PDA

View Full Version : Cain said "call the fed" so I did !!!

dolphin
11-02-2011, 02:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bySbkGY3_bg&feature=player_embedded#!

enoch150
11-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Call back. Ask how magnets work.

Paulistinian
11-02-2011, 03:42 AM
I think I'd like to call up the San Francisco Fed... We should compile a list of great questions and follow up questions to ask them... What are a few good ones?

Is the Federal Reserve part of the government?
Why is it called Federal if it isn't part of the Federal government?
Who owns the Federal Reserve?

michaelkellenger
11-02-2011, 03:52 AM
federalreserve.gov <<<

muh_roads
11-02-2011, 04:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.gov

"Use of the gov domain is restricted to governments entities."

So then they should not be allowed to use the extension, right?

eduardo89
11-02-2011, 04:40 AM
Why are you guys wasting your time? You're not going to find anything! Herman told me so.

WorldonaString
11-02-2011, 04:56 AM
This is great!

Kimmie
11-02-2011, 12:05 PM
thanks for the video. I don't think I can pull it off as well as you.

laura4liberty
11-02-2011, 12:17 PM
This was my husband's conversation with the nice lady in the Educational Branch of the St Louis Federal Reserve Bank: We didn't record, but I was taking notes during the conversation and we filled in what I didn't get down right afterwards...

SH: I was wondering, “Has the FED recently loaned any money to the Europeans in connection with the financial crisis with the Euro?”

FED: I’m sorry, I don’t know why they gave you my #, that’s a decision made by the Board of Governors in DC.. that would have been something they would have to do...

SH: is there anywhere on the website that I can go to follow this information

FED: it would be on the board’s website...if they did anything like that
federalreserve.gov (You should be able to) find anthing that we have done in regards to that situation

SH: I was there and I guess, well, everyone talks about the 16.1 T they loaned out in 2007-2010 period when their balance sheet went from 800 billion to over 2 trillion..... I looked at their website and total assets are now 2.8 trillion... Shouldn’t those loans (16.1T) show up on their balance sheet?

FED: I don’t know

SH: If they loaned out money now, wouldn’t it show up on the balance sheet?

FED: For that specific information you need to go the Board of Governors

SH: Are you familiar with the Federal Reserve’s website?

FED: Yes

SH: Right now the website shows a balance of 2.8 T... am I reading that correctly?

FED: OK

SH: Could they create, for example, $16 trillion and it not show up on their balance sheet?

FED: (in polite exasperation) Sir, I cannot answer that question... you’ll have to call the Board of Governors

SH: Oh, I’m sorry. So, what was their # ?

FED: 202-452-3000

SH: Thank you!

laura4liberty
11-02-2011, 12:20 PM
By the way, YOU CAIN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR from a certain presidential candidate.

laura4liberty
11-02-2011, 12:26 PM
Why are you guys wasting your time? You're not going to find anything! Herman told me so.
What?!!! He told us all to call the Fed if we wanted to know what was going on... Do you have a special relationship with him? Why did he tell you something different? Here's what he told us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhen9QiYai8

JoshLowry
11-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I want to hear more from the guy in blue. You seem to trust him as a source of reliable knowledge.

Does he know something we don't? :)

Fun video albeit you would get more people to watch if you cut it down to 5 minutes of only the best bits.

11-02-2011, 12:41 PM
This is going viral!

Matthew5
11-02-2011, 01:00 PM
What?!!! He told us all to call the Fed if we wanted to know what was going on... Do you have a special relationship with him? Why did he tell you something different? Here's what he told us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhen9QiYai8

I think you missed the sarcasm of eduardo's post. :)

StilesBC
11-02-2011, 01:52 PM
For the last fucking time:

The 16 Trillion was in notional asset swaps. Most often only for a short duration and then rolled over again and again. Yes, this is an abomination. It picks winners and losers by helping those that are in trouble because they acted irresponsibly.

But it does not, nor should it, be added to their balance sheet.

Until we get our bloody numbers straight, Paul opponents have every reason to call us shrill and uneducated. We have legitimate concerns about their operations. Focus on those. The second you start straying into the arcane world of finance that you don't understand is the second you start doing more damage to the campaign than help.

Sorry for the rant. But I've seen this being brought up numerous times and shot it down each time only to see it pop up again like whack-a-mole.

Danke
11-02-2011, 02:10 PM
Are employees of the Federal Reserve covered under the Federal Employees Retirement System?

Someone Else
11-02-2011, 02:12 PM
How come your phone number is in the Business Section of the phonebook, and not the Government Section?

Danke
11-02-2011, 02:15 PM
How come your phone number is in the Business Section of the phonebook, and not the Government Section?

A better question is, why aren't all Federal/State/Local agencies in the business section?

AlexMerced
11-02-2011, 02:24 PM
For the last fucking time:

The 16 Trillion was in notional asset swaps. Most often only for a short duration and then rolled over again and again. Yes, this is an abomination. It picks winners and losers by helping those that are in trouble because they acted irresponsibly.

But it does not, nor should it, be added to their balance sheet.

Until we get our bloody numbers straight, Paul opponents have every reason to call us shrill and uneducated. We have legitimate concerns about their operations. Focus on those. The second you start straying into the arcane world of finance that you don't understand is the second you start doing more damage to the campaign than help.

Sorry for the rant. But I've seen this being brought up numerous times and shot it down each time only to see it pop up again like whack-a-mole.

FTW... so many people are quick to demonize and judge and end up foolish when they don't fully understand the complexity of the feds operations. Everyones is making the right point when they say it causes inflation and undermines the economy, but if you can't articulate accuratley how that is done you will lose credibility quickly to people who'd matter and and hurt the movements credibility.

Other people supporters arn't as educated as we are, but they don't need to defend anti-establishment views, so we have to be 10x more educated.

Birdlady
11-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Wow this lady was datamining a bit don't you all think? Asked for the name of the college, the class and professor name? ... All with a cute laugh and smiling though, so all is good. lol

Also she admits it is not a government agency, but I still find it interesting that the Federal reserve has a .gov web address. Why not federalreserve.com like other private businesses get? ;)

JoshLowry
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow this lady was datamining a bit don't you all think? Asked for the name of the college, the class and professor name? ... All with a cute laugh and smiling though, so all is good. lol

Also she admits it is not a government agency, but I still find it interesting that the Federal reserve has a .gov web address. Why not federalreserve.com like other private businesses get? ;)

+1

FedEx.com < Private entity using .com

USPS.com < Government entity using .com

FederalReserve.com < Does not redirect but is owned by them

FRB.gov < Redirects to FederalReserve.gov

eduardo89
11-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Are employees of the Federal Reserve covered under the Federal Employees Retirement System?

I believe they aren't.

ZanZibar
11-02-2011, 08:54 PM
There is a video of people going to the Fed and walking in the lobby asking to see the books. They were promptly rejected from the facility. I can't find it, but it's on here somewhere.

FSP-Rebel
11-02-2011, 09:10 PM
wut