PDA

View Full Version : Ted Talk: Nano-tubes and collecting energy from window panes

dannno
11-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Screw the man made global warming part in the beginning, the rest is pretty good.

http://www.ted.com/talks/justin_hall_tipping_freeing_energy_from_the_grid.h tml

dannno
11-02-2011, 01:21 AM
bump

123tim
11-02-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks for that.

Free energy. No Power grids.

Imagine the freedom and liberty that would cause.

Bruehound
11-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Thanks for that.

Free energy. No Power grids.

Imagine the freedom and liberty that would cause.

Tesla sold out to the corporatists. Too bad Edison didn't win the AC vs DC battle.

123tim
11-02-2011, 07:05 AM
Tesla sold out to the corporatists. Too bad Edison didn't win the AC vs DC battle.

Did he sell out, or were his secrets stolen after he died?
You're probably right...he might have sold out. I guess he was keeping those secrets for some reason.

No offense intended by my next comment (Just my opinion here)....I think that Edison was a deceptive opportunist. Check out his history.
Pretty strong words from me, but I think the recorded history of his actions will back me up.

Edit: Took out some strong language about Edison that might have been offensive.

I can see how you may have thought that I was actually talking about Tesla from my comments, but I was actually loosely quoting comments about the new technology talked about in the posted video.

Working Poor
11-02-2011, 07:26 AM

I beg your pardon Tesla was working on giving free electric to the people when JP Morgan shut him down.

I like the TED article BTW

musicmax
11-02-2011, 07:45 AM
If man creates global warming, shouldn't we just be able to harvest energy from Al Gore?

Elwar
11-02-2011, 07:58 AM
Even better than free energy...

easily obtainable energy that can be sold...