View Full Version : DHS-Funded Taser Drone Launched in Texas

John F Kennedy III
11-01-2011, 02:31 PM
DHS-Funded Taser Drone Launched in Texas

UAV used against insurgents in Afghanistan can incapacitate suspects from above

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
Monday, October 31, 2011

A Department of Homeland Security-funded surveillance drone deployed against insurgents in Afghanistan that can also be used to tase suspects from above has been unveiled by the Montgomery County Sheriff’s office and will be operational within a month.

“At $500,000 a pop, Montgomery county spent $250,000 to get the UAV. The rest was covered by a Department of Homeland Security grant,” reports KBTX.com.

Although its initial role will be limited to surveillance, the ShadowHawk Unmanned Aerial Vehicle, previously used against suspected terrorists in Afghanistan and East Africa, has the ability to tase suspects from above as well as carrying 12-gauge shotguns and grenade launchers.

“We look forward to utilizing it in a variety of capacities that protect our employees from harm to the extent possible and to enhance the protection to our citizens and their safety,” said Montgomery County Chief Deputy Randy McDaniel.

The ShadowHawk is a 50lb mini drone chopper that can be fitted with an XREP taser with the ability to fire four barbed electrodes that can be shot to a distance of 100 feet, delivering “neuromuscular incapacitation” to the victim. The drone can travel at a top speed of 70MPH and can operate for 3.5 hours over land and sea.

A video clip of the drone shows off its impressive maneuverability as it tails a suspect attempting to evade capture with sophisticated object tracking technology. Another video shows the drone conducting surveillance of two individuals involved in a firearm transaction.

More powerful military Predator drones are already being used to kill American citizens overseas, including 16-year-old Denver-born Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, prompting fears that drones could be used within the United States to meter out extrajudicial punishment, something that surpasses anything George Orwell predicted in 1984.

The fact that the drone was partly funded with DHS grant money further illustrates how the Department of Homeland Security is determined to turn America into a high-tech police state.

While the federal agency openly flouts immigration laws by authorizing illegal aliens to work in the U.S., billions of dollars have been poured into “homeland security needs” for state and local governments to keep tabs on the American people, including the rollout of a surveillance camera network that is now blanketing major cities across the nation.

Even more Orwellian are proposals also being backed by the federal government to turn street lights into sophisticated surveillance tools that can not only record video and conversations, but also have “homeland security” applications including displaying messages that encourage Americans to report on each other as part of DHS’ ‘See Something, Say Something’ snitch campaign.

Anti Federalist
11-01-2011, 02:51 PM
Why is this a problem?

If you're not doing anything wrong, what's the worry, Mundane?

This sounds subversive, possibly terrorism related.

Reported.

John F Kennedy III
11-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Why is this a problem?

Reported.

Oh no. I'm going to be on a list now....

CaptainAmerica
11-01-2011, 03:02 PM
http://www.thorshield.com/video/index.html

Taser proof equiptment and vests/clothing

It will be available soon. Im sure the drones shooting tasers are nothing compared to the DHS drones that will carry bioweaponry such as tear gas

Sola_Fide
11-01-2011, 03:04 PM
Why is this a problem?

Reported.

See something, say something. You are one patriotic American, sir. Our overlords will bless you now by not targeting you for execution.

CCTelander
11-01-2011, 03:06 PM
I started a thread about this a couple of days ago.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?326954-Houston-SWAT-Operators-Get-Their-Own-Airborne-Weapons-Platform

CCTelander
11-01-2011, 03:08 PM
Just in case anyone still needs to be reminded ...

...the police have NO DUTY to protect an innocent individual's rights and property. The courts in every jurisdiction throughout the US have universally upheld this position. Here's a whole thread on the topic:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=228509

Professional police forces do NOT exist to protect the rights and property of innocent individuals. They were NEVER intended for such a purpose. They exist solely and completely for the purpose of enforcing the will of the power elites, and protecting those power elites against YOU.

In other words they are, in effect, an occupational army whose sole purpose is to oppress YOU. Period.

They violate the rights of innocent individuals every day. They routinely taze, beat and kill innocent people. They destroy their property, bust down their doors, toss their premises and all this without even an apology. They throw innocent people in cages to be abused and raped. They regularly destroy the lives of innocents. They make false charges and then lie in court. The list of police abuses and usurpations goes on, and on, and on.

The cops ARE NOT your friends, EVER.

I'll bump the Myth of Police Protection thread yet again too.

