PDA

View Full Version : We need more selling RP, less attacking other candidates.

klamath
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM
The second choice polling numbers are telling a very depressing story. Sure we helped take down Bachmann, sure we helped take down Perry, sure we are trying to take down Cain yet those voters that left all of these candidates did not come to Paul. Bitter attacks on other peoples candidates are not helping RP one bit. He is getting scratched from second choice and that is making the fall of other candidates useless to RP.
I know this won't be received well but we have spend more time selling RP and less attacking other candidates. When a visitor enters these forums they are already dissatified with their candidate and are looking for info on RP, not endless threads attacking other candidates.

Anti Federalist
11-01-2011, 02:48 PM
The second choice polling numbers are telling a very depressing story. Sure we helped take down Bachmann, sure we helped take down Perry, sure we are trying to take down Cain yet those voters that left all of these candidates did not come to Paul. Bitter attacks on other peoples candidates are not helping RP one bit. He is getting scratched from second choice and that is making the fall of other candidates useless to RP.
I know this won't be received well but we have spend more time selling RP and less attacking other candidates. When a visitor enters these forums they are already dissatified with their candidate and are looking for info on RP, not endless threads attacking other candidates.

As much as I would like to say that reason, conviction, logic and consistency are the qualities that draw a person to candidate, they are not.

Otherwise our man would be polling number one.

Sadly, attack ads work, that's why campaigns run them.

In this case nobody had to, they imploded on their own, mostly.

But it's a hard sell to make with Ron Paul with not a lot of time to "close" the deal.

The rank and file GOP is convinced of the need for perpetual warfare, and it's almost impossible to shift them from it.

They've tried all the other flavors, found them lacking and will vote Romney, while complaining about it.

Sola_Fide
11-01-2011, 02:52 PM
I just think we shouldn't attack these other candidates from a leftist angle. To me, that is not productive.

klamath
11-01-2011, 05:44 PM
As much as I would like to say that reason, conviction, logic and consistency are the qualities that draw a person to candidate, they are not.

Otherwise our man would be polling number one.

Sadly, attack ads work, that's why campaigns run them.

In this case nobody had to, they imploded on their own, mostly.

But it's a hard sell to make with Ron Paul with not a lot of time to "close" the deal.

The rank and file GOP is convinced of the need for perpetual warfare, and it's almost impossible to shift them from it.

They've tried all the other flavors, found them lacking and will vote Romney, while complaining about it.
I am talking more about the grassroots actions. Unfortunately you are right that a lot of times attack ads do work but generally in a two person race. When there are more than one candidates people may drift toward those not attacking each other. Note Gringrich coming up after the last debate. If cain implodes which I am no convinced he is going to gringrich may make a surge. 70% of the republicans do not like romney. Ireally think there are enough Republicans sick of war right now to give RP a win if he can sell it right.