PDA

View Full Version : Why Liberals can even support Ron Paul...

Pat Buchanan Conservative
11-01-2011, 09:39 AM
1. Ron Paul does not want a war on Iran and wants to withdraw our troops overseas and stop the meddling in other nations' affairs.

2. Ron Paul opposed the bailouts of big corporations and big banks.

3. Ron Paul wants to audit the Federal Reserve. Even liberals must know the destructive consequences of this horrid institution.

4. No matter if you agree with him or not Ron Paul has always been consistent about his views unlike Barack Obama or John McCain.

Anyone want to keep adding to this list about why Ron Paul would be better than Obama for liberals?

11-01-2011, 02:10 PM
No one?

mczerone
11-01-2011, 02:25 PM
We're trying to win the Republican primary. We need lists of why RP is the best choice for "conservatives," not "liberals."

That being said, you left out the drug war. And Liberals HATE RP's pro-life stance, some enough to never consider voting for him.

NewRightLibertarian
11-01-2011, 02:26 PM
I think many liberals liked the bailouts and like the idea of a central bank. But obviously, they should support Ron Paul over Obama.

InTradePro
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
No one?

It's a nice list but Dr Paul wants to be elected among the GOP.

11-01-2011, 02:29 PM
It's a nice list but Dr Paul wants to be elected among the GOP.I understand that and I am not a liberal (trust me).

Sola_Fide
11-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Liberals think the bailouts were not big enough. Sound money is a major hurdle for liberals because they know that without a fiat currency, government would have an instant restraint placed upon it. Even the "principled liberals" like Kucinich offer alternatives to the FED that are not satisfactory in the slightest.

Also, the principle of property is lost on liberals. It's a concept that is foreign to them (and they know it is dangerously destructive to their power structure). But hey, most conservatives have modern liberal mindsets anyway, so we go back to square one it seems...

11-01-2011, 02:35 PM
Also, the principle of property is lost on liberals. It's a concept that is foreign to them (and they know it is dangerously destructive to their power structure). But hey, most conservatives have modern liberal mindsets anyway, so we go back to square one it seems...That is because most 'conservatives' have migrated from the Left to the Right and have brought some liberal and Trotskyite ideas over to the Old Right.

Sola_Fide
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
That is because most 'conservatives' have migrated from the Left to the Right and have brought some liberal and Trotskyite ideas over to the Old Right.

Definitely. By the way, I like Pat a lot. I used to read his columns all the time.

The Magic Hoof
11-01-2011, 03:19 PM
Historically, does, or has the GOP ever taken into consideration who the person is that can win over their conservative audience, but the liberals too? I mean, hypothetically there may be a GOP candidate whom conservatives like more than any other, but at the same time there's another GOP candidate that does only fairly with conservatives, but does really well with liberals too. In that case, the GOP could prop up not the favorite candidate amongst conservatives, but the one who can get the most votes from both sides, beating out the democrat running for a guaranteed win.

Is the GOP too dumb to realize Paul is the candidate that can pull more liberals than anyone, or will they voluntarily sabotage the republicans winning the next election because Paul is too much of a threat to private interests? It's like the neocons who have ties with TPTB for lack of a better way to put it would rather the democrats win the next election than have their illegal checks stopped and their dirty work unfinished.

11-01-2011, 04:16 PM
Definitely. By the way, I like Pat a lot. I used to read his columns all the time. :)

jeremiah89
11-01-2011, 04:21 PM
We're trying to win the Republican primary. We need lists of why RP is the best choice for "conservatives," not "liberals."

You're right that we need to focus on "conservatives" for the primary, but there's also the Blue Republican movement. There's also a better chance if we can get more of them to vote for Paul in the primary.

Bosco Warden
11-01-2011, 04:38 PM
I spend alot of time pointing out to the GOP that they are following the Trotsky Ideology of permanent revolution, and its right there in Kristols Bio, the guy who coined the phrase neo conservative, and they dont seem to care.

the GOP party is a bunch of friggin idiots, I would rather focus on the liberals, fuck the GOP religious fruitloops. I think they should all move over to Israel and support them over there, if their so serious about it. No skin in the game, war mongering morons.

Glen Beck can go to hell too. As I am sure he will.

seyferjm
11-01-2011, 05:04 PM
A almost agree on the GOP people. I am a Christian myself but my gosh some of Israel obsessed types are impossible to get through to. They seem to think the second we leave the Middle Eats that Iran will nuke Israel a second Holocaust will happen, and Ron Paul will laugh about it.

11-01-2011, 05:13 PM
A almost agree on the GOP people. I am a Christian myself but my gosh some of Israel obsessed types are impossible to get through to. They seem to think the second we leave the Middle Eats that Iran will nuke Israel a second Holocaust will happen, and Ron Paul will laugh about it.That is the mindset of those Christian Zionist fruitloops.

Community Disorganizer
11-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Even though liberals can find common ground with Dr. Paul on a few issues, does not mean they would choose him over their leftist messiah. The fact that he is for significantly less government, vehemently pro-life, and of course, wants to abolish the welfare/entitlement state, will not earn him any points with leftie. His stances on less government far outweigh the few issues they can agree with him on.

Democrats are the party of big government, and Republicans are the party of continuing big government. George W Bush presided over the biggest increase of the size and scope of the federal government not seen since FDR. Presidents come and go, but the war party always stays in power.

http://ppjg.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/deesvote1.jpg

seyferjm
11-01-2011, 06:06 PM
That is the mindset of those Christian Zionist fruitloops.

Read comments on sites like The Blaze, your head will hurt from the ignorance. It's not easy to reach out to these types.