PDA

View Full Version : Goldline Execs Charged With Fraud

Zatch
11-02-2011, 12:01 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/goldline-execs-charged-fraud/story?id=14857253

The complaint alleges that Goldline "runs a bait and switch operation in which customers, seeking to invest in gold bullion, are switched to highly overpriced coins by using false and misleading claims," according to a statement released by the consumer affairs division of the Santa Monica City Attorney's office.

The company has been charged in the court filing with misdemeanors that include theft by false pretenses, false advertising, and conspiracy, the City Attorney's office said.

emazur
11-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I saw a different article on this and mailed it to Schiff. He's ragged on Goldline many times - dollars to donuts says he'll talk about it on Wednesday's show

kah13176
11-02-2011, 12:10 AM
A lot of these gold dealers advertising on TV I'm very suspicious of. I remember one that came on a couple years ago that was talking about how you could get .999 pure gold coins, but if you got close to the TV and read the fine print, they were really gold plated, yet were being sold as the weight of the whole.

RecoveringNeoCon
11-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Wonder what Glenn Beck is thinkin :eek:

A Son of Liberty
11-02-2011, 02:42 AM
Wonder what Glenn Beck is thinkin :eek:

I've been wondering this very same thing for years now.

cindy25
11-02-2011, 02:58 AM
advertising is expensive, and the customer is the one who always pays for advertising, one way or another.

eduardo89
11-02-2011, 05:12 AM
advertising is expensive, and the customer is the one who always pays for advertising, one way or another.

Especially when millions are being spent on "conservative hero" Glenn beck