PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain BREAKING: PJM Sources Report Details of Alleged Cain Incident

RonPaulFanInGA
11-03-2011, 11:16 AM
http://pjmedia.com/blog/breaking-pjm-sources-report-details-of-alleged-cain-incident/

Adding to the ongoing Herman Cain sexual harassment controversy, two sources have now confirmed to PJ Media that a female employee of the National Restaurant Association told associates she had been brought by Mr. Cain to his Crystal City, Virginia residence where she alleged “he had taken advantage of me.”

One source, a male, told PJ Media:

Herman took advantage of seniority and power with a young woman. It was an abuse of power.

Implying that coming forward with the accusations was an ordeal for the young woman, the source also said:

Who do you believe, a CEO or a mid-level staffer? It was unsettling for her to make charges.

The name of the woman — who was in her early twenties at the time of the alleged incident — has been confirmed by PJ Media. We have chosen not to reveal her identity for reasons of discretion.

Both sources, one male and one female, worked at the time — mid-1990s — for the governmental affairs department of the National Restaurant Association, as did the woman.

kylejack
11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Getting worse and worse. Now we're talking sexual assault, possibly.

Original_Intent
11-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Two words: Blue dress.

rp713
11-03-2011, 01:09 PM
what are you doing going to his house in the first place? she was obviously looking for a lawsuit.

kylejack
11-03-2011, 01:10 PM
what are you doing going to his house in the first place? she was obviously looking for a lawsuit.
Overindulged at the bar and was passed out, roofie, any number of possibilities. At the very least, it's looking like he is an adulterer.

RDM
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
“he had taken advantage of me.”

Define the word "of". Of can have different meanings.

LibertyEagle
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Cain needs to talk to the National Restaurant Association and get the gag order released so that the woman can come forward. He will do that if he honestly has nothing to hide. It all needs to be laid out on the table and let the truth be aired.

smithtg
11-03-2011, 01:13 PM
can anyone say "anthony Weiner"?

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-03-2011, 01:15 PM
Overindulged at the bar and was passed out, roofie, any number of possibilities. At the very least, it's looking like he is an adulterer.

I've been drugged two times in my life at least, and I'm not even a female. It does happen, and these payouts are kindof large. Mere sexual harassment isn't going to get a year's salary in both cases.

I think this may be the sinking of the neocon talking heads and not just Cain.

SilentBull
11-03-2011, 01:16 PM
As long as she remains anonymous, Cain will remain in the top, in my opinion. They will keep finding reasons to blame the liberals for this, and Cain's support could get stronger. The idiot republicans don't wanna admit that liberals are "right" so they will be stubborn and keep supporting Cain no matter what, now.

ChrisDixon
11-03-2011, 01:29 PM
This isn't going to hurt Cain until the accusers stop hiding. If they have nothing to hide, they will come forward. All this is doing is helping Cain at this point. His campaign had its best fundraising day as a result. His popularity isn't hurting and new polls are showing he's still fighting Romney well.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
but dont put it all on cain, its hard to pass up an attractive woman, especially when she's willing to come to your house.

Guess it never occurred to you the numerous ways he might have gotten her to go there using false pretenses? Also it wasn't exactly his house is my understanding but a work residence.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Pajamas media rectified the most damaging part of the article.

11-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Pajamas media rectified the most damaging part of the article.

Yeah I noticed the change too. This source seems questionable. Is PJ media even reputable?

John F Kennedy III
11-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Two words: Blue dress.

Cigar.

John F Kennedy III
11-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I've been drugged two times in my life at least, and I'm not even a female. It does happen, and these payouts are kindof large. Mere sexual harassment isn't going to get a year's salary in both cases.

I think this may be the sinking of the neocon talking heads and not just Cain.

Always pour your own drink.

FreeTraveler
11-03-2011, 02:13 PM
but dont put it all on cain, its hard to pass up an attractive woman, especially when she's willing to come to your house.
Yeah, those evil women spin their webs, and men are defenseless against their feminine wiles. They catch the scent of perfume in the air and are suddenly rendered incapable of exercising sound judgement. Be sure your wife or future wife knows how you feel about this, just in case you get taken advantage of by some femme fatale some day. :rolleyes:

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-03-2011, 02:14 PM
i very much doubt she was drugged. im sure that would have been plastered all over the media. she saw he had money and was trying to get a piece of the action. she probly didnt wanna do something he wanted to do and took the opportunity for some cash. people are looking for a lawsuit these days. im not trying to defend him at all. clearly an adulterer. but dont put it all on cain, its hard to pass up an attractive woman, especially when she's willing to come to your house.

I doubt it. I've seen a lot of sexual harassment, and none of it adds up to years salaries both times, with 15 plus employees willing to talk about it, etc etc.

