PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC article linking OWS with violent agenda through "V" imagery. Sound familiar?

gjdavis60
11-04-2011, 10:46 AM
The MSM is trying to link the themes of "V for Vendetta" and Guy Fawkes to the OWS movement because of the presence of the "V" masks. I remember when they did the same thing with the 11/5/2007 money bomb. The media doesn't need any new tricks because the people keep falling for the old ones.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45162958/ns/us_news-life/#.TrQU2_QUq7s

fisharmor
11-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Then came the comic book, a nihilistic story set in a futuristic England. And the movie. People began thinking of him as a libertarian or even anarchist hero.

Yeah, only "futuristic" 30 years ago means.... today.
The purpose of works like this isn't to make us guard ourselves so that we don't turn into it.
It's to get us to recognize the elements of our own society which resemble the society in the story.
Science fiction doesn't talk about the future, it talks about the present.

Endgame
11-04-2011, 11:27 AM
The comic book was the shit!

The movie was just lukewarm American PC liberal blah.

I hope it's at least motivated a lot of people to read the comic book.

Aratus
11-04-2011, 01:11 PM
my O my!

turbobrain9
11-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah and they are using the word "anarchist" in reference to violence in Oakland. I did see someone waving the gadstan flag while standing on top of the area where the fire was set....

pcosmar
11-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Violent Agenda??

WTF?

None of those folks are promoting Invasions of countries that have never attacked us.
None are praising the Drone strikes against civilians.

None of them favor an Army of police being used against the American people.

http://www.police-state.net/policestate.jpg

Who the fuck has a violent agenda?

Now a violent response,,, Perhaps.

BlackTerrel
11-04-2011, 07:23 PM
The MSM is trying to link the themes of "V for Vendetta" and Guy Fawkes to the OWS movement because of the presence of the "V" masks.

That's like saying they're trying to link them to horses because of the presence of horses.

Also not sure this is a negative articles and most of the OWS coverage I've seen is positive. Here's the first quote about the masks in your article:

"They're very meaningful masks," said Alexandra Ricciardelli, who was rolling cigarettes on a table outside her tent in New York's Zuccotti Park two days before the anniversary of Fawkes' failed bombing attempt.

"It's not about bombing anything; it's about being anonymous — and peaceful."

Wow they're really demonizing those folks...