PDA

View Full Version : US Marines for Ron Paul is looking for a few good Marines and Corpsmen!

TJMadison
11-02-2011, 07:54 PM
Attention on deck! US Marines for Ron Paul is looking for Marines and Navy Corpsmen (that have served with Marine units) in the following categories to join us:

1. Active duty or active reserve - currently serving in uniform.
2. Retired - honorably or medically retired.
3. Veterans - honorably or medically discharged.
We have 100 Marines and 4 Navy Corpsmen on deck. Our ranks range from PFC through Colonel and include: one Colonel, one Major, two Captains, one Master Sergeant and 4 Staff Sergeants.

We ask that you provide your name, rank, MOS, units you've served with and the years in which you served (example: 2006-2011). If you're a Marine or Corpsman and you support Ron Paul for president, we invite you to join us at the following link:

U.S. Marines for Ron Paul 2012 (Marines and Navy Corpsman only)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/163401007056636/

If you are not a Marine or Corpsman, we invite you to join us here:

U.S. Marines for Ron Paul 2012 (Open to Everyone)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Marines-for-Ron-Paul/120246568056658

Semper Fi,
Gary C. Huggins
Moderator, US Marines for Ron Paul

jeremiahj13
11-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Too bad, I'm not a marine, I'm an army soldier :(
Hooah,

I wish you best of luck though :)

eleganz
11-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Thanks for organizing and getting the marines and navy for RP together. You guys make a bigger difference than you think in this race.

Now if we can only figure out a way to get the message out there that RP has very dedicated military support.

tnvoter
11-02-2011, 08:50 PM
You won't have much luck because we're not ALLOWED to support *anyone or *anything while also in "uniform". ;)

*political

VegasPatriot
11-02-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi Gary, I sent you a PM with Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes email. I suggest you contact him to see if he can help you with this project.

FSP-Rebel
11-02-2011, 09:12 PM
You won't have much luck because we're not ALLOWED to support *anyone or *anything while also in "uniform". ;)

*political
Word

2ndfor1st
11-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Bump

mikeforliberty
11-03-2011, 05:41 PM
Former Marine Sgt. 2006-2011 here supporting Ron Paul.

nobody's_hero
11-03-2011, 05:47 PM
+rep for reaching out to Marines. We have so relatively few in the Ron Paul crowd. The ones we do have like Gunny Bradley are passionate and have taken the fight into government itself.

Overall though, the Marine corps is under-represented in the r3volution. Air Force seems to be proportionally the largest in terms of donors (perhaps due to Ron Paul being an Air Force veteran).

I think it is because the Marines are conditioned to be the most gung-ho branch of the military. The Corps is all about combat (they have to borrow corpsmen (medics) from the Navy just so the rest of them can focus on the shooting, 'cause that's pretty much all the Marines do).

I hope I'm not offending anyone such as yourself, TJMadison, but just from my experience and observation, they are the most 'hawkish' of servicemembers.

All the more reason why we need folks such as yourself, who are Marines, to try to get through to them.

I have been working to get my neighbor, a Vietnam War Marine veteran, to support Ron Paul. He still makes comments like, "I wish John McCain would run again." So, lol, I have to be subtle. He saw my Ron Paul bumper sticker and started asking about him. He's leaning towards Cain but he's admitted to me before that he thinks both Republicans and Democrats are crooks, and if I can convince him that Herman Cain, despite his businessman past, is actually just another run of the mill politician (saying whatever he can to win votes, sounds like a politician to me), I think he could switch to Paul.

My neighbor is still hung up on foreign policy (he doesn't like Muslims) and supports the War on Terror (though he thinks that there's fishy things going on, like dumping OBL's body in the ocean so there's no proof, and believes that the Iraq war was built on lies —he's come that far, at least). Like I said, I have to be very subtle in pushing Ron Paul. I've found out that my veteran friend can't stand the idea of nation-building when we could use that money here at home, so I've been focusing very hard on that issue. I say things like: "Ya know, Ron Paul doesn't think we should be building schools and stuff in Afghanistan, while we're closing schools here in the U.S."

Basically, I'm trying to work this grain of sand into a pearl, and can't rush things or it ruins the outcome.

JohnGalt1225
11-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Former Marine supporting Ron Paul. Semper Fi Devil Dogs!

TJMadison
11-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Too bad, I'm not a marine, I'm an army soldier :(
Hooah,

I wish you best of luck though :)

Actually, anyone that is a current or former member of the US Army, Army Reserve or Army National Guard, is invited to join U.S. Army for Ron Paul! Please note that we are only open to members of the US Army in the following categories:

1. Active duty or active reserve: currently serving in uniform.
2. Retired: Honorably or medically retired.
3. Veterans: Honorably or medically discharged.

If you are not a current of former member of the US Army, please do not request to join this group.

Best Regards, Bryan Bishop, SP4, 82nd Airborne, US Army
Moderator - U.S. Army for Ron Paul
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/109412289170999/

Members of all branches are invited to join Veterans for Ron Paul here: https://www.facebook.com/VetsforRonPaul?ref=ts

TJMadison
11-03-2011, 09:29 PM

*political

I've added 7 Marines to this group since I posted this message less than 24 hours ago. We are currently at 111 members - quite a few are active duty Marines and Corpsmen currently serving in Afghanistan. Active duty military can join groups - they cannot publicly endorse canidates while in uniform or on officical duty. Semper Fi, Gary C. Huggins, US Marines for Ron Paul

GunnyFreedom
11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Former Marine...CORPORAL, Ron Paul supporter. The GunnyFreedom is a pen name like Silence Dogood. Describes my role in the liberty movement and the survivalist movement. In the Marines I was a Corporal.