Cowlesy
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
http://www.thorshield.com/video/index.html

Taser proof equiptment and vests/clothing

It will be available soon. Im sure the drones shooting tasers are nothing compared to the DHS drones that will carry bioweaponry such as tear gas

Are they also grenade proof?

The Free Hornet
11-01-2011, 03:14 PM
Don't tase me dro!

John F Kennedy III
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
Don't tase me dro!

Lol nice

ZanZibar
11-01-2011, 03:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr26j99bOAE&feature=player_embedded

Pericles
11-01-2011, 03:45 PM
I'd bet that could be knocked out of the sky for a much less than $500K. Just sayin'.

pcosmar
11-01-2011, 04:40 PM
I'd bet that could be knocked out of the sky for a much less than $500K. Just sayin'.

Yup,, And it could get very expensive replacing them,,, regularly.

CaptainAmerica
11-01-2011, 05:21 PM
Are they also grenade proof? Well I honestly can't see this all becoming normal in society without a major war first.

Anti Federalist
11-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Well I honestly can't see this all becoming normal in society without a major war first.

If you told people about TSA, SWAT raids killing 8 year old kids, surveillance street lamps and Executive assassinations, 30 years ago, they would have said the same thing.

I know, 'cos I was.

CaptainAmerica
11-01-2011, 05:29 PM
If you told people about TSA, SWAT raids killing 8 year old kids, surveillance street lamps and Executive assassinations, 30 years ago, they would have said the same thing.

I know, 'cos I was.

When was that in the 90s? People are getting angrier and more aware. It will come to a point in time where the dictator *cough cough president will have to declare absolute power before its too late for seizing absolute power.

flightlesskiwi
11-01-2011, 05:35 PM
When was that in the 90s? People are getting angrier and more aware. It will come to a point in time where the dictator *cough cough president will have to declare absolute power before its too late for seizing absolute power.

i dunno, CA. while i think a small minority of people that are aware are becoming more aware of their loss of liberty, i don't think more people are becoming aware.

also, i don't think more people are going to wake up until it's entirely too late.

ghengis86
11-01-2011, 05:41 PM

How low and slow are these things flying? There's probably plenty of Texans with a scoped 30-06 hunting rifle; maybe not too many in urban areas but nonetheless I could see these falling from the sky.

But then I think more about it and they'd probably say the drug cartels or terrorist were shooting the drones. Which would lead to a push for microstamped rounds, scatter-shot location systems, evenore surveillance, drones flying even higher just to watch the other drones, etc.

Either way, resistance to the Borg is futile. Conform mundanes. Acceptance is the first step towards understanding your place in our world.

flightlesskiwi
11-01-2011, 05:46 PM
How low and slow are these things flying? There's probably plenty of Texans with a scoped 30-06 hunting rifle; maybe not too many in urban areas but nonetheless I could see these falling from the sky.

But then I think more about it and they'd probably say the drug cartels or terrorist were shooting the drones. Which would lead to a push for microstamped rounds, scatter-shot location systems, evenore surveillance, drones flying even higher just to watch the other drones, etc.

Either way, resistance to the Borg is futile. Conform mundanes. Acceptance is the first step towards understanding your place in our world.

cruises at 30 knots IIRC. and has to have a fairly low ceiling .

an achilles heel will be the video feed. insurgents hacked the us .mil drone video feed with what amounted to basic radio shack equipment. they blamed it on iran, of course: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB126102247889095011.html

the reason the bigger platforms (preds/reaps) aren't being used over urban areas right now is because the FAA is preventing that from happening.

pcosmar
11-01-2011, 06:31 PM
10 ga.would fuck up it's day.

Time to break out the punt guns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7FeeamC4qk

Anti Federalist
11-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Bloody 'ell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7FeeamC4qk

flightlesskiwi
11-01-2011, 07:13 PM
whaaaaa???? what was that!?!!

pcosmar
11-01-2011, 07:19 PM
whaaaaa???? what was that!?!!

Old school.

I know how to harvest geese with a 3 inch pipe.
;)

JK/SEA
11-01-2011, 07:47 PM
I got pretty good with a homemade slingshot, and a nice round rock.

ZanZibar
11-01-2011, 09:20 PM

Time to break out the punt guns.I don't think that's a gun, I think that's a cannon!

pcosmar
11-01-2011, 09:26 PM
I don't think that's a gun, I think that's a cannon!

and your point,,?

Would still give a drone a "very bad day".
;)

Danke
11-01-2011, 09:33 PM
I already have one.