PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain "I'm A Koch Brother From Another Mother."

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-04-2011, 01:13 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/clareoconnor/2011/11/04/herman-cain-im-a-koch-brother-from-another-mother/

Cain is a huge embarassment.

bluesc
11-04-2011, 01:16 PM
What an idiot. Is this how he will handle conspiracies in the White House?

jkr
11-04-2011, 01:19 PM
embarrassing

Aratus
11-04-2011, 01:27 PM
he's a classic wiseacre funnin' on how close his ties are to the two bros!

MJU1983
11-04-2011, 01:34 PM
He's taking advice from Jack Ryan in the movie Clear and Present Danger.

rambone
11-04-2011, 01:44 PM
What's the dirt on the Koch Brothers? What are the conspiracies, the evil ties, whatever? I feel in the dark on them.

low preference guy
11-04-2011, 01:48 PM
neocons are cheering cain's answer

heavenlyboy34
11-04-2011, 01:50 PM
I almost thought this was satire when I saw the title. /facepalm @ Cain I'm embarrassed for him.

heavenlyboy34
11-04-2011, 01:55 PM
What's the dirt on the Koch Brothers? What are the conspiracies, the evil ties, whatever? I feel in the dark on them.
(http://mises.org/journals/scholar/Powell2.pdf)Economics in Defense of Liberty: the Contribution of (http://mises.org/journals/scholar/Powell2.pdf)
Murray Rothbard (http://mises.org/journals/scholar/Powell2.pdf)
An important source of support during the 1970’s was from the Koch brothers
from Wichita, Kansas. The young Koch’s had been influenced by Western libertarians
including Robert Lefevre and with good fortune eventually met Murray Rothbard. The
Kochs became very supportive of Rothbard and libertarian causes in general; a 1980
Mother Jones article called Charles Koch, “the Friedrich Engels of Libertarianism.”
Koch’s funding of scholars such as Rothbard undoubtedly increased the volume of
libertarian scholarship produced. Rothbard, unlike some careerists who take money and
write material with little or no connection to libertarianism, or who take money for work
that never results in publication, Rothbard used the resources to write and publish about
libertarianism without delay.

eta: The Kochs also fund groups like Cato Institute and the Tea Party.

Keith and stuff
11-04-2011, 02:27 PM

They designed a system to steal and cheat and break government rules and regulations over and over again to make more profits. Well, that's what leftists and Bloomberg claim. All I personally know about them is that they helped pay for some of my friends to work at Washington based pro-liberty non-profits.

low preference guy
11-04-2011, 02:29 PM
They donated to Trey Grayson, Rand Paul's primary opponent. They used to hate Ron Paul until he became so big that they couldn't say they were libertarians anymore if they kept attacking him, so they stopped, it seems.

ctiger2
11-04-2011, 03:20 PM

Simply put, the Koch's are fascists disguised as libertarians.

11-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Cain admits he's a shill to thunderous applause. Never have I seen anything like this guy. What the hell is going on in this country? Is this what it was was like in Germany in the 30's?

MJU1983
11-04-2011, 03:55 PM
Cain admits he's a shill to thunderous applause. Never have I seen anything like this guy. What the hell is going on in this country? Is this what it was was like in Germany in the 30's?

There was a recent History Channel special on the rise/fall of the Third Reich. Eery similarities.

heavenlyboy34
11-04-2011, 04:00 PM
This^^ Best description of them I've seen/heard.

rambone
11-04-2011, 10:40 PM

I'm listening. Why does everybody call them libertarians? Sounds like they are basically Corporatists? Can you tell me anything specific I can use in conversation?

I can't share this Cain article if its going to make Cain sound like he's getting a libertarian endorsement.

Fermli
11-05-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm listening. Why does everybody call them libertarians? Sounds like they are basically Corporatists? Can you tell me anything specific I can use in conversation?

I can't share this Cain article if its going to make Cain sound like he's getting a libertarian endorsement.

libertarian is becoming as overused as the term "tea party"

don't sweat it.

KingRobbStark
11-05-2011, 01:58 AM
Quick. Someone slap him.

Aratus
11-05-2011, 04:23 PM
They designed a system to steal and cheat and break government rules and regulations over and over again to make more profits. Well, that's what leftists and Bloomberg claim. All I personally know about them is that they helped pay for some of my friends to work at Washington based pro-liberty non-profits.

colorful characters

rambone
11-05-2011, 10:50 PM

I'm still hoping for some more info. I want to share this story but right now I can't express why the Koch's are bad.