PDA

View Full Version : TV Advertising Idea: Senior Specific

GeorgiaAvenger
11-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I am not a senior, but I enjoy watching channels such as MeTv and RTV. These channels carry old time television shows and are popular channels among seniors. Nearly all of their commercials are senior oriented: whether it be healthcare or retirement. I believe networks like these would be a great medium for advertising and helping Ron Paul grow with seniors.

http://metvnetwork.com/advertise.php
http://myretrotv.com/advertise.html

I know nothing about how to advertise, but if someone else does, feel free to use this idea.

PastaRocket848
11-02-2011, 06:58 PM
That's a great idea. I'd imagine it's a whole lot cheaper than prime time, and far more effective. The hard part is creating an ad that works perfect with that demographic. I have no idea what that would contain lol.

acptulsa
11-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Been screaming this for a while. Do it this way and you don't even have to worry about the powers that be counting it against Ron's spending totals:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?317512-Let-s-Do-an-Attack-Ad!

This is the perfect audience for us--they know we've been led down the garden path in many ways, they know the old ways worked better, they know state governments work better than the federal government, despite everyone saying we don't revere our elders it really isn't true, and they themselves vote!

And not only is RTV a good choice, but any local station that shows Matlock reruns!

Whatever the ad is or says, I think this is the tune to set it to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdqvX-n25gs

I've got a hand-painted picture of 'Cain accused of sexual harassment' followed by Ron and Carol Paul, and 'Romney flip flops again followed by Ron Paul looking like the immovable object that he is...

Of course, that might be candidate-specific enough that we would have to let the campaign know just how much was spent.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-02-2011, 07:02 PM
That's a great idea. I'd imagine it's a whole lot cheaper than prime time, and far more effective. The hard part is creating an ad that works perfect with that demographic. I have no idea what that would contain lol.

It would be much cheaper and target specific.

The ads would need to be centered around maintaining the safety net, helping their grandchildren's future, and good values.

PastaRocket848
11-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Ok. Do we have any videos existing that cover that or do we have to make one?

Crystallas
11-02-2011, 07:12 PM
We need some of the senior grass roots to step up and cover their base. All of this guess work by those other-than is kind of laughable, despite the effort.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Ok. Do we have any videos existing that cover that or do we have to make one?Not sure.

acptulsa
11-02-2011, 07:13 PM

I haven't seen anything that really hits the spot. They're a natural for Paul's message, but we need to package it specifically in the 'you understand what worked better before the federal government got involved, why not help get it uninvolved?' vein. You know, like Reagan did when he said, 'The nine scariest words in the English language are, "We're from the government and we're here to help."' Though we should emphasize federal government, because they remember how much better county governments worked before the feds started making them jump through hoops.

We need some of the senior grass roots to step up and cover their base. All of this guess work by those other-than is kind of laughable, despite the effort.

Well, I'm not quite there, dearie, though I have some snow on the roof. But I have convinced a few septuagenarian Democrats to switch registration to vote for Paul, so maybe you'll have a little faith in what I'm saying...

GeorgiaAvenger
11-02-2011, 07:27 PM
The "He Served" ad features seniors/veterans and I think seniors would like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW08qK0GhHs

The "Trust" ad does a great job of tying Paul to Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDBp1OrCwI&feature=relmfu

Philosophy_of_Politics
11-02-2011, 07:32 PM
The campaign needs an ad dedicated specifically at seniors, because Ron Paul already has mostly a younger (25-35) support group.

bluesc
11-02-2011, 07:34 PM
The campaign needs an ad dedicated specifically at seniors, because Ron Paul already has mostly a younger (25-35) support group.

The two above ads are good. I want one on honoring promises to the seniors. Ron can cut $1T and balance the budget in 3 years without touching social security or medicare dammit, they should be bragging about it. Let every senior know.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM
The two above ads are good. I want one on honoring promises to the seniors. Ron can cut $1T and balance the budget in 3 years without touching social security or medicare dammit, they should be bragging about it. Let every senior know.
Right.

bluesc
11-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Right.

Btw, great idea. +rep

RIPLEYMOM
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes!

beardedlinen
11-02-2011, 08:11 PM

I have the equipment and experience. I would need help with the script though, as I tend to lean towards surreal/abstract film making. I'm also not to sure how keen my buddy with the editing equipment will be. I've been saving up for a macbook of my own for awhile, but some of that money has gone to the campaign.

PastaRocket848
11-02-2011, 08:53 PM
I used to work in video as well and know a lot of people in the business. It would be far too expensive to shoot something though, I'd bet we could have somebody cut something together that would work great. I have no editing skills whatsoever, so those who do can help out lol. We could start a chip in to get it aired.

RDM
11-02-2011, 09:03 PM
I would also suggest if possible include Ron Paul interacting with his grandchildren somewhere in the video. Since this is focused toward seniors and almost all of them are grandparents they can interact with that and it shows his family side. Are there any live video of him with his grandchildren to use?

acptulsa
11-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I would also suggest if possible include Ron Paul interacting with his grandchildren somewhere in the video. Since this is focused toward seniors and almost all of them are grandparents they can interact with that and it shows his family side. Are there any live video of him with his grandchildren to use?

