PDA

View Full Version : Remember, remember the 5th of November

runamuck
11-05-2011, 06:38 AM
What's the game plan?

Carehn
11-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Pull your money out of the banks and markets and go find yourself a nice credit union.

BuddyRey
11-05-2011, 06:43 AM
My local Libertarian Party is arranging a sign-wave for Ron Paul. Looks like I finally have occasion to wear my Guy Fawkes mask in public.

runamuck
11-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Pull your money out of the banks and markets and go find yourself a nice credit union.

I did that 10 years ago :-)

PastaRocket848
11-05-2011, 10:40 AM
i have a credit union, but frankly their services are so far behind those of the big banks it's not worth it to me to have my checking with them. i use them for auto loans basically.

it's a matter of cost/benefit. the bank doesn't care about my money. my bank account totals (savings and checking) are barely over $100k. if i were a large corporation, it could actually put a dent, but they're not sweating little-old-me. it's like boycotting wal-mart. they don't hurt a bit if you don't buy their products... but you do... a lot. you pay more for everything to "make a point" that never gets made.

my credit union doesn't even offer debit cards.

JamesButabi
11-05-2011, 10:41 AM
i have a credit union, but frankly their services are so far behind those of the big banks it's not worth it to me to have my checking with them. i use them for auto loans basically.

Take a gander at other credit unions. My credit union exceeds the services of BOA and Citizens.

PastaRocket848
11-05-2011, 10:45 AM
i've thought about it... but it's a personal thing. i have close family ties with the union i am a part of. they've done me good.. i wouldn't want to leave them totally. i should, probably, look at a separate union for checking though. i doubt they'd even find out ;).

kojirodensetsu
11-05-2011, 12:07 PM
Wave signs. Donate to Ron Paul (although be sure to donate on the 11th also).

Karsten
11-05-2011, 12:13 PM
I honestly forgot it was today.
How ironic.

Maximus
11-05-2011, 12:29 PM

it's a matter of cost/benefit. the bank doesn't care about my money. my bank account totals (savings and checking) are barely over $100k. if i were a large corporation, it could actually put a dent, but they're not sweating little-old-me. it's like boycotting wal-mart. they don't hurt a bit if you don't buy their products... but you do... a lot. you pay more for everything to "make a point" that never gets made.

my credit union doesn't even offer debit cards.

I have a credit and debit card with my credit union, are there others in your area?

jkr
11-05-2011, 12:44 PM
...how bout we express ourselves 12-16?

ForLiberty2012
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM
I have USAA... they have been good to me and didn't contribute to the sub prime mortgage problem... I'll keep my money with them :)

And they set the standard for customer service... across the board.

John F Kennedy III
11-05-2011, 02:02 PM
What's the game plan?

To get Ron Paul elected and not do a single thing that would damage his campaign.

PaulConventionWV
11-05-2011, 02:02 PM
What's the game plan?

RileyE104
11-05-2011, 02:46 PM
CHIP IN to the "Our Troops $upport Paul" billboard located at the top of this forum... They only need $310 more... Go here to chip-in: https://secure.piryx.com/donate/QPcHR9oV/The-American-Liberty-Coalition-PAC/supportthemnow

rp713
11-05-2011, 03:29 PM
i keep my savings at a credit union. and keep enough cash for bills and a lil spending money in my wells fargo account.

dusman
11-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I have USAA... they have been good to me and didn't contribute to the sub prime mortgage problem... I'll keep my money with them :)

And they set the standard for customer service... across the board.

I really miss USAA. Everything you just said is absolutely true.