PDA

View Full Version : Nobody is mentioning that the $4.2 raised does NOT include corporate donations!

RCA
11-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Sure, the $4.2 isn't the world record for one day of fund-raising, but it HAS to be the world record for contributions made NOT by corporations in a single day.

:rolleyes:

AceNZ
11-06-2007, 10:32 AM
They also don't mention that it was entirely a grass roots effort. That must also be another record.

RCA
11-06-2007, 10:35 AM
Good point.

Brinck Slattery
11-06-2007, 10:38 AM
most also haven't mentioned that the numbers are real... etc. etc. It would be nice to get the proper wording out in a press release, something along the lines of:

Not only did Dr. Paul raise more money on a single day than any other primary candidate in history, but he also had the largest number of new donors in a single day, etc. etc. the average donation size was x.

RonPaulCult
11-06-2007, 10:56 AM
FOR REAL!!!!

I wonder what the record is when you don't include the coroporations. I bet it's like a million or so

Green Mountain Boy
11-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Coporations can't donate.

dircha
11-06-2007, 11:06 AM
FOR REAL!!!!

I wonder what the record is when you don't include the coroporations. I bet it's like a million or so

Federal election laws prohibit corporate contributions.

The most a corporation can do is things like sending an email out to employees suggesting they should contribute, or setup a PAC. But again, all donations to a federal PAC are from individuals too.