PDA

View Full Version : Why Seniors should support Ron Paul

Rudeman
11-04-2011, 03:38 AM
We know that Ron Paul struggles with Seniors. So why should seniors support Ron Paul?

To win this election we will need to win this voting block to our side. So maybe this can be sort of a brainstorming thing.

The most important point to get across is:

Ron Paul is the only Presidential candidate that has proposed a budget that will balance within his first term as president without cutting SS/Medicare and without raising taxes.

No other candidate is willing to do that, even Obama and the democrats are willing to sell seniors down the river.

What else do you guys think will be effective? Maybe if we can come up with enough we could make some sort of flyer or some other sort of advertising that could work in a state like Florida.

enoch150
11-04-2011, 03:49 AM
It's a good idea. The 45-65 group is twice as large as the 65+, though. They're the ones that win elections.

Rudeman
11-04-2011, 03:53 AM
I'd imagine that group would care about their benefits as well. So maybe this should be expanded beyond just Seniors to also include the middle aged or those approaching retirement as well.

CaptUSA
11-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Sorry, guys. Looking at "seniors" as a "voting bloc" is very a collectivist way of looking at people. I'm telling you that from talking to seniors, they are all over the board politically. Imagine that... they are individuals just like everyone else. The major difference is the level of access in this age group. Since there is a lower level of internet usage amongst the folks in this group, they don't get their information the same way younger people do.

It's an access issue - not a message issue. Don't think older people just care about their benefits. That may be true for some, but many of them actually care about the fate of the country just like you and me.

This is why it is important to engage the older generations one on one. Go talk to them.

harikaried
11-04-2011, 08:56 AM
This is why it is important to engage the older generations one on one. Go talk to them.Where have you been talking to seniors? Some people have shown For Liberty at retirement centers and stayed to give Q&A to discuss.

CaptUSA
11-04-2011, 09:04 AM
Where have you been talking to seniors? Some people have shown For Liberty at retirement centers and stayed to give Q&A to discuss.My grandmother lives in a retirement community. They have little gatherings at their homes all the time. Half the time I visit, she has others over. Each visit with my grandmother, we usually spend at least a little time discussing the news. Some days we talk politics more than others. A couple of weeks ago, there was a small party with probably 8 or 10 people hanging out and we discussed politics for quite a while.