An excellent idea. Don't know about the video, but pics of his granddaughters in their homemade dresses would work very well.

http://i.imgur.com/PtsXm.jpg

McDermit
11-03-2011, 02:35 PM
There should be an ad run during the soap operas and one during wheel of fortune, lol.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-03-2011, 05:07 PM
There should be an ad run during the soap operas and one during wheel of fortune, lol.LOL, those aren't on those channels though

GeorgiaAvenger
11-03-2011, 09:23 PM

beardedlinen
11-03-2011, 09:56 PM
Anyone have an idea for a script?

IterTemporis
11-03-2011, 10:38 PM
What about Carol? I am sure that many elderly women would listen to her. I really think that the campaign should bring her just a bit into the spotlight.

Lord Xar
11-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Someone get this thread to Ron's media contact or perhaps to Wead or Hunter to get some info to him.

I think we need to hit this market too.

McDermit
11-04-2011, 02:15 AM
What about Carol? I am sure that many elderly women would listen to her. I really think that the campaign should bring her just a bit into the spotlight.Yessssss!!! She is so sweet and genuine, and she describes Ron better than anyone else ever could.

She could do a great job of pushing the point that Ron wants to protect and take care of seniors.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-04-2011, 05:02 PM
Someone get this thread to Ron's media contact or perhaps to Wead or Hunter to get some info to him.

I think we need to hit this market too.I wonder how to go about that.

Lord Xar
11-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Contacting Dr. Drew Ivers in the Iowa Office is a good idea too.

Just call the campaign headquarters and get that number, he'll probably answer.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Anyone have an idea for a script?
I think a double edged tactic would be a good idea.

One the one hand, Ron Paul will preserve your medicare and social security, on the other hand he will allow your grandchildren to opt out. How will he pay for this? Stop wasteful overseas spending and make sure we have a strong defense.

HOLLYWOOD
11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
The "He Served" ad features seniors/veterans and I think seniors would like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW08qK0GhHsThis Ad is a Miss... Ron has the least support from Females and especially the highest percentile voting age groups (50+, especially 65+) 9 out 10 seniors are clueless about RP and take their voting orders from corporate media.

This ad, which is correct, missed the opportunity to hit the weakest groups to support Ron Paul.
1.There aren't any woman in the video... especially the faithful spouse/grandmother to appeal to women in the 65+ bracket.
2. A chance to put a middle-aged supportive daughter in the video is missing... providing the support image needed for females in the middle voting groups.
3. Should of ended with a shot of Ron and Carole & family

I wonder if they can edit/insert from the original?

The "Trust" ad does a great job of tying Paul to Reagan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtDBp1OrCwI&feature=relmfuThis is good, but this political ad should reflect, how the people are personally impacted.

Be nice if they could change some of the audio and cgi to reflect... RP policies. trust and how the country change has made us all worse off. RP will fix that.

virgil47
11-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Been screaming this for a while. Do it this way and you don't even have to worry about the powers that be counting it against Ron's spending totals:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?317512-Let-s-Do-an-Attack-Ad!

This is the perfect audience for us--they know we've been led down the garden path in many ways, they know the old ways worked better, they know state governments work better than the federal government, despite everyone saying we don't revere our elders it really isn't true, and they themselves vote!

And not only is RTV a good choice, but any local station that shows Matlock reruns!

Whatever the ad is or says, I think this is the tune to set it to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdqvX-n25gs

I've got a hand-painted picture of 'Cain accused of sexual harassment' followed by Ron and Carol Paul, and 'Romney flip flops again followed by Ron Paul looking like the immovable object that he is...

Of course, that might be candidate-specific enough that we would have to let the campaign know just how much was spent.

This video will grab the older generation right where it counts. The pocket book! Play the sound track then part way through just put up the words "DO RIGHT VOTE for RON PAUL!" Let it play on a sec or two and then put up the words "Ron Paul knows how to put people back to work and and protect social security, Medicare and his fellow seniors as well!" Let the music play on then "DO RIGHT VOTE for RON PAUL!". I am 64 years old and I firmly believe that the combination of this music and lyrics coupled with the words our campaign puts on the screen actually asking older Americans to "DO RIGHT" will have a huge impact.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-09-2011, 07:01 PM
This video will grab the older generation right where it counts. The pocket book! Play the sound track then part way through just put up the words "DO RIGHT VOTE for RON PAUL!" Let it play on a sec or two and then put up the words "Ron Paul knows how to put people back to work and and protect social security, Medicare and his fellow seniors as well!" Let the music play on then "DO RIGHT VOTE for RON PAUL!". I am 64 years old and I firmly believe that the combination of this music and lyrics coupled with the words our campaign puts on the screen actually asking older Americans to "DO RIGHT" will have a huge impact.

