these folks should have asked the family if the kid was ok rather than calling out CPS...or maybe they did who knows with these types of stories.

The state has no right whatsoever to rip a child from loving parents--none! If they gave a shit, they would have removed the entire family to try and help them, but they don't. Ultimately it is about power and control over the people!!

Philhelm
11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
The state has no right whatsoever to rip a child from loving parents--none! If they gave a shit, they would have removed the entire family to try and help them, but they don't. Ultimately it is about power and control over the people!!

^A thousand times this. This is what it boils down to; if they truly cared about the child's welfare then they'd find a way to keep the family intact. The enemy we face is pure evil.

Anti Federalist
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM

Yes, that!

asurfaholic
11-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Another abduction by the state comes and goes.