PDA

View Full Version : A bit early...but an idea for a money bomb.

itssimplyjeff
11-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi, I'm new here, a marketing major in college and first time supporter of a GOP candidate.

Anyway, getting to the point, I know it is a bit early [especially so soon after BTO/ and STM coming up], but I was thinking about this. The GOP is already afraid that they are going to lose a chunk of their voters due to this "No one but Paul" mentality. How about we show them that those fears are justified. If we made a money bomb and raised ~3 million dollars again somehow, with the message being "No one but Paul" then maybe they would start taking us seriously. If we did this in December, maybe it could get enough coverage to actually change people's minds by January.

In addition, as great as the message was for Black This Out...in the end, it feels like the MSM/GOP didn't seem to care. We're getting a bit more coverage but I feel largely its because they're just trying to play nice with us. But i still feel like the blackout is still in effect. I think a reason for this is because mainly the MSM is deciding to take it for what it is. We tell them to Black this out...and that's exactly what they did.

And now, while this money bomb "Support them now" has a great call to action, and it showcases what we intend to do, what we want to do, and what we stand for, what it doesn't say is where the issue lies. It doesn't tell GOP or the MSM how serious we are about this. They forget that we're voters and we need to remind them, with a strong unified message, that they can't possibly ignore. And that's why I'm proposing a "No One But Paul" money bomb. Or something along those lines.

Thoughts?

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the forums!

I'll let others answer while I'm deciding if I think that is too in your face to the GOP or not, because I'm not sure how I feel about it. But there are a lot of people here who will be sure, I know.

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 09:49 PM
Oh, come on, isn't anyone going to respond to this guy?

bluesc
11-03-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome!

Didn't see the thread.

I'm not so sure about this, I already see comments all over the place saying "Paul supporters are going to re elect Obama". It's kind of like an ultimatum, and they rarely work.

It would certainly fire people up to donate though.

itssimplyjeff
11-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Its probably the title, i can imagine just the talk about another money bomb so soon is probably just making people roll their eyes, but thanks for the bump and warm welcome!

freeforall
11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Love it! But I think "Paul or Nothing" has a better ring to it.

Ekrub
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Like the theme, but I think it plays too much into the stereotype that RP supporters aren't team players and will get Obama re-elected. There is some validity to that (I'll vote LP or CP if Paul isn't elected). We need to seperate ourselves from the GOP in a more positive light. See the coverage that Nov 5 got in 07 from Beck on how they turn the themes against us. With Paul being a threat this time, I imagine the media would pounce on that opportunity.

mikeforliberty
11-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Love it! But I think "Paul or Nothing" has a better ring to it.

Agreed. I love the idea. I think that the media needs to understand that "No One But Paul" is the truth. We are 12% and we know who's name we are putting on the ballot no matter what.

This whole electability thing actually blows my mind. They think Mitt Romney is the most electable but he gives democrats no reason to switch from Obama. He is a mormon (nothing wrong with that its just not going to sit well with a lot of GOP), he's flip-flopped on abortion, and he's flip-flopped on healthcare.

Ron Paul on the other hand has a big draw from the end the war democrats, he can pull the libertarian vote, tons of independents willing to give it a shot, the whole GOP vote if he gets the nomination, and of course us the 12% who are with him to the end. In my opinion Ron Paul is the only non-Obama electable candidate.

A "Paul or Nothing" moneybomb would put our money where our mouth is and perhaps shake the media into giving up on trying to exclude Ron Paul. It might be a pipe-dream but its a pipe-dream I'm willing to throw another check as well as another Facebook ad campaign.

Welcome to the forums Jeff!

John F Kennedy III
11-03-2011, 10:07 PM
We can use No One But Paul as the title of the End of the Quarter Push at the end of December.