PDA

View Full Version : Americanselect.org raises $22 million to fund 3rd party candidate

sparta
11-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Nonpartisan group offers US political alternative

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A nonpartisan group said on Wednesday it has gathered millions of signatures, and millions of dollars, from voters so unhappy with the toxic U.S. political climate that they want a centrist independent to run for president in 2012.

So far, Americans Elect has gathered more than 1.9 million signatures in support of its petition to get on the ballot in all 50 states and Washington, D.C., and raised almost $22 million.

http://news.yahoo.com/nonpartisan-group-offers-political-alternative-210336432.html
http://www.americanselect.org/

Perhaps something to pursuit if we do not win the GOP nomination.

Become a delegate in just 20 seconds
https://secure.americanselect.org/signup

EDIT: Apparently this is some sort of establishment front-group :eek:

bluesc
11-02-2011, 11:53 PM
Will they run Trump? No way they run a left leaning independent to screw Obama.

There's a Rothschild on their board, I don't trust them for a second. There will be some sort of rule so that Ron isn't allowed the nomination.

DXDoug
11-02-2011, 11:55 PM
ya even a 3rd party group probably wouldnt support paul lol. he / we are our own party the ron paul revolution ally with no one friends with all

sparta
11-02-2011, 11:59 PM
Rothschild on their board

oh that explains why the MSM is embracing them...ahhh

jbuttell
11-03-2011, 12:02 AM
just what we need, a candidate thats 50% Republican, 50% Democrat. We get the balance JUST right, we'll be back on track in no time.

Not this war, let's fight these instead!
Cut this program, but start these programs instead!

Anti Federalist
11-03-2011, 12:02 AM
From their website

What if an extremist or unqualified candidate wins?

Americans Elect candidates will be certified by an independent committee and must meet a set of standard qualification criteria such as background checks. But more importantly, the Americans Elect ticket will be chosen by millions of registered voters—Democrat, Republican and independent. We believe that when Americans participate directly in the nominating process, we will have a positive debate that leads to a qualified, representative choice.

On the Board

Lynn Forester de Rothschild
CEO, E.L. Rothschild
http://www.americanselect.org/who-we-are

Lynn Forester, Lady de Rothschild (b. July 2, 1954 in New Jersey, U.S.)[1] is the chief executive officer of E.L. Rothschild, a holding company she owns with her third husband, Sir Evelyn Robert de Rothschild, a member of the Rothschild family.[1] The company manages investments in The Economist Group, owner of The Economist magazine, Congressional Quarterly and the Economist Intelligence Unit, Weather Central LP, the world's largest provider of weather software and data to the broadcast industry, as well as real estate, agricultural and food interests.[2] By virtue of her marriage to a knight, she is known socially as Lady de Rothschild.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2011, 12:09 AM
Another gem:

The Honorable
William H. Webster

Former director, Federal Bureau of Investigation and Central Intelligence Agency; Chairman, Homeland Security Advisory Council; Retired Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy

Kludge
11-03-2011, 12:10 AM
It's a fascinating idea. It's not anything like a political party many of us are used to. It isn't like the LP where party loyalty and activism translates to power in nominating the candidates. I believe it was the founder who went on Stewart a couple or few weeks ago.

The idea's that people should elect party nominees, have much more impact on what critical issues need to be addressed (pretty much MSM's role ATM), and be able to vote for a nominee regardless of whether or not they're registered to the correct party by a certain date prior to voting in the primary. It turns political parties into a vessel instead of a strong political force, and diminishes a lot of the power in having status within a political party.

The backing behind this organization is pretty impressive, and's looking like it may actually get on all 50 states. I wouldn't be surprised to see AE becoming the most powerful third party within a decade. They probably won't have much impact on the next election, but it'll give us an idea where they're headed and what they're doing behind the scenes.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2011, 12:10 AM
This outfit has got establishment written all over it, and I suspect that Ron would be as welcome as the clap.

Still, might be something to file away as a possible back up plan.

