PDA

View Full Version : 1,000 expected at tonight’s Reagan dinner – and the first attendee is reading her Bible

sailingaway
11-04-2011, 07:28 PM
The first attendee seated at a table tonight at the Iowa GOP’s Reagan dinner was Katie, a young woman from western Iowa who said she came to hear presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Before the doors officially opened for the big fundraising dinner at 6 p.m., she sat alone at a table reading from a small Gideon Bible and a copy of the U.S. Constitution. Rubber bracelets printed with the name of the website Infowars.com circled her wrists.

“I want to see politics in action live,” said Katie, who declined to share her last name. “And to be quite honest, I want to meet Ron Paul in person.”

She said she was taken by Paul’s fiscal viewpoints and his consistent record of fidelity to the Constitution — “which is more than any neocon or RINO (Republican in name only) in Congress, or Democrat for that matter, can say,” she said.

more at link

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/11/04/1000-expected-at-tonights-reagan-dinner-and-the-first-is-reading-her-bible/

Bruno
11-04-2011, 07:33 PM
That's a great write up! Give the local press the hits!

sailingaway
11-04-2011, 07:43 PM
I liked it also. We are lucky the first person when a press deadline came was one of ours, and reading a Bible, at that...

bluesc
11-04-2011, 07:45 PM
I liked it also. We are lucky the first person when a press deadline came was one of ours, and reading a Bible, at that...

Absolutely. Any Iowans reading will start to change their minds about RP supporters after reading that. Even I did.