PDA

View Full Version : GOP pollster makes Herman Cain accusation-(Politico)

IndianaPolitico
11-02-2011, 02:39 PM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1111/67473.html

"Veteran Republican pollster and former National Restaurant Association employee said Wednesday morning that Herman Cain sexually harassed a woman at an Arlington, Va., restaurant in the late 1990s.

Chris Wilson, now the principal of an Oklahoma-based GOP consulting firm, said in an interview on Oklahoma City's KTOK radio station that the episode took place in the neighborhood where Cain kept an apartment when he headed the restaurant trade group.

Continue Reading

"This occurred at a restaurant in Crystal City (Virginia), and everybody was aware of it," Wilson said on the station. "It was only a matter of time because so many people were aware of what took place, so many people were aware of her situation, the fact she left — everybody knew with the campaign that this would eventually come up."

In an interview with POLITICO, Wilson said he was present for the episode and that it took place in the late '90s.

Wilson declined to say specifically what Cain said or did to the woman, but that the CEO's actions made other individuals at the table uneasy.

"It was very uncomfortable," said the pollster, recalling that other individuals present asked Cain to stop.

Wilson said there were at least three other people at the gathering but wouldn't share the name of the woman for publication.

The Cain campaign didn't respond to an email asking if they had a comment on the incident.

Wilson is a Rick Perry supporter and does polling for a Super PAC that supports the Texas governor's presidential bid.

The pollster requested that POLITICO make clear that he has not shared this story with any of his clients and that he was not the source for the original story Sunday on the two women who complained about Cain at the association."

Bruno
11-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Bam!!

CaptainAmerica
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/11/Herman-Cain-sexual-harassment-accuser--560559/1

A former pollster for the National Restaurant Association told an Oklahoma radio station that he witnessed an incident behind one of the sexual harassment complaints against Herman Cain.

The woman spoke to AP on condition of anonymity, fearing retaliation from Cain. The incidents the third woman described occurred about the same time two of her co-workers settled separate sexual harassment claims against Cain, who headed the association from 1996-1999.

CaptainAmerica
11-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Bam!!
double bam. A woman spoke about what he did,and a coworker witnessed it and he spoke up about it.

PastaRocket848
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
ruh roh raggy.

IndianaPolitico
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/10/train.jpg

The Cain train is derailing...

JoshLowry
11-02-2011, 02:44 PM
"It was only a matter of time because so many people were aware of what took place, so many people were aware of her situation, the fact she left — everybody knew with the campaign that this would eventually come up."

This is scripted theatre we are watching play out.

Designed to fail once the distracting is done.

IndianaPolitico
11-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Yeah, we need to get our info on Gingrich ready...

Tina
11-02-2011, 02:45 PM
All over CNN right now.

affa
11-02-2011, 03:14 PM
he's done.

and yes, this was all theater. something so obviously 'out there' to those in the know was not a surprise. bachman, perry, cain... this is all distraction. as with any magic trick, if you keep people distracted you can get away with almost anything. in this case, the goal is to stop Ron Paul in any and every way possible.

RDM
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM

Welcome to the world of "PyschoPolitics"

RDM
11-02-2011, 03:22 PM
Yeah, we need to get our info on Gingrich ready...

True enough, but to understand this game, you have to realize this is all being played out to shield Romney. We got to double down on exposing both.

tfurrh

Is that why he bashed Ron so much?

sailingaway
I think it is as simple as his so called 'policy positions'. He wasn't there to win, but to look scrappy, get a following, and clinch a job at a network, or something similar.

NeoconTea
11-02-2011, 03:23 PM
Is that why he bashed Ron so much?
and Perry too

D.A.S.
11-02-2011, 03:24 PM
I think it is as simple as his so called 'policy positions'. He wasn't there to win, but to look scrappy, get a following, and clinch a job at a network, or something similar.

He said repeatedly he doesn't want a TV show ;-)

But he also said call up the Federal Reserve if you have any questions, so....

eleganz
11-02-2011, 03:31 PM
Stay tuned for later today folks when Cain breaks the record in facebook likes because of this news.

misconstrued
11-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Stay tuned for later today folks when Cain breaks the record in facebook likes because of this news.

"Likes" != Endorsement

PastaRocket848
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Likes != anything... to be more precise ;)

Maximus
11-02-2011, 03:38 PM
If this is scripted, I think they derailed him too early.

Brett85
11-02-2011, 03:46 PM
"Wilson is a Rick Perry supporter and does polling for a Super PAC that supports the Texas governor's presidential bid."

That's all you need to know about that. It wouldn't surprise me if Perry's campaign was actually politico's source. I think that information will come out eventually.

PastaRocket848
11-02-2011, 03:49 PM
it's not scripted. jesus christ, does everything have to be a conspiracy? it's hundreds of news organizations that hate each other working independently.. you all act like their is some magic news-man 8-ball they all have to ask permission from to print a story. this is politics. i know it's not as elaborate and fantastical as some vast media conspiracy, but trust me, i worked in the news i know, rival outlets are NOT friendly and they certainly DO NOT coordinate with one another in any manner. talking points go out to the "mouths" (hannity, rush, etc), and the rest of the media just regurgitates what came over the wire.

low preference guy
11-02-2011, 03:51 PM
it's not scripted. jesus christ, does everything have to be a conspiracy?

exactly. moreover, Cain is the most supportive of establishment policies besides Romney.