Esoteric
11-03-2011, 12:19 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA WOW. I mean, who needs conspiracy theories when the information is right in front of you?

This is their protection against a Paul nomination. Paul gets the nod, and boom, they run a neo-con as the 3rd party candidate.

LibertyEagle
11-03-2011, 12:27 AM
The neoconservatives are not the only flavor of globalists out there.

jkob
11-03-2011, 12:43 AM
Sounds like they want Trump, Bloomberg, that type.

Kludge
11-03-2011, 12:51 AM
Sounds like they want Trump, Bloomberg, that type.
I don't think so. This is a truly liberal approach to elections which I don't think would be appreciated by many conservatives, or even most moderates, where the Two Parties have insider "wise men" (delegates & chairmen) deciding who gets nominated and how. The most liberal of government is one in which direct democracy decides what laws are created and who's in office. This is as liberal as you can get in the current system. As far as compulsory government goes, this is a type of election process I think many libertarians can appreciate (more than the alternative), too.

I think this could end up being the culmination of OWS. To an extent, though, this isn't a truly free nomination process, since the party board is explicitly allowed some discretion in who they put up for the nomination process. If they're honestly just making sure the nominee isn't a criminal or non-citizen - stuff like that, this could end up a very powerful tool empowering citizens to decide on a major player in the running of the USG.

11-03-2011, 01:04 AM
What a bunch of crap. Look at how they want you to "Rank your priorities" and look at how they frame it. This is clearly going to end up being a movement of people who want to expand government power to include all the positions that so-called "moderates" (i.e., jelly-spined people) want to embrace as a "happy medium."

I call bs on this whole deal. It's going to end up hurting our country if a "moderate independent" gets elected just as much as it would if any old regular Democrat or Republican were elected.

sparta
11-03-2011, 01:14 AM
Now that it's clear that this is an establishment front group - I wonder if they are just using it to attempt to steal voters away from a legitimate third-party. Once again, cause the problem, and offer the solution.

Knightskye
11-03-2011, 01:16 AM
Take the survey questions on their website. Look how they're phrased and how the majority responded. I'm guessing a very large percentage of the donations came from progressive-minded people and may end up affecting whom they choose as the eventual nominee.

John F Kennedy III
11-03-2011, 01:22 AM
oh that explains why the MSM is embracing them...ahhh

Yerp.

PatriotOne
11-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Oh good lord. I knew reading the thread title that this was a front for the NWO and I would have to do some research on them but this is just too easy. It's not even challenging.

Another gem:

Americans Elect was founded by Peter Ackerman. He is a member of the Board of the Council on Foreign Relations.[

PatriotOne
11-03-2011, 07:10 AM
The group has been criticized for failure to fully disclose its funding.[11] Elliot Ackerman said that it is up to donors to determine whether they want to be identified and defended the group saying, "I think that's an unfortunate testament to the status of our political landscape that people feel uncomfortable about disclosing the fact that they're supporting an open nominating process." However, Fred Wertheimer, known for his work on campaign finance reform, said, "They must be trying to hide from the public who their donors are. This is a very strange way for a group to act that is complaining about the state of American politics".[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_Elect

PatriotOne
11-03-2011, 07:15 AM
LOL. Seriously. LOL.

W. David Lawson, Managing Director, JP Morgan Chase & Co.

PatriotOne
11-03-2011, 07:21 AM
Will Marshall
President, Progressive Policy Institute

Signed the "we need a new Pearl Harbor" PNAC document

Marshall also signed, at the outset of the war, a letter issued by the Project for the New American Century (PNAC) expressing support for the invasion.

Original_Intent
11-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Thanks for the heads up on this group - forwarded.

dntrpltt
11-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Americanselect.org is set up so that everyone who registers is a delegate to pick their nominee. I signed up a long while back to participate in the polls that they take, and according to those polls, the majority of the people who are registered delegates are either liberal or libertarian minded; almost none have the same view points as Republicans, meaning that whoever this third party group picks will probably be a liberal or libertarian. My point is, whoever signs up is going to pick the nominee, not the group who manages it.

