PDA

View Full Version : Paul Ranks Highest Ever in CNN National Poll

kevman657
11-06-2007, 09:31 AM
Y'all might say it's not much, but he was at 1 or 2 every time before this.

He comes in at 5%.

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh08rep.htm

Huck went up some and McCain dropped some. If Paul could get to double digits, he'll be neck to neck with Mitt!

EDIT: My mistake, Fred went down...McCain is still around the same.

jaumen
11-06-2007, 09:33 AM
The polls are pretty much the last thing we have left to conquer.... if he can get into the double-digits, no one will be able to deny him anymore. But I do think the polls are skewed against him, so who knows.

Taco John
11-06-2007, 09:35 AM
They're fixed. We're not going to move up in them but marginally. They'll keep us in single digits, hoping to depress us for primary turnout.

kevman657
11-06-2007, 09:36 AM
I don't think they're fixed (except for Faux), I think the fact that they don't call cell phones is a big reason.

Johnnybags
11-06-2007, 09:37 AM

He comes in at 5%.

Huck went up some and McCain dropped some. If Paul could get to double digits, he'll be neck to neck with Mitt!

Ghouls is really the margin of error lower 22% and Paul is the margin of error higher 11 percent.

paulitics
11-06-2007, 09:38 AM
They aren't fixed, but are flawed. Granted, we have alot of work to do, and we will need more mainstream republicans.

ashlux
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
Ghouls is really the margin of error lower 22% and Paul is the margin of error higher 11 percent.

Why is a MoE ±5 acceptable anyhow? Doesn't that seem a bit high?

entropy
11-06-2007, 09:39 AM
They're fixed. We're not going to move up in them but marginally. They'll keep us in single digits, hoping to depress us for primary turnout.

They will be sorely disappointed with the fruits of their labor!:D

GHoeberX
11-06-2007, 09:40 AM
The polls aren't fixed, but they are skewed. Let's not blind ourselves by saying that the polls are fixed, because there's still a lot of work to do in the real world!

Liberty
11-06-2007, 09:42 AM
And now that Ron Paul has money to pay for advertisements, his name recognition and poll numbers will get better.

Trassin
11-06-2007, 09:43 AM
If you look at the polls where the post a greater range of information (age, gender, race...) the data doesn't look "fixed". The real issue looks to be the low number of people Under 40 polled for various reasons combined with the large number of Over 40 who still haven't heard the message or have heard information that is just wrong.

Really it is an indicator of a difference in life styles / habits between the internet generations and the non-internet generations

garrettwombat
11-06-2007, 09:49 AM
These are the reasons why we dont favor in the polls-

1.The polls only take in to acount past likely republican voters, this excludes our democrat and independant buds. it also excludes people who have never voted before, and first time voters like myself because im so young(19) and have never really been involved with any type of voting locally or nation wide.

2.The polls are only done on land lines... cell phones are not used in the pollings... i dont know anyone, friends or family that even have a land line anymore other than for there computer.

3.A lot of the polls dont include ron paul's name and/or are multiple choice.

i think number 1 has to do with the majority of it.

RevolutionSD
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM

He comes in at 5%.

Funny, because they keep talking about how "Mccain is rising!" yet there is no proof of this in their sacred polls.

I honestly think the point of having all these so-called top-tier candidates in the race is to dilute RP and confuse the average voter into just picking "the guy who has the best chance". Pure brainwashing.

RevolutionSD
11-06-2007, 09:55 AM

1.The polls only take in to acount past likely republican voters, this excludes our democrat and independant buds. it also excludes people who have never voted before, and first time voters like myself because im so young(19) and have never really been involved with any type of voting locally or nation wide.

2.The polls are only done on land lines... cell phones are not used in the pollings... i dont know anyone, friends or family that even have a land line anymore other than for there computer.

Good solid quick analysis.

jd603
11-06-2007, 09:56 AM
I disagree, they might not be lying about the numbers, the problem is how they get those numbers is biased against Paul. ,,, and probably on purpose.

I don't think they're fixed (except for Faux), I think the fact that they don't call cell phones is a big reason.

FreedomLover
11-06-2007, 09:58 AM

You forgot one

4. 60% of the american people have never heard of Ron Paul. Which is probably around 80-90% for those 45 years old and older, where ron paul does the worst in terms of polling.