PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul wins again against Inflexible Democrats

AuH20
11-04-2011, 11:31 AM
They keep making themselves look foolish when they oppose his common sense solutions.

http://www.louisville.com/content/democrats-kill-rand-paul%E2%80%99s-plan-finance-bridges-arena

Brett85
11-04-2011, 02:48 PM
They keep making themselves look foolish when they oppose his common sense solutions.

http://www.louisville.com/content/democrats-kill-rand-paul%E2%80%99s-plan-finance-bridges-arena

The sad part about this is that there were also nine RINO Republicans who also voted against this common sense amendment.

Sola_Fide
11-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Notice how McConnell is such a follower?

Sunstruck-Eden
11-04-2011, 03:15 PM
Gosh, Rand is trying to make our country freakin' work and then the Senate goes and does this crap?

Also, one of the commenters said this is a "bailout for infrastruture." Please, he's trying to use the money that would go towards "beautification" (if you can call it that) and place it where it is needed. Some people are so blind.

jmdrake
11-04-2011, 03:19 PM
But...but...but....that would but the turtle tunnelers out of a job.....

Offsetting the cost of these projects by eliminating transportation enhancement funds used for beautification projects - such as movie theaters, squirrel sanctuaries, turtle tunnels and flower beds - will create nearly $700 million for the Highway Bridge Program. The amendment failed, 38-60; with not a single Democrat voting in favor of it.

(Note I'm being sarcastic. The federal government isn't supposed to be a jobs program. Just don't tell that Jesse Jackson Jr.)

Edit: Wow! I just now noticed Mitch said something nice about Rand!

Asked to comment on Senator Rand Paul’s amendment, Kentucky’s senior senator, U.S. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell remarked: "I am disappointed that Senate Democrats failed to recognize the importance of Sen. Paul’s legislation to the people of Kentucky. This legislation was an innovative way to address our transportation infrastructure in Kentucky, and would have enabled us to repair our bridges and roads without adding to our deficit. Kentuckians are tired of financing every turtle tunnel and solar panel company, rather than using the funds to repair our bridges and roads.”

specsaregood
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Well, perhaps it is time for KY to seize the bridge and put a toll on it.

Keith and stuff
11-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Excellent work by Rand Paul. I love his creative solution to a tough problem.

Keith and stuff
11-04-2011, 03:26 PM
The sad part about this is that there were also nine RINO Republicans who also voted against this common sense amendment.

Lots of Republicans want money spent on beautification. It's common of a lot of Republicans in suburban areas. The small cities where I see the most waste on beautification projects generally lean heavily Republican. I admit that my experience is limited.

I'm talking about islands in the middle of roads with trees and flowers, seasonal lights, banners, flags, signs, fancy parks, horses, statues, big fireworks displays, massive community centers and so on.