PDA

View Full Version : Mitt Romney interesting speculation at redstate about source of the Cain sexual harassment allegation

sailingaway
11-02-2011, 12:33 PM
story

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2011/11/02/interesting-twist-on-the-cain-sexual-harassment-allegations/

LisaNY
11-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Not fair to blame Romney without any proof.

specsaregood
11-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Much more likely it is a last ditch effort by Perry/Rove. It was Cain that got all the past Perry support.

And isn't redstate a perry supporting turd of a site? So makes sense they would point fingers at Romney. There is a saying around here...Ye who smelt it, dealt it.

Aratus
11-02-2011, 12:52 PM
RAND PAUL IS GIVING HERMAN CAIN THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT. lets be devils advocate. lets assume anita hill was basically correct about justice thomas, but that these accusations against herman cain are exagerated but were on a back burner for almost two decades. lets assume the rumors about rick perry are an outright slam with little substance. i am assuming it aint rick perry who cut this loose. this is more d.c and clever. lets assume rick perry has more on his hands now, as he tries to explain away N.H footage of how as a sober after dinner speaker he did have an unknown comic potential in his early youth. lets get real. mitt or barack. there are only two major monolyths on the political landscape that fear a populistic discontent finding a brash bold crusading CEO who'd have to be told how up to date both Chinas are in terms of high tech etc. AND KEEP IN MIND we all know doctor ron paul places his debates purely on the issues of the day. mitt is hoping for flipflop wiggle room. i think he felt sorta crowded. especially when herman cain began to flipflop in a very similar manner. mitt is slick. his utah, michigan & mass people could have cut this loose quicker than you can say "aquabuddha" but they maybe might have held back due to the fact that pore lonesome trey grayson's stances on the issues were so close to mitt romney's at one point. right! so lets don't rule potus out. if his chicago people have it looking like gentleman mitt ain't no gentleman, then cool. potus is closer to his goal, re-election. i am sore torn. mitt is slick, but so is potus. it ain't us...

Deborah K
11-02-2011, 12:55 PM
The first thought that came into my head when I heard about this scandal, was that another campaign was behind it....

specsaregood
11-02-2011, 01:01 PM
RAND PAUL IS GIVING HERMAN CAIN THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT.
I don't see it that way; it has nothing to do with Cain; but rather Rand calling out the media for its habit of using anonymous sources to smear people.

Kords21
11-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Lot of circumstantial evidence there connecting Romney to the idea that his campaign is behind this. I doubt very much the liberal side of the media is behind this, really wouldn't serve their interest. What I mean by that is that I would think they would be holding any "Trump cards" until someone wins the nomination and then have at it. Only a fellow Republican candidate would have something to gain by Cain's numbers falling. I still think Rove had something to do with this. This seemd to all start after Cain accused Rove of trying to destroy him and talking bad about him. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It's starting to turn into a "Who did it?"

bluesc
11-02-2011, 01:04 PM
I don't see it that way; it has nothing to do with Cain; but rather Rand calling out the media for its habit of using anonymous sources to smear people.

Yes, that is exactly what he was doing, but it wasn't necessary. They quoted Rand and asked Ron, and unless he doubled down, it was another case of those Cain-loving conservatives thinking "I wish his son was running, I would vote for him"

Ron didn't double down. The media take what Rand says and question Ron about it, as if Rand is a spokesman for the campaign. I guess he is now.

Aratus
11-02-2011, 01:05 PM

woodrow wilson was incapable of slightly sleazy mud slinging. mike dukakis didn't mud sling.
mitt romney is more flexible in his M.O. and our politics gets spectator sport interesting...
its quite fair to really look in mitt's direction at this point, as well as our potus's in d.c!

Aratus
11-02-2011, 01:08 PM
my initial reaction to the aquabuddha rumors was to doubt them.
i even posted my doubts in 2010 at rand's forum. period. seriously.
i'd have cut mr. cain some slack even if rand had been totally quiet.

Brian4Liberty
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
There's no evidence there. Mitt might benefit and have a motivation, so you never know. Then again, RedStaters love Cain and Perry, and hate Romney, so they have a motive to throw out unsubstantiated rumors.

LisaNY
11-02-2011, 01:12 PM
meh, his guess is just as good as ours. For all we know the clintons did it.

BernardoEmerick
11-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe I'm being a little sadist, but I'm enjoying what's happening a lot. I'll fell pretty bad if it turns out that Mr. Cain was inocent in all this - which I doubt, given that he's lying his ass off.

What we are starting to witness is the what can develop into a point-fingering war. Now, Romney is the suspect, but Perry is not free of any charges. So, probably, Cain's supporters won't go to neither. And both - Perry and Romney's - rejections should grow. Bachmann won't have Cain's support neither, since she's attacking him.

So, it all comes about to Newt. But we all now he's a weak candidate.

History is conspiring in favor of Ron, apparently!

ItsTime
11-02-2011, 01:25 PM
It was bound to come out anyway. You can not just hide something like this forever.

sailingaway
11-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Much more likely it is a last ditch effort by Perry/Rove. It was Cain that got all the past Perry support.

And isn't redstate a perry supporting turd of a site? So makes sense they would point fingers at Romney. There is a saying around here...Ye who smelt it, dealt it.

So here is where that saying came from?....

I don't jump to conclusions. It is as interesting to me that redstate is SAYING this as what the ultimate facts are.

11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
It was Rove. The guy who used to work with Cain who just came forward as witnessing the harassment, Wilson, went on to work with Rove. Now Rove works for Perry.

wgadget
11-02-2011, 01:50 PM
Lot of circumstantial evidence there connecting Romney to the idea that his campaign is behind this. I doubt very much the liberal side of the media is behind this, really wouldn't serve their interest. What I mean by that is that I would think they would be holding any "Trump cards" until someone wins the nomination and then have at it. Only a fellow Republican candidate would have something to gain by Cain's numbers falling. I still think Rove had something to do with this. This seemd to all start after Cain accused Rove of trying to destroy him and talking bad about him. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. It's starting to turn into a "Who did it?"

But how would it help Romney, if he's polling ahead of Cain in most polls? Michael Medved even said that it would hurt Romney if Cain dropped out.

I'm thinking more like it's Santorum. It's his style.

Kords21
11-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Maybe his internal polling showed that Cain was starting to take support away from Romney and that's why he "did this". At this point there's more speculation than facts. Just stay tuned to see what happens next.

sailingaway
11-02-2011, 02:14 PM
It was Rove. The guy who used to work with Cain who just came forward as witnessing the harassment, Wilson, went on to work with Rove. Now Rove works for Perry.

Does Rove really work for Perry? I hadn't seen that. I thought Rove was solidly on the Bush side of the Bush/Perry divide.

11-02-2011, 02:30 PM
Does Rove really work for Perry? I hadn't seen that. I thought Rove was solidly on the Bush side of the Bush/Perry divide.

Maybe working for is an overstatement on my part, I know he's not on the payroll. But who else in the Primary could Rove be pushing for? It's not Romney. Maybe I'm wrong about the Perry part, but I'm sure Rove is behind outing this scandal.

SpiritOf1776_J4
11-02-2011, 03:06 PM

Herman Cain is cowardly. He's blamed all Muslims for things too.

In fact, whenever Herman Cain is questioned about anything, he usually turns it around and attacks the questioner.

In fact, he's supporters may support him because they think he's tough on Muslims, etc, but this isn't tough. He's attacking women and reporters for doing their jobs, and way too aggressively.