This is happening because the NRA WAS Cain at that point, and he abused the organization.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-03-2011, 02:16 PM
Always pour your own drink.

Good advice, but don't leave your drink unattended either.

I walked or staggered off both times, once with help. The only moral of the story there is it takes more to drug a man. Our society is a cesspool, and it's a lot more than just government and in Cain's case - corrupt corporate control.

kylejack
11-03-2011, 02:30 PM
This isn't going to hurt Cain until the accusers stop hiding. If they have nothing to hide, they will come forward. All this is doing is helping Cain at this point. His campaign had its best fundraising day as a result. His popularity isn't hurting and new polls are showing he's still fighting Romney well.
Why would they come forward when it's going to cost them tens of thousands of dollars that they probably don't have anymore to tell their story?

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Why would they come forward when it's going to cost them tens of thousands of dollars that they probably don't have anymore to tell their story?

the third accuser doesn't have such contract.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
the third accuser doesn't have such contract.
No but she has plenty of reason to be scared of the trainedbycain-iacs. those people don't have it all together up there.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 02:45 PM
No but she has plenty of reason to be scared of the trainedbycain-iacs. those people don't have it all together up there.

that could be. at the same time, it's way too easy for someone who wants to hurt cain politically to say "he sexually harassed me" when

1. your name won't be published
2. the definition of sexual harassment is so broad that she could truthfully accuse cain of sexual harassment even if cain did nothing wrong at all. as i mentioned, top universities teach that sexual harassment is "anything that makes a woman uncomfortable".

kylejack
11-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Hahaha, there's a great hashtag going around on Twitter called #PJMCorrections. https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23PJMcorrections

Cleaner44
11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Herman Cain is done, he could never win swing voters in a general election.

He is... UNELECTABLE

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Herman Cain is done, he could never win swing voters in a general election.

He is... UNELECTABLE

if the economy is bad enough, he sure can

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
that could be. at the same time, it's way too easy for someone who wants to hurt cain politically to say "he sexually harassed me" when

1. your name won't be published
2. the definition of sexual harassment is so broad that she could truthfully accuse cain of sexual harassment even if cain did nothing wrong at all. as i mentioned, top universities teach that sexual harassment is "anything that makes a woman uncomfortable".

And that was the exact thing Rand was speaking out against. Of course that only represents 1 out of 3 harassment cases so far. Plus the IA radio station's claim (4) and who knows how many. Looks like a pattern to me.

But in your example, I guess that is when you fallback and evaluate the credibility of the media reporting it and their history of vetting information....

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-03-2011, 02:57 PM

When the economy being bad is specifically caused by Alan Greenspan, who Cain called the greatest federal reserve guy ever?

No. I'd rather have Obama than that.

11-03-2011, 02:58 PM

How's that? In a worse economy they will willingly pay 9% extra sales tax? Public opinion is swaying against 999. It's been hammered into their heads over and over that it hurts the poor and middle class and 84% pay more taxes. Only the hardcore Cain people aren't seeing that yet.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
When the economy being bad is specifically caused by Alan Greenspan, who Cain called the greatest federal reserve guy ever?

Oh if only a plurality of voters even knew what the hell you just said. we'd be halfway there!

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:00 PM
But in your example, I guess that is when you fallback and evaluate the credibility of the media reporting it and their history of vetting information....

which is politico and the new york times, which didn't publish anything when a NON-anonymous man accused obama of a having homosexual relationship. the same publications also didn't publish about the edwards scandal when it was breaking out.

SpicyTurkey
11-03-2011, 03:01 PM
can anyone say "anthony Weiner"?

This is much bigger.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
which is politico and the new york times, which didn't publish anything when a NON-anonymous man accused obama of a having homosexual relationship. the same publications also didn't publish about the edwards scandal when it was breaking out.

Yes, I'll give you that, they aren't credible sources. But at the same time, there are 3 other verified incidents....so a fourth is hardly unbelievable.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Yes, I'll give you that, they aren't credible sources. But at the same time, there are 3 other verified incidents....so a fourth is hardly unbelievable.

incidents of what? i haven't seen what the hell he did yet. the latest was pretty bad but was retracted. the iowa radio guy refused to say what cain did.

Jingles
11-03-2011, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIP_KDQmXs&

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:06 PM
incidents of what? i haven't seen what the hell he did yet. the latest was pretty bad but was retracted. the iowa radio guy refused to say what cain did.

