PDA

View Full Version : Letter: This soldier supports Ron Paul for president

low preference guy
11-02-2011, 06:07 PM
From an Iowan publication (http://www.westbranchtimes.com/article.php?id=7547):

Why the military and veterans support Ron Paul over any candidate and Barack Obama and you should too:
Part 1

1. Deficit: Ron Paul is the only candidate that offers a balanced budget. A quick history lesson will show you that every great nation has fallen by spreading themselves out too far and lacked the ability to sustain their government over time. Two great examples are the Roman Empire and the Soviet Union. Ron Paul has a plan to get rid of the 900 bases in over 130 countries we have and instead using those resources to secure our borders. Dr. Paul has a plan to limit foreign aid to other countries allowing them to become independent or less dependent on the United States. Personally I wonder how much different our lives would be if our legislation would stop increasing our nation’s debt to support other countries.

2. Pro Defense, Anti Militarism: Ron Paul wants to bring troops home all over the world, not just in Iraq and Afghanistan, and use them to secure our borders. He is about securing our borders not spreading democracy through militarism and policing the world. Unlike Barack Obama, who has basically fired myself and several of the soldiers I serve with by freezing re-enlistment, Ron Paul wants to bring us back to secure our borders, especially the Mexican border. This would allow military members to maintain readiness in case of an attack on the U.S., and would not put 50,000 troops out on the streets without a job. The best fact about freezing re-enlistment is that, compared to normal citizens, veteran males are twice as likely to be homeless and veteran females are four times as likely to become homeless.

“We’re being taxed to blow up bridges in Iraq and rebuild them, while ours at home are falling down.” -- Ron Paul

Adam Kofoed, West Branch,

Link (http://www.westbranchtimes.com/article.php?id=7547)

Carole
11-02-2011, 06:31 PM
Great letter. Passed along to others. :)