PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck: I don't like any of the GOP candidates

AuH20
11-02-2011, 09:27 AM
He's right in that the field is pathetic. Ron is good but he's not exciting in the typical "let's go rip out their heart" mold.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1252106994001/

sparebulb
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Glenn who? Oh yea, I think I remember that guy. Didn't he choke and stroke himself to death in a hotel room in Hong Kong or something? Or was it that he had to have his stomach pumped from serving as pivot man in a circle jerk at a bathhouse in 'Frisco. Or did he OD on bourbon and ruffies and choke on his vomit and die sometime back?

Whatever/whoever he was, I'm not thinking that he's too relevant anymore. As if he ever was.

messana
11-02-2011, 09:38 AM
What does he mean nobody in the race believes in anything?

jkr
11-02-2011, 09:41 AM
ron just does not want to kill lots o people...yeah i h8 that

wake up glen, you are making it worse

trey4sports
11-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I thought he liked Santorum? lolz. GB = epic fail

FreeTraveler
11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Glenn Beck: I don't like any of the GOP candidates

I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

A Son of Liberty
11-02-2011, 09:49 AM
The other day he had Pat Buchanan on, and said, "I just don't see anyone in the GOP field who'll be true to the Constitution... Do you see anyone like a Reagan or a founder in the field?"

More disappointing than Glenn was Pat saying that he agreed...

Ronulus
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Glenn Beck just pumping up his EGO for his run in 2016.

sparebulb
11-02-2011, 09:53 AM
The other day he had Pat Buchanan on, and said, "I just don't see anyone in the GOP field who'll be true to the Constitution... Do you see anyone like a Reagan or a founder in the field?"

More disappointing than Glenn was Pat saying that he agreed...

Pat Buchanan has been letting us down this time around. He was very good to RP in '08.

I guess Pat has just given up on America.

Kords21
11-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Me: I don't like any of the conservative talking heads on radio

eduardo89
11-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Pat Buchanan has been letting us down this time around. He was very good to RP in '08.

Can't really blame him.

Ronulus
11-02-2011, 10:11 AM
Remember Buchanan was the one on Freedom Watch that said he would support Romney.

sparebulb
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Remember Buchanan was the one on Freedom Watch that said he would support Romney.

Evidently, the real Pat Buchanan has been killed and been replaced with Crab People.

http://rubenerd.com/uploads/screenie.sp.crabpeople.jpg

Athan
11-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Glenn has become an irrelevant political figure. His fall began with his attack on his own supporter at that time Debra Medina (A Ron Paul supporter and genuine Patriot) as he and his radio testical were part of the Perry campaign. Now that Perry has flopped, Glenn is clueless as he was always his supporter. Good riddance to that fool.

pcosmar
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
Glenn has become an irrelevant political figure.

Good riddance to that fool.
First mistake is thinking of him as a "political figure".

He is a Propagandist. A professional manipulator of opinions.

Nothing more,,nothing less.

seyferjm
11-02-2011, 12:29 PM
Who cares what he says regarding the candidates. He called Bachmann and Santorum his "principled" choices for President. He used to seem like he was going in a Ron Paul like direction, but now that he love Israel more the USA that seems to changing dramatically.

Athan
11-02-2011, 12:46 PM

Can't argue with that. Thanks. +1 on your rep.

The Free Hornet
11-02-2011, 02:53 PM
He's right in that the field is pathetic. Ron is good but he's not exciting in the typical "let's go rip out their heart" mold.

Ron Paul is exciting in every important manner. It is mainstream media people like Glenn that have twisted expectations and want a big government. Everything else is just an excuse. They would vote for "rah rah" libertarians if that is what they wanted. Plenty of idiots can and do run for office.

The truth is that Glenn is a big government statist. He can't get excited about liberty so that is another excuse for continuing the "mostly libertarian" facade (he isn't a little bit libertarian). But I feel bad about deducting (-1) from you. There is only one candidate whom we can positievely expect will reduce the size and scope of government. It scares the shit out of Glenn, Rush, and Hannity.

AuH20
11-02-2011, 03:08 PM
Ron Paul is exciting in every important manner. It is mainstream media people like Glenn that have twisted expectations and want a big government. Everything else is just an excuse. They would vote for "rah rah" libertarians if that is what they wanted. Plenty of idiots can and do run for office.

