PDA

View Full Version : I Got Neal Boortz To Say "I'll take to heart your criticism on Ron Paul"

pennycat
11-06-2007, 09:14 AM
Made an impassioned plea to Boortz to stop just talking Libertarian slogans and show some love to the one candidate out there that is gaining tremendous support. Told him, "I know you don't agree with RP's foreign policy. But come on Ron Paul is running for president and broke all sorts of fundraising records yesterday. We could really use some help here."

He came back with the classic 'islamofacism' is the most important issue in this election. I reminded him that there is no one talking Libertarian issues other than Paul. And we don't just talk we back it up with action and money from our own pocket book.

He finally said, "Your criticism is well taken. I'll take it to heart and talk about the stuff that I do agree with Ron Paul on."

Moral of story: spot them some points for helping the cause, then ask them to do more.

Well, it's a partial victory;-)
Nick Egoroff
Orlando Ron Paul Meetup Organizer
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/184/
Edit/Delete Message

JPFromTally
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
That's a good point. Good job.

DrNoZone
11-06-2007, 09:17 AM
Great work!

The Dane
11-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Youtube or it did't happen.

;)

ButchHowdy
11-06-2007, 09:21 AM
O . . . so that was YOU you big galoop!

Show some Love!

davidhperry
11-06-2007, 09:23 AM
Cool - good going Nick!

pennycat
11-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Yeah, that's me. If we could only get Boortz to give a little bit of help, it would be huge!

traviskicks
11-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Great job, calling into talk show hosts is a great way to get out the message.

Dlynne
11-06-2007, 09:53 AM
What an excellent and constructive way to communicate with the media! We really need to learn from this and go forward with with a positive attitude.

IowaSupport
11-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Impressively awesome - way to go!

werdd
11-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Youtube or it did't happen.

;)

qft

YOUTUUUUUUUUBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ButchHowdy
11-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Neal and Jaime Dupree are talking - It was NEAL that brought up RP!@!

ladyliberty
11-06-2007, 11:29 AM
hooray nick! my dad is huge neyl boortz fan - if neil sez it it is so in his mind!

parke
11-06-2007, 11:30 AM
great job!

Shellshock1918
11-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Awesome job.

jnpg
11-06-2007, 11:33 AM
asking him to please rethink his position on Iraq and how in line he is with Ron Paul. He is softening. Anyone contacting him- stay very professional. He has said that RP's supporters are his biggest problem. You know how that whole guilt by association thing goes- one bad apple- blah blah blah.

Great job calling in!

Keep it up everyone!

tnvoter
11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Great job, Neal needs to start waking up

thomj76
11-06-2007, 11:43 AM
I used this line of logic this weekend as we stumped a fair:

When it came to Afghanistan, Ron Paul voted to go in. When it came to Iraq, because there was such an extended amount of time for preparation, in my opinion, it no longer falls under the War Powers Act. In fact, Ron Paul made a motion to declare war within the International Relations Committee. It was defeated within committee with the responses ranging from "That's an anachronism; thats not how we do war today" to "That's frivolous!".

What becomes crucial here to realize is that Congress dropped the ball. Despite their public rhetoric, they are unwilling to be seen as "against the troops", and as such have continued to fund this operation to fulfill UN Resolutions. Both of which were achieved within the first few months, if not weeks, in Iraq. In essence, our troops were without solid strategic orders and direction. They acted as bait to try and draw people to attack them.

If war would have been declared, it projects a much more unified front to the country and the world, when it can not be viewed as an Executive Branch action, and it is done in the proper Constitutional manner.

I will now cite the "Texas Straight Talk Article" that I first received after joining the Grassroots movement.

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2007/tst052107.htm

Aside from citing the online article, the rest above I beloved worked very effectively in getting people to think about what is supposed to be the proper way to go to war when there is enough time to do so.

thomj76
11-06-2007, 03:38 PM
Bump for Logic's Sake

ronpaulitician
11-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Honey works :)