Not to say that I endorse the group at all; I just think that it is an interesting poll site (perhaps you should check it out)...

speciallyblend
11-03-2011, 10:15 AM
read this thread but still signed up and i plan on being a delegate for Ron Paul or Liberty if it comes to this!!

nbhadja
11-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Rothschild is on the board.......it is 100% fact that it is controlled opposition. They are trying to steal the attention off of REAL anti-establishment candidates. Someone punch Rothschild in his ugly face.

Peace&Freedom
11-03-2011, 11:13 AM
This serves as an amazingly decisive rebuttal to those who argue against Ron Paul choosing to run 3rd party by saying he'll be viewed as a 'spoiler.' Did anybody really think Paul was going to win the Republican nomination without the enemy running a well funded 3rd party candidate to split the non-Obama, or the alternative vote? Does anybody really think the MSM will care that this group's candidate would be acting as a spoiler to Paul? And regardless of how open the independent group's delegate system appears, at crunch time the Rothchild/JP Morgan controllers will exert influence to get the nominee they want.

Anti Federalist
11-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Pretty ambiguous.

For instance, "gun control" is listed under "social issues".

Well, by ranking it most important, does that mean it's important to roll back and repeal or enact more?

Mushy, middle of the road bullshit.

Rank YOUR PRIORITIES

Drag the sliders to tell us what you think are the crucial issues facing
our nation.
Least important Most important
Foreign Policy
Environment
Energy
Immigration
Reform
Social Issues
Healthcare
Economy
Education

PatriotOne
11-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Pretty ambiguous.

For instance, "gun control" is listed under "social issues".

Well, by ranking it most important, does that mean it's important to roll back and repeal or enact more?

Mushy, middle of the road bullshit.

Reminds me of a pollster calling me a couple weeks ago. Pretty much the same questions/issues. Yes or no? Are these issues important to you? If I said yes to Immigration Reform god knows how they would have twisted my "yes" answer. They could have twisted it any way they wanted. They literally hung up on me and didn't complete the poll after I said "yes, it's important that we take away the incentives that cause the illegal immigration into the United States".

PatriotOne
11-03-2011, 02:20 PM
read this thread but still signed up and i plan on being a delegate for Ron Paul or Liberty if it comes to this!!

Good thing there is no way they could manipulate the process :rolleyes:

NewRightLibertarian
11-03-2011, 02:24 PM
What a disgrace. Hopefully this will fade like that moderate alliance bullshit that scumbags like Bloomberg were pushing for last year

gerryb
11-03-2011, 02:32 PM
What a disgrace. Hopefully this will fade like that moderate alliance bullshit that scumbags like Bloomberg were pushing for last year

You have seen the board members names posted?

This is going to be a permanent fixture.

NewRightLibertarian
11-03-2011, 02:36 PM
You have seen the board members names posted?

This is going to be a permanent fixture.

Not if they elect some bum who nobody gives a shit about. They got cash, but I'm thinking they're doing this to derail Ron Paul at all costs

gerryb
11-03-2011, 09:41 PM
They got cash, but I'm thinking they're doing this to derail Ron Paul at all costs

Exactly, or to ensure victory on whatever side they need it for.

Warrior_of_Freedom
11-03-2011, 10:03 PM
Rothchild on board--So that explains how they raised $22 million lol.

speciallyblend
11-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Good thing there is no way they could manipulate the process :rolleyes:

never said they wouldn't. i just said doesn't hurt to be involved. It is my plan c, plan a ron paul gop, plan b ron paul indy, plan c this or uruguay if i can ever save money to flee!!

PatriotOne
11-04-2011, 05:17 PM
never said they wouldn't. i just said doesn't hurt to be involved. It is my plan c, plan a ron paul gop, plan b ron paul indy, plan c this or uruguay if i can ever save money to flee!!

Yeah..after I wrote that I thought it is a good thing to have RP'ers involved so they can keep an eye on the enemy.