PDA

View Full Version : Campaign says it has raised $1.2M since accusations have surfaced

michaelkellenger
11-03-2011, 04:10 PM
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/03/cain-raised-1-2m-since-allegations-surfaced-campaign-says/

Either bull shit or wow......I just don't believe this...

Kords21
11-03-2011, 04:15 PM
It could be true, the initial "pity bump" and his hardcore supporters wanting to waste some money to help "defend" their guy, but I really don't put too much stock in anything Cain or his campaign staff says. Just wait, in a few hours it'll change.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-03-2011, 04:17 PM
Yawn.

hillertexas
11-03-2011, 04:19 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_E3aT2431XpA/TBEL_PsKEUI/AAAAAAAAENU/M6zwRI2VtTg/s1600/bullshit.jpg

eduardo89
11-03-2011, 04:45 PM
He's probably including his huge $400,000 moneybomb

Maximus
11-03-2011, 04:52 PM
By next week people are going to be seriously regretting those donations.

eduardo89
11-03-2011, 04:55 PM
By next week people are going to be seriously regretting those donations.

What happens when a candidate drops out and the campaign still has money in the bank?

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 04:57 PM
What happens when a candidate drops out and the campaign still has money in the bank?

they can transfer it to Mitt Romney. or they can buy Cain's books from Cain's company. or they can return the money.

eduardo89
11-03-2011, 04:58 PM
they can transfer it to Mitt Romney. or they can buy Cain's books from Cain's company. or they can return the money.

They can transfer it to any other candidate?

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 05:03 PM
They can transfer it to any other candidate?
yes or to a PAC.

bolidew
11-03-2011, 05:36 PM

Ron left a big chuck of money unused in 08 and you know where it went.

coffeewithchess
11-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Ron left a big chuck of money unused in 08 and you know where it went.

Wasn't it that lovely organization called Campaign for Liberty(subtitled: Funded off my supporters' donations since my campaign was an absolute piece of trash and waste of time?).

Guitarzan
11-03-2011, 05:46 PM
Wasn't it that lovely organization called Campaign for Liberty(subtitled: Funded off my supporters' donations since my campaign was an absolute piece of trash and waste of time?).

Oh come on...you can oppose the funds going to CFL, fine. But to say that his last campaign was a waste of time is just absurd.

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Then why is he running web ads asking for $999,000 by Nov 9 as a fundraiser?

Hmm?

I've decided the man is a bullshit artist. However, even the biggest liar in the world probably tells the truth most of the time, so who knows?

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 06:08 PM

He transfered it to his congressional account and supported liberty candidates, including Rand, and was able to ask people to donate to Rand's senate campaign instead of sending him money for his campaign in the 2010 cycle. And had he not run, none of us would be here, Rand wouldn't have been elected, nor Amish nor Glen Bradley, the organization here and at C4L wouldn't exist, the tea party, if it occurred would have been very different in flavor, etc.

I maxed out and am happy with how he spent his money. Once I donated it, it wasn't mine anyhow.

John F Kennedy III
11-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Bullshit x900

coffeewithchess
11-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Oh come on...you can oppose the funds going to CFL, fine. But to say that his last campaign was a waste of time is just absurd.

Nope. I still stand by my opinion that his last campaign was an absolute utter failure, and a waste of time. A lot of people wonder where the RP supports from 2007-2008 went, I'm telling you, many felt burned by the campaign. They put so much time/effort into, and saw basically nothing in return. This is just from speaking to fellow RP supporters in my area.

Honestly, I don't see what people get all excited about Rand Paul getting elected. I haven't seen very much from him as a Senator to make me jump up and down. Am I missing something?

bluesc
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Nope. I still stand by my opinion that his last campaign was an absolute utter failure, and a waste of time. A lot of people wonder where the RP supports from 2007-2008 went, I'm telling you, many felt burned by the campaign. They put so much time/effort into, and saw basically nothing in return. This is just from speaking to fellow RP supporters in my area.

Honestly, I don't see what people get all excited about Rand Paul getting elected. I haven't seen very much from him as a Senator to make me jump up and down. Am I missing something?

His '07 run set the stage for the future of the country. There aren't many young Republicans, but of those who are ~40% support Ron, and they are by far the most engaged young people. He set the stage for the future leaders. He educated them, they self educated, they got involved in the GOP, some still are. When you have influenced 40% of young Republicans, it is not a waste of time. This campaign is continuing that, with older GOP members supporting him. That wouldn't have happened without the show of strength last time around.

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 06:20 PM

Do you support Ron Paul in this election? Because some of those who supported Ron in 2007 are really more Johnson supporters and that is a different issue. Did you donate last time? Did you ask for the money back if you didn't like how it was being spent? Because you have no say over how OTHER people's money is spent.

