PDA

View Full Version : Tisha Casida 'Light the fires of Liberty Tour' with Michael Badnarik

Tangoland
11-01-2011, 11:00 AM
I am pleased to report that I have been invited to "Light the fires of Liberty" all across Colorado the third week of November. Instead of teaching the eight-hour version of my class, I have been asked to give several two-hour presentations on the Bill of Rights. This is part of a campaign strategy dreamed up by Tisha Casida http://www.casida2012.com who is running for Congress as an independent candidate in Colorado's third district.

Because I find myself "more unemployed" than I was in Texas, any opportunity to make a few dollars must be seriously considered. Combined with the opportunity to continue fighting the ideological war that we are in, the decision to go to Colorado was an easy one. Initial preparations for this trip soon established that the execution of the plan will be slightly more difficult. My research found that Colorado has sixty-four counties. As it turns out, thirty of them are in district three. Imagine a vertical line dividing Colorado in half. District three occupies the western half - and a substantial portion of the southeast quadrant. I chose not to run for the Senate in 2006 because I didn't want to campaign across all of Texas. At least there are no mountains to cross in Texas, and snow is very rare. I have never considered myself a sunshine soldier or summer patriot, but...

My research also revealed that the two major population areas within the district are centered around Pueblo, where Tisha's campaign headquarters is located, and Grand Junction near the western edge of the state. I've include a tentative schedule below, but we will begin and end in Colorado Springs, traveling to Grand Junction early, and then working our way back to Pueblo at the end of the week. If you live in Colorado or know someone who does, please invite them to attend one of the several sessions listed in the schedule. Each session is free and open to the public, and each will be followed by a few words from Tisha and a brief fund raiser. Even if you are unable to attend, please contribute generously to Tisha's campaign so she doesn't have to pay my expenses out of her own pocket. You can contribute online right now at http://www.casida2012.com, or send a check to:
Casida for Congress
P.O. Box 1471
Pueblo, Colorado 81002

Here is the tentative schedule for my visit. The presentations Thursday and Friday will all be held at the Casida campaign headquarters, located in the Historic Federal Building in Pueblo. The address is 421 North Main Street. All other venues will be listed on my website as soon as they are confirmed.
11/12 - Saturday Colorado Springs 3 sessions (10-1; 2-5; 6-9)
11/14 - Monday Grand Junction 3 sessions (10-1; 2-5; 6-9)
11/15 - Tuesday Fruita 1 session (10-1)
11/15 - Tuesday Clifton 1 session (3-6)
11/16 - Wednesday Gunnison 1 session (1-4)
11/17 - Thursday Pueblo (at HQ) 3 sessions (10-1; 2-5; 6-9)
11/18 - Friday Pueblo (at HQ) 3 sessions (10-1; 2-5; 6-9)
11/19 - Saturday Colorado Springs Fundraiser (5:30-8:30)

Let me know if you are planning to attend one or more of these events. Thanks.

http://www.constitutionpreservation.org/articles/october-7-2011/colorado-tisha-casida