PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Mylar Balloons

MoneyMoneyMoney
11-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Was looking into custom printed Ron Paul mylar balloons

I was thinking about a large sign with "Free Ballons" and hand them out at the mall or where ever

it would attract families with kids, present an opportunity to spread the RP word to parents.

The mylar ballons seem to last forever. (does any one know how long). You would have this balloon floating around the house with Ron Pauls name on it for as long as it last (Let them know there are free refills on the helium ). It may be a form of subliminal brainwashing! With the lack of media attention I have no scrupples about boosting RP's name recognition. Besides "that nice man gave me a balloon, why not vote for that Ron Paul guy."

A quick search on the web I saw at $1,000 qty would be $1.10.

Does anyone know the cost of helium? Any RP supporters have resources to make? Anyone else interested in the concept?

Would apprieciate any input.

MoneyMoneyMoney

KCIndy
11-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a great idea! What parent is going to tell their kid "no!" When they want a free balloon?
I'm checking in via BlackBerry right now so I can't research details, but I'll see what I can find next time I'm on with my laptop.

This idea might be best focused on Iowa or NH or other early state, ya think?

DXDoug
11-01-2011, 10:12 PM
the math doesnt seem bad at all. I Feel like were going to roller coaster tycoon era and getting a Ballon. which seriously in the game they werent free as always people NEED BALLONS to walk around with while they are outside. good marketing tool right here

McDermit
11-02-2011, 01:41 AM
BalloonTime Helium tanks (available at Wal-Mart, Michaels, etc.) run $20 for one that fills 12-15 balloons, $35-40 for one that fills 30.

Michael's offers 40%-50% coupons that can be used on a single BalloonTime tank.

Balloonium (sold by AirProducts) is cheaper and comes in more tank sizes, but you need to pay a refundable tank deposit fee. Once you rent a tank the first time, you can get it refilled super cheap (The US federal helium reserve has a price limit that keeps the cost of helium artificially low.) It's just the tank itself that is expensive up front. After campaign season, you can return the Balloonium tank for a refund of the initial deposit.

Any gas company that deals with welding or supplies helium will have tanks available. Balloonium is just a brand that comes with the regulators and everything set, so they are super user-friendly. Every company has their own branded or non-branded tanks. Some companies will make you purchase a regulator and balloon apparatus seperately. And they will all typically require a tank deposit fee. Refills will always be cheap once you have the tank.

McDermit
11-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Float time varies. I've had mylar balloons that stayed up for months (literally--filled one on Valentine's day this year and it was still floating around and tormenting the cat on Easter!!) And some that barely made it 2 days. The standard advertised float time of an 18" mylar balloon is at least 4 days. That's going to vary based on how well the balloon seals, whether it gets punched around and played with heavily, whether it is indoors or out, the purity of your helium, the quality of the balloon (some leak at the seams--it can be such a miniscule amount that you'd never know it, but the balloon will deflate faster than it should,) etc.

You can also purchase a liquid sealant, super hi-float, that can be used on latex balloons and will extend the life of them by up to 4 weeks. A gallon goes pretty far, and you could just use it on the balloons from the Ron paul store... might be more cost effective in the long run.