Here is the ad Cain is running which makes me think the $1.2 million bit is smoke.
http://aka-cdn-ns.adtechus.com/apps/475/Ad2173915St3Sz170Sq20689050V2Id3/image007.jpg

coffeewithchess
11-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Do you support Ron Paul in this election? Because some of those who supported Ron in 2007 are really more Johnson supporters and that is a different issue. Did you donate last time? Did you ask for the money back if you didn't like how it was being spent? Because you have no say over how OTHER people's money is spent.

Yea I'm supporting RP this election. Have made YouTube videos already, and am working on some articles to help show my friends/family why I won't suppor the other candidates.

I did donate last time, each and every money bomb, and randomly throughout, and had no idea I could ask for the money back...because believe me, I would have.

As for saying 40% of young Republicans are RP supporters, wouldn't we be polling better than 12% if true? I really hope I'm wrong, but I think RP spent the last few years "writing" books and selling them, instead of concentrating on a strategy to win the White House.
While I believe this campaign is at least competent, and putting out many better ads(1 is more than the last campaign's total), I just hope there are many more surprises to come out and help propel RP to the front. His continuing to ignore interview requests though by guys like O'Reilly makes no sense at all, and is one reason I will not donate this time.

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 07:11 PM
I think Ron was fighting for issues and thought he'd be allowed to do more in his subcommittee than he was let to do, personally. But I'm just guessing. He's running hard, this time, though, whatever happened early last time (I didn't tune in until later in the race.)

OReilly turns off people's mics. Ron will be on Fox News Sunday this weekend and originally said he'd be on OReilly, he just had a schedule problem the first time. Then Fox sent someone to corner Ron on it at an event and Ron had clearly no clue what OReilly had been told, and the guy asking questions just said 'why won't your staff let you go on a journalist's show like OReilly'? Ron just said 'he really isn't much of a journalist, is he?' and that kinda killed any rapprochement, imho. Purely spontaneous. These things happen. :p

No campaign is ever going to be perfect. But it is your money if you don't want to donate. Don't think you have much authority telling others what to do with theirs, though.

LBennett76
11-03-2011, 07:27 PM
This is why he's making so much money... because he has FEMALE supporters who say things like this with other women jumping on the bandwagon in their comments:

"I pledge to donate $20 for EVERY woman that claims sexual harassment against Mr. Cain! Who's with me? Bring it, ladies...we'll fund the Cain Train all the way to DC!!!"

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 07:29 PM
This is why he's making so much money... because he has FEMALE supporters who say things like this with other women jumping on the bandwagon in their comments:

"I pledge to donate $20 for EVERY woman that claims sexual harassment against Mr. Cain! Who's with me? Bring it, ladies...we'll fund the Cain Train all the way to DC!!!"

Sounds like she anticipates uncovering quite a number of claimants.....

assuming that is a real supporter and not someone trying to get others to donate.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 09:18 PM

And what makes you think that is actually a woman?
Anyways, the funniest thing about this is sitting here wondering if all these people typing "cain train" under stories about sexual harassement are aware of the slang definition for "train".
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=train
puts a little bit of a different slant on the term, if I do say....

LBennett76
11-03-2011, 10:01 PM
I got this off his Facebook page. This woman posted this and about 10 other women agreed to do it too. The guy's pulling in money like never before. It's just mind-blowing.

freeforall
11-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Do we know that he is referring just to campaign donations, or is he including donations to a PAC?

IterTemporis
11-03-2011, 10:32 PM
I got this off his Facebook page. This woman posted this and about 10 other women agreed to do it too. The guy's pulling in money like never before. It's just mind-blowing.

Heh.. So they do not believe the media when it comes to something negative about Herman Cain, but when it comes to Ron Paul being 'unelectable' or 'fringe' they believe everything.

Give me liberty
11-04-2011, 12:08 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/03/cain-raises-1-2-million/?hpt=hp_bn3

Scandal has proven lucrative for Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain.

Since news of alleged sexual harassment claims broke Sunday, the former pizza executive's campaign has raised $1.2 million, spokesman J.D. Gordon told CNN.

CNN didnt even bother on reporting when Ron Paul made millions. i guess it didnt matter to them, so why does Cain matter so much?

JoshLowry
11-04-2011, 12:41 AM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/11/03/cain-raises-1-2-million/?hpt=hp_bn3

CNN didnt even bother on reporting when Ron Paul made millions. i guess it didnt matter to them, so why does Cain matter so much?

They covered the story but threw in a red herring about why the moneybomb was thrown.

http://i.imgur.com/5x0LY.jpg

They probably had it nowhere near the front of cnn.com/politics for any real length of time anyways.

willwash
11-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Ron Paul used his leftover money from 2008 to found Campaign for Liberty.

willwash
11-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Then Fox sent someone to corner Ron on it at an event and Ron had clearly no clue what OReilly had been told, and the guy asking questions just said 'why won't your staff let you go on a journalist's show like OReilly'? Ron just said 'he really isn't much of a journalist, is he?' and that kinda killed any rapprochement, imho. Purely spontaneous. These things happen. :p

Do you have a toob of this?

amberjack
11-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Do you have a toob of this?

http://rpflix.com/2198