PDA

View Full Version : Remember that French Politician who wanted an interivew with Ron Paul?

CaptainAmerica
11-04-2011, 03:01 AM
STALKER ALERT! France's Far-Right Diva Barges Into Ron Paul's Office

Marine Le Pen, the far-right French presidential candidate sprinted through Washington today trying to meet American politicians that desperately wanted to avoid her.

Le Pen has been dragging her National Front Party from the fringe of French politics closer to the mainstream. A conservative and nationalist, Le Pen has been critical of immigration, European integration, and economic liberalization - making it impossible to categorize her in American politics. So of course she wanted to meet Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

Paul's office tried to cancel their meeting citing "scheduling conflicts." Le Pen blamed the French media for sabotaging her visit. But the intrepid Le Pen wasn't deterred. She was going to discuss the gold standard with Ron Paul whether he wanted to or not. So she barged into his office. Roll Call has the details:

With Paul on the floor voting, Le Pen hunkered down for 50 minutes in his office, and a tight-faced Paul eventually pushed his way through the reporters, staring straight ahead as he was asked repeatedly why he was meeting with the controversial leader.

Following the meeting — alternately described as "quick" by Miller and "very interesting; we spoke at length" by Le Pen — Le Pen praised Paul, and her own National Front, on their economic policies.

Very interesting indeed! The French politician wanted to discuss the gold standard with Paul.

Le Pen plans to visit the Holocaust Memorial during her Washington trip, another public relations signal that she is changing the National Front's image.

If you are in Washington you can recognize her by the swarm of disapproving and obsessed French media personnel surrounding her at all times.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/stalker-alert-frances-far-right-diva-barges-into-ron-pauls-office-2011-11#ixzz1cj2cKLK5

kind of a strange story

RonwasRight
11-04-2011, 06:41 AM
kind of surprised the MSM hasn't used this more.

evadmurd
11-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Who else better to discuss the gold standard with?

fisharmor
11-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Nice to know the good Dr is also not the only guy who only has the most unflattering photos used.

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4eb2d5e9ecad046363000025/marine-le-pen.png

Revolution9
11-04-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice to know the good Dr is also not the only guy who only has the most unflattering photos used.

http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4eb2d5e9ecad046363000025/marine-le-pen.png

I didn't know the iPhone had an iLighter app! Unflattering photo? The Marquis de Mossad is unflattering in any light or situation.

Rev9

Feelgood
11-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Maybe he can say she sexually harassed him, and get some media time? :)

vita3
11-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Ron is on the House of Reps Committe for foreign affairs

Carson
11-04-2011, 08:25 AM

Looks okay by me.

sailingaway
11-04-2011, 08:37 AM
Ron was clearly sick yesterday, you can tell from his 'Morning Joe' performance. And since the meeting had been planned two primaries and two debates were moved up, shortening his time to campaign before the primaries, and he had that major 'push the supercommittee' letter being issued yesterday. I'm sure he cancelled because he was too busy, not for any other reason, He had said in the first place it would depend on his schedule. I'd have liked him to get some rest, but I understand the meeting only took 5 minutes.

Ron will TALK to anybody. As angelattc says, 'it is a feature, not a flaw'. And they have a very similar position on world banks as I understand it. I wouldn't have cared if he hadn't been able to speak to her from day one, but I'm sure he didn't 'cancel' due to media pressure. He's had media pressure before. I expect he squeezed in 5 minutes because she was there, and the media circus hounding her pissed him off.

Zatch
11-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Le Pen's chilly reception from Congress is an interesting contrast to Dutch politician Geert Wilders' reception in D.C. in 2009. Wilders' visit was sponsored by Sen. Jon Kyl and he was invited to screen his controversial film Fitna for Republican lawmakers. If anything, one would think that Le Pen, who has attempted to shift the Front toward the mainstream and toned down the inflammatory rhetoric, would be less toxic than Wilders, who wears his anti-Islamic beliefs on his sleeve.

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/11/03/marine_le_pens_awkward_day_on_capitol_hill