The truth is that Glenn is a big government statist. He can't get excited about liberty so that is another excuse for continuing the "mostly libertarian" facade (he isn't a little bit libertarian). But I feel bad about deducting (-1) from you. There is only one candidate whom we can positievely expect will reduce the size and scope of government. It scares the shit out of Glenn, Rush, and Hannity.

Ron has no killer instinct like Goldwater, Buchanan or even his son. Those three all could turn on a switch to their nasty side, when they are attacked over the line. Voters like moxie as I do and Ron for whatever reason doesn't possess it. He's supposedly the defender of the constitution but rarely exhibits the fervor to galvanize a nation.

Zap!
11-02-2011, 04:55 PM

No, Ron Paul gave up on Pat and social conservatives by voting to repeal DADT, among other things. I too was much more enthused about Paul in 2008. While I will certainly vote for him, I feel he's been disappointing on some issues.

Zap!
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM

I think Pat was mis-quoted. Judge was talking about Ron Paul running as an indy. Pat went on to say "If Romney got the nomination I would endorse him publicly." I take it as Pat talking about Ron Paul. Starts at 9:20.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/1229651614001/the-suicide-of-a-superpower/

matt0611
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
I can't take anyone seriously who says none of the candidates want to follow the constitution when Ron Paul is staring you straight in the face.

I just don't "get" Beck.
I don't "get" what he wants.

gerryb
11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I can't take anyone seriously who says none of the candidates want to follow the constitution when Ron Paul is staring you straight in the face.

I just don't "get" Beck.

Really??

matt0611
11-02-2011, 06:14 PM
Really??

Yes, though I don't follow Beck very closely.
I'm guessing its just an ego thing?

heavenlyboy34
11-02-2011, 06:18 PM

Yep. He never was sincerely interested in any sort of libertarian or constitutionalist cause. He played mini-libertarian for a little while, which was amusing.

AGRP
11-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Of course Beck can't support anyone if he wishes to appear to be "bold." He can't endorse Paul because hes busy slobbing the nobs of those who own him and he can't endorse the establishment because he would lose his credibility as "bold." Hes already stated he loves several establishment banksters and he's laughed at every time he does it. In an odd way, Beck resembles the Federal Reserve. He wishes to be a libertarian, yet hes anything but.

Bruno
11-02-2011, 07:46 PM
I guess Beck is holding out for the impossibility one of the candidates will follow the Constitution 101% of the time.

BuddyRey
11-02-2011, 07:57 PM
Beck says he likes the Constitution, but I think he likes the government of Israel just a little bit more.

PreDeadMan
11-02-2011, 07:58 PM
here's a special message from me to Glenn Beck :
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/AngryCat.jpg

COpatriot
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM
here's a special message from me to Glenn Beck :
http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/AngryCat.jpg
+Rep for you sir.

TNforPaul45
11-02-2011, 10:00 PM

I just don't "get" Beck.

Glenn Beck doesnt know what he wants either. Thats what happens when you let emotions and feelings guide your thoughht process instead of sound ideas.

NewRightLibertarian
11-02-2011, 10:10 PM
Ron has no killer instinct like Goldwater, Buchanan or even his son. Those three all could turn on a switch to their nasty side, when they are attacked over the line. Voters like moxie as I do and Ron for whatever reason doesn't possess it. He's supposedly the defender of the constitution but rarely exhibits the fervor to galvanize a nation.

I disagree with your repeated assertion that he lacks 'moxie'. He has balls for talking about all of these issues for so many years and taking so much shit from so many assholes. He just takes the high road and is a gentleman, and I don't see that as a problem.

It is unfortunate though to see Buchanan and Beck not talking up Ron Paul. Beck's pro-Israel garbage is probably why he doesn't consider Paul a legitimate candidate, but I don't know why Buchanan wouldn't support Ron Paul. He has talked about Ron running third party though before in a favorable way.

I just don't "get" Beck.

I like the guy because he seems solidly anti-Fed and recommended Austrian Economics and 'The Creature from Jeckyl Island' to his followers, but I think his pro-Israel streak blinds him to true liberty.

nf7mate
11-02-2011, 10:13 PM

I just don't "get" Beck.

Beck wants to sell books, increase his ratings, and make truckloads of money, even if by amoral and evil means. Money is his motivation. He is a lying liar who lies. He is a pernicious, odious little vermin and should be ignored. What he did to Debra Medina is despicable. Did I mention he is a liar?

