PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody help me on webdesign

Karl
06-15-2007, 01:29 AM
I am starting an ambitious project and need somebody to come on board with me because I am limited at what I can do. Anybody interested? I will discuss details privately.

zaphod2016
06-30-2007, 12:41 AM
I do LAMP development. Tell me about the project.

Meistro1
08-01-2007, 05:06 PM
I can help in web design, I am an amateur but I use an extremely powerful open source program called Joomla!. You can view my work at zakyoung.com by clicking on Links -> all the websites were made by me.

Razmear
08-03-2007, 04:05 AM
I use an extremely powerful web development tool called Notepad.
http://FreeSharing.org is my major project.

eb

Spirit of '76
08-03-2007, 05:55 AM

lol

Korey Kaczynski
08-13-2007, 03:19 PM
http://FreeSharing.org is my major project.

eb

Learn vim and you'll thank me at how much more you can accomplish.

For the topic poster: Learn HTML, CSS, MySQL, and PHP. That'll get you started, but it's quite a lot.

themanhere
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
I do web design hit me up with your questions, yeah like the guy suggested above html and css are essential and the very basics of web pages. Then comes server-side scripting like php, and mysql which are good for dynamic sites.

But let me know if you still need help.

*Edit: Just noticed this thread is over a month old

Bodhi
08-17-2007, 02:53 AM
I think the third poster had it right. There is no need for a novice to learn html, css, php... When you can install a content management system. I think Joomla or Drupal would be the way to go.

inibo
08-17-2007, 04:07 AM

He he he

Actually, you should try PFE32 (http://www.baradine.com/ftp/public/Pfe32/?N=D). It has line numbers and macros. Notepad on steroids.

inibo
08-17-2007, 04:10 AM
I think the third poster had it right. There is no need for a novice to learn html, css, php... When you can install a content management system. I think Joomla or Drupal would be the way to go.

Unless you want clean fast code that human beings can read.

Bodhi
08-17-2007, 05:25 AM
Unless you want clean fast code that human beings can read.

Most human beings that I know don't read the code ;)

Drupal is clean and fast im my opinion and it only takes a couple clicks to get "clean urls". If someone who knows nothing about coding wants to create a website then I think a CMS is the best option out there.

I thought the "notepad" post was really funny. You and I get the joke but I don't think someone new to web development would. I do a lot of editing of code in notepad but that isn't offering a real solution to someone looking to make a website right away.

inibo
08-17-2007, 05:46 AM
Most human beings that I know don't read the code ;)

Yeah, I know. That's why there are so many bloated, slow ugly web sites.

Drupal is clean and fast im my opinion and it only takes a couple clicks to get "clean urls". If someone who knows nothing about coding wants to create a website then I think a CMS is the best option out there.

I thought the "notepad" post was really funny. You and I get the joke but I don't think someone new to web development would. I do a lot of editing of code in notepad but that isn't offering a real solution to someone looking to make a website right away.

Yeah, you're probably right. This thread has brought out the purist in me. I have had to go back and work on CMS generated web pages after the wizz-bang consultants have disappeared into the swamp from which they crawled.

Bodhi
08-17-2007, 06:02 AM
I have had to go back and work on CMS generated web pages after the wizz-bang consultants have disappeared into the swamp from which they crawled.

I bet that was a lot of fun! :D

There are some content management systems out there that I would not touch with a ten foot pole. I do however think Drupal is great. I use it for many of my own sites and I have built many sites for clients with it. For a CMS the code is relatively light and it is also SEO friendly.

I appreciate the "purist" in you, no doubt, but for a quick an easy website I will use Drupal every day and twice on Sunday!