PDA

View Full Version : Obama: God Wants To See Us Put People Back To Work

bobbyw24
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
President Barack Obama spoke in front of the Key Bridge, which spans Arlington, Va. and Washington, this morning, urging Congress to pass the infrastructure piece of his jobs plan, the American Jobs Act.

"If Congress tells you they don't have time, they got time to do it. We've been in the House of Representatives, what have you guys been debating? John (Speaker John Boehner), you've been debating a commemorative coin for baseball? You have legislation reaffirming that In God We Trust is our motto. That's not putting people back to work. I trust in God, but God wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work," Obama said.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2011/11/02/obama_pushes_jobs_bill_god_wants_to_see_us_put_peo ple_back_to_work.html

oyarde
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
What bs , if Obama would check in with God , I am sure he would be told govt does not create jobs :)

jkr
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
that's right baRRy. "back to ( what WE will deffine as "work") work, $LAVE"!

Miss Annie
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
Ewww...... should have had pepto first. :(

flightlesskiwi
11-02-2011, 11:26 AM
I trust in God The State, but God The State wants to see us help ourselves by putting people back to work," Obama said.

fixed it for him.

Seraphim
11-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I'm pretty sure God opposes serfdom and slavery.

Details...right Barry?

Sola_Fide
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM
"Trust in the State...er...I mean...God...to put us back to work." -Barry

What kind of twisted ignorance must Barry have to think that it was government, not the market, that produced the prosperity of the 19th century in America?

flightlesskiwi
11-02-2011, 11:36 AM
"Trust in the State...er...I mean...God...to put us back to work." -Barry

What kind of twisted ignorance must Barry have to think that it was government, not the market, that produced the prosperity of the 19th century in America?

the same kind of twisted ignorance that gave Paul Krugman a nobel prize in economics.

and the same kind of twisted ignorance that refuses to take away Obombya's nobel peace prize after he uses authoritarian uni- and multilateralism military command to kill tens of thousands of people and assassinate american citizens.

sirgonzo420
11-02-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty sure God opposes serfdom and slavery.

Details...right Barry?

Depends....

There is much slavery and serfdom to be had in the Bible, for example.

nbhadja
11-02-2011, 12:48 PM
Hey Obama, god probably opposes murdering countless innocent people for the sake of defending US corporate interests overseas.