Miss Annie
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Sometimes when some people don't like you........ that can say GOOD things about you instead of BAD!

Feeding the Abscess
11-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Beck: "You know how many people would use heroin tomorrow if it were legal? Everybody!"

A day or so after Ron's heroin remarks.

Miss Annie
11-02-2011, 10:41 PM
LOL! I certainly would not go out and use it! I would not use crack either!
God gives people free will, why shouldn't the government?

AGRP
11-02-2011, 10:49 PM
Beck: "You know how many people would use heroin tomorrow if it were legal? Everybody!"

A day or so after Ron's heroin remarks.

Yeah.

Beck has a well publicized substance abuse problem. Just because he would doesn't mean everyone else would.

Anti Federalist
11-02-2011, 10:51 PM
Yeah.

Beck has a well publicized substance abuse problem. Just because he would doesn't mean everyone else would.

Nothing, nothing, I mean nothing, in this world is more self righteous and obnoxious than an evangelizing former addict.

angelatc
11-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Yes, though I don't follow Beck very closely.
I'm guessing its just an ego thing?

Beck is apparently confused by the contradictions he finds when trying to balance his positions on foreign policy and the Constitution. He hasn't figured out that they can't balance.

A Son of Liberty
11-03-2011, 04:50 AM
I disagree with your repeated assertion that he lacks 'moxie'. He has balls for talking about all of these issues for so many years and taking so much shit from so many assholes. He just takes the high road and is a gentleman, and I don't see that as a problem.

It is unfortunate though to see Buchanan and Beck not talking up Ron Paul. Beck's pro-Israel garbage is probably why he doesn't consider Paul a legitimate candidate, but I don't know why Buchanan wouldn't support Ron Paul. He has talked about Ron running third party though before in a favorable way.

I like the guy because he seems solidly anti-Fed and recommended Austrian Economics and 'The Creature from Jeckyl Island' to his followers, but I think his pro-Israel streak blinds him to true liberty.

I heard Andrew Wilkow on Sirius/XM yesterday explain why he can't get behind Ron Paul - Ron's stance on Iran's acquisition of nuclear technology. He said that because Iran has publicly declared ill intent toward the U.S. and it's allies, the U.S. cannot afford a president who will sit idly by and allow the possibility of Iran making good on those declarations.

It struck me at that moment that what folks like Wilkow are very well attuned to on social issues, they completely miss on foreign policy. What I mean is, Wilkow makes a very sound, logical case that continuing down the spend, spend, spend road domestically will eventually lead to ruin. We can't keep doing what we've been doing. Yet on foreign policy, we've been intervening, intervening, intervening overseas and it will eventually lead to more intervention to prevent more potential threats (without mentioning the financial consequences, of course).

It's a self-fulfilling prophesy, and the only solution is to break the cycle - recognize that much of the anger directed at the U.S. is BECAUSE of the U.S. government's foreign policy for the last 60 or so years.

sparebulb
11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I heard Andrew Wilkow on Sirius/XM yesterday explain why he can't get behind Ron Paul - Ron's stance on Iran's acquisition of nuclear technology. He said that because Iran has publicly declared ill intent toward the U.S. and it's allies, the U.S. cannot afford a president who will sit idly by and allow the possibility of Iran making good on those declarations.

It struck me at that moment that what folks like Wilkow are very well attuned to on social issues, they completely miss on foreign policy. What I mean is, Wilkow makes a very sound, logical case that continuing down the spend, spend, spend road domestically will eventually lead to ruin. We can't keep doing what we've been doing. Yet on foreign policy, we've been intervening, intervening, intervening overseas and it will eventually lead to more intervention to prevent more potential threats (without mentioning the financial consequences, of course).

It's a self-fulfilling prophesy, and the only solution is to break the cycle - recognize that much of the anger directed at the U.S. is BECAUSE of the U.S. government's foreign policy for the last 60 or so years.

I suppose Wilkow would support a pre-emptive strike on North Korea and China. They have both blustered for years about taking down the US. China will soon be able to do it, of course. It could be that they are doing it now with the help of neo-shills like Wilkow.

roversaurus
11-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Strange,

If he wants President Paul to take out Iran then all he has to do is get Congress to declare war.

What does he have against a declaration of war???