That sounds like brainwashing lol

virgil47
11-09-2011, 07:55 PM
That sounds like brainwashing lol

No just appealing to older Americans in a way they will understand. They know the tunes of the past and they understand the words of those tunes. If we can use those tunes to get their attention and them ask them to vote for Ron Paul in a way that relates to their younger days I believe that we have an excellent chance of winning them over. The one thing that Ron Paul has never done to my knowledge is to actually ask the public to vote for him. People want and need to be asked!

GeorgiaAvenger
11-10-2011, 06:21 PM
No just appealing to older Americans in a way they will understand. They know the tunes of the past and they understand the words of those tunes. If we can use those tunes to get their attention and them ask them to vote for Ron Paul in a way that relates to their younger days I believe that we have an excellent chance of winning them over. The one thing that Ron Paul has never done to my knowledge is to actually ask the public to vote for him. People want and need to be asked!

I was talking more about "DO RIGHT VOTE for RON PAUL!"

virgil47
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I was talking more about "DO RIGHT VOTE for RON PAUL!"

Did you actually listen to the words of the song? If you did my meaning should be very clear. Older folks actually listen to and understand the words of the songs from that era. They also understand any double entendre's that may be in those songs.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Did you actually listen to the words of the song? If you did my meaning should be very clear. Older folks actually listen to and understand the words of the songs from that era. They also understand any double entendre's that may be in those songs.Fair enough.

GeorgiaAvenger
11-17-2011, 11:18 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/09/ron-paul%E2%80%99s-plan-preserves-seniors%E2%80%99-benefits-mitt-romney%E2%80%99s-cuts-medicare/

virgil47
11-18-2011, 05:35 PM
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/09/ron-paul%E2%80%99s-plan-preserves-seniors%E2%80%99-benefits-mitt-romney%E2%80%99s-cuts-medicare/

Nice! If only we can figure out a way to include information like this in ads that my generation and those older can readily see. Unfortunately most older folks simply are not computer literate nor do they rely on the web for their news. I would think that mailings with brief, concise points that are targeted at the older generation is most likely the only way to get this type of information into the hands of the elderly. The cover of these mailings would of course have to include a bold statement that would grab their attention and ensure they read the entire mailing. Perhaps something along the lines of "I'm one of you and medicare is important to me". Thoughts?

GeorgiaAvenger
11-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Nice! If only we can figure out a way to include information like this in ads that my generation and those older can readily see. Unfortunately most older folks simply are not computer literate nor do they rely on the web for their news. I would think that mailings with brief, concise points that are targeted at the older generation is most likely the only way to get this type of information into the hands of the elderly. The cover of these mailings would of course have to include a bold statement that would grab their attention and ensure they read the entire mailing. Perhaps something along the lines of "I'm one of you and medicare is important to me". Thoughts?
That would be a great line, i agree

GeorgiaAvenger
12-18-2011, 07:04 PM
I still think this is a good idea to pursue.

virgil47
12-19-2011, 07:28 PM
I still think this is a good idea to pursue.

I agree although it would appear that the campaign has moved from education and information being used to aquire votes to targeting folks in precints using their likes and dislikes that are identified through phone polling.

GeorgiaAvenger
12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
I agree although it would appear that the campaign has moved from education and information being used to aquire votes to targeting folks in precints using their likes and dislikes that are identified through phone polling.
I have noticed that.

The senior vote is still a huge issue though. I think the gallup poll today had Ron getting 40% of the young crowd but just 8% of the 65-over crowd.

Maybe Revpac would be interested in this.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Can Revpac take a look at this? I am not trying to do this simply to promote my idea, but we got killed by the senior vote in Iowa. Destroyed.

virgil47
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Can Revpac take a look at this? I am not trying to do this simply to promote my idea, but we got killed by the senior vote in Iowa. Destroyed.

Yes we did!

acptulsa
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
And after RevPAC looks at this, can it look at this as well:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?347255-Try-It-You-ll-Like-It!

??

GeorgiaAvenger
01-06-2012, 06:58 PM
And after RevPAC looks at this, can it look at this as well:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?347255-Try-It-You-ll-Like-It!

??

Good idea

I know there are some Revpac reps on this site. It would be nice if they could confirm if they have seen these ideas and what they think of them.

Working Poor
01-06-2012, 07:08 PM

Ron could say that his plan saves SSI and while keeping their grand children's future secure. I be these channels have a much better deal on ads than the major networks.

libertythor
01-06-2012, 07:11 PM
+rep for a great idea for improving Ron Paul's numbers with seniors instead of bashing old people.

moonshine5757
01-06-2012, 07:28 PM
If the Ron Paul staff continues to ignore the seniors than this campaign is doomed to fail. He has to focus on the elderly with TV commercials and add senior oriented talking points to his arguments.

acptulsa
01-06-2012, 07:38 PM
If the Ron Paul staff continues to ignore the seniors than this campaign is doomed to fail. He has to focus on the elderly with TV commercials and add senior oriented talking points to his arguments.

Do me a favor? Take 'doomed to fail' out of your vocabulary.

I don't care what the official campaign does or doesn't do. As long as we're on the job, this effort is not doomed to fail. Period. And if you say differently, you're just peddlin' moonshine. And I ain't buying it.

The cart is behind the horse. Where it belongs.