PDA

View Full Version : Free Government cell phones?!?!?!

icon124
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
So I was walking by a stand today outside ( I live in a city) and there was a pretty big line going around the corner. I go closer to just see what it was and it's free Government cell phones.

If you get food stamps, SSI, or SSDI you are "entitled" to a FREE (YEA RIGHT) cell phone...what the hell is wrong with this country. Everyone just thinks everything is free and the people don't need to do anything productive...our Country is doomed...

what's next a free car?.............

phill4paul
11-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Old news. Been going on a while. I'm out here taking every side job I can and am working for getting away from the cell megacorps.

I wanna go to a pay by minute. Anyone know the best minutes. I'm a pretty old school, talk to the heart of the matter and hang up guy. What's the best for this? Initial investment? Can I use my old phone?

bluesc
11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
Lol, Ron was talking about government guaranteed cell phones the other day and how prices would rise just as they do with education, healthcare, ect.

123tim
11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Tracfone has some sort of program that is subsidized by the government.

About five years ago I found the plan online and thought that it was a really great deal. I got about halfway through the sign-up and got to questions asking about my income, family members, etc.....That's when I realized that it wasn't for me - It was for those "poor" people with a higher income than I have. :)

This may interest you:
"Providing Cellphones for the Poor"
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/15/technology/15cell.html

(I think that this might be similar to what I started signing up for.)