Well it wasn't just snuffing puppies to settle for a years salary.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:09 PM

i read the the average cost for fighting those cases is $85k. some guy who lost paid $80 million, which can sometimes happen even if you're innocent. cain paid $45k.

i will look for the sources if you want them.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-03-2011, 03:11 PM

Cain said it was for saying what the height of his wife was :eek:

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:12 PM
i read the the average cost for fighting those cases is $85k. some guy who lost paid $80 million, which can sometimes happen even if you're innocent. cain paid $45k.

No need. you think some guy paid 80million just for saying a blouse fit well or some such thing?

SpicyTurkey
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM

So he lost the case?

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:13 PM
//

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:21 PM
No need. you think some guy paid 80million just for saying a blouse fit well or some such thing?

even if cain didn't do that, settling for less than the average cost of fighting the case is a wise financial decision from my point of view.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:25 PM
even if cain didn't do that, settling for less than the average cost of fighting the case is a wise financial decision from my point of view.

Jumping to that decision might be a bad financial decision. I'd weigh the mode heavier than the mean for that decision. I mean, that 80 million dollar judgement is gonna skew the average pretty damn high.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Jumping to that decision might be a bad financial decision. I'd weigh the mode heavier than the mean for that decision. I mean, that 80 million dollar decision is gonna skew the average pretty damn high.

i don't think it would make a difference when you're a millionaire. peace of mind and not going to court and avoiding all that tension is worth that small percentage of your income.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:28 PM
i don't think it would make a difference when you're a millionaire. peace of mind and not going to court and avoiding all that tension is worth that small percentage of your income.

Fair enough; but technically it wasnt his money or his decision but the NRA and their bank account.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Fair enough; but technically it wasnt his money or his decision but the NRA and their bank account.

isn't that even less incriminating for Cain?

Eleutheros
11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah, those evil women spin their webs, and men are defenseless against their feminine wiles. They catch the scent of perfume in the air and are suddenly rendered incapable of exercising sound judgement. Be sure your wife or future wife knows how you feel about this, just in case you get taken advantage of by some femme fatale some day. :rolleyes:

Oh, is that what they call it nowadays? :p

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:30 PM
isn't that even less incriminating for Cain?

I don't see why. All it means the fact that he is a millionaire wasn't part of the decision making process.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:31 PM
I don't see why. All it means the fact that he is a millionaire wasn't part of the decision making process.

because he didn't shut her up. it was someone else.

eduardo89
11-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Via politico iPad app just a second ago

POLITICO Breaking News
11/03/2011 05:29 PM EDT (expires: 11/03/2011 06:29 PM EDT)

POLITICO has learned new details making clear there were urgent discussions at top levels of the National Restaurant Association regarding an alleged unwanted sexual advance by Herman Cain toward a female employee.

The details put the woman’s account even more sharply at odds with Cain’s emphatic insistence this week that nothing inappropriate happened between the two.

The woman in question told two people directly at the time that Cain made a sexual overture to her at one of the group’s events, according to the sources familiar with the incident. The accusation was also later brought to the attention of another board member as well as the restaurant association’s general counsel Peter Kilgore.

specsaregood
11-03-2011, 03:36 PM
because he didn't shut her up. it was someone else.
Well it was a workplace related suit.

Wondering, why would you give this POS even a little bit of a benefit of the doubt? After all his lies and over cases that happened years before he got famous?

sailingaway
11-03-2011, 03:39 PM

why? He has nothing to add on the economy. He doesn't even understand what his own plan is. He'd be a pawn for special interests.

11-03-2011, 03:43 PM
why? He has nothing to add on the economy. He doesn't even understand what his own plan is. He'd be a pawn for special interests.

He IS and has been a pawn for special interests.

My opinion is that Cain is guilty of this. I've always been a good judge of character. I could smell Cain's BS a mile away. Somebody with an ego the size of is is pre-disposed to abuse women and egotistical to think he can get away with it.

LisaNY
11-03-2011, 03:48 PM

They act like stark raving lunatics online, that's for sure. As a woman, I'd be terrified to come out knowing he has such a nutty following. Plus Drudge, Fox and the other right wing trash talkers (I refuse to call them conservatives), will drag them through the mud and make their lives a living hell for derailing their clown train.

low preference guy
11-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Well it was a workplace related suit.

Wondering, why would you give this POS even a little bit of a benefit of the doubt? After all his lies and over cases that happened years before he got famous?

because if i state that the settlement amount is a good argument, i'll have to accuse anyone who has a settlement for that amount of greater of sexual harassment, when i believe that in some situations such a settlement is justified even when the person is innocent.

speciallyblend
11-03-2011, 04:14 PM
because if i state that the settlement amount is a good argument, i'll have to accuse anyone who has a settlement for that amount of greater of sexual harassment, when i believe that in some situations such a settlement is justified even when the person is innocent.

Then let it all hang out ,no pun intended.