PDA

View Full Version : Jesse jackson Jr. says that Obama should take executive action to get states to support...

Pat Buchanan Conservative
11-01-2011, 08:48 AM
his job bill!

Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. told The Daily Caller on Wednesday that congressional opposition to the American Jobs Act is akin to the Confederate “states in rebellion.”

Jackson called for full government employment of the 15 million unemployed and said that Obama should “declare a national emergency” and take “extra-constitutional” action “administratively”—without the approval of Congress—to tackle unemployment.

{snip}

“President Obama tends to idealize—and rightfully so—Abraham Lincoln, who looked at states in rebellion and he made a judgment that the government of the United States, while the states are in rebellion, still had an obligation to function,” Jackson told TheDC at his Capitol Hill office on Wednesday.

“On several occasions now, we’ve seen … the Congress is in rebellion, determined, as Abraham Lincoln said, to wreck or ruin at all costs. I believe … in the direct hiring of 15 million unemployed Americans at $40,000 a head, some more than $40,000, some less than $40,000—that’s a $600 billion stimulus. It could be a five-year program. For another $104 billion, we bailout all of the states … for another $100 billion, we bailout all of the cities,” he said.

Jackson added that his $804 billion stimulus plan is the only way to solve the unemployment crisis. {snip}

“We’ve got to go further. I support what [Obama] does. Clearly, Republicans are not going to be for it but if the administration can handle administratively what can be done, we should pursue it. And if there are extra-constitutional opportunities that allow the president administratively to put the people to work, he should pursue every single one of them,” Jackson suggested.
{snip}

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/12/jackson-obama-should-declare-a-national-emergency-add-jobs-with-extra-constitutional-action/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LEwP0UeMpo&feature=player_embedded

NewRightLibertarian
11-01-2011, 08:53 AM
They are tyrants, they need to be locked up or worse.

CaptUSA
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Jackson called for full government employment of the 15 million unemployed and said that Obama should “declare a national emergency” and take “extra-constitutional” action “administratively”—without the approval of Congress—to tackle unemployment.

“On several occasions now, we’ve seen … the Congress is in rebellion, determined, as Abraham Lincoln said, to wreck or ruin at all costs. I believe … in the direct hiring of 15 million unemployed Americans at $40,000 a head, some more than $40,000, some less than $40,000—that’s a $600 billion stimulus. It could be a five-year program. For another $104 billion, we bailout all of the states … for another $100 billion, we bailout all of the cities,” he said.

$600 billion a year for five years?! Imagine the chaos that happens in year 6!

This is the type of thing that happens when any semblance of fidelity to a Constitution has vanished. Different fools will come up with all sorts of ideas that will never work, but eventually one of these fools will be slick enough to to garner support for their idea. Upon it's assured failure, they always say it didn't work because it wasn't enough. After all, the idea couldn't have been bad.

Read the Bastiat quote in my signature.

11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
They are tyrants, they need to be locked up or worse.Of course they also had to do a good old Confederate bashing as well. Do these people even know that Lincoln supported the repatriation of Africans in this country back to Liberia?

Travlyr
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM
his job bill!

Illinois Democratic Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. told The Daily Caller on Wednesday that congressional opposition to the American Jobs Act is akin to the Confederate “states in rebellion.”

{snip}

“President Obama tends to idealize—and rightfully so—Abraham Lincoln, who looked at states in rebellion and he made a judgment that the government of the United States, while the states are in rebellion, still had an obligation to function,” Jackson told TheDC at his Capitol Hill office on Wednesday.

Jackson added that his $804 billion stimulus plan is the only way to solve the unemployment crisis. {snip}

“We’ve got to go further. I support what [Obama] does. Clearly, Republicans are not going to be for it but if the administration can handle administratively what can be done, we should pursue it. And if there are extra-constitutional opportunities that allow the president administratively to put the people to work, he should pursue every single one of them,” Jackson suggested.
{snip}

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/12/jackson-obama-should-declare-a-national-emergency-add-jobs-with-extra-constitutional-action/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LEwP0UeMpo&feature=player_embedded

Raining money is a good idea. Except I wonder why he thinks he is worth $200k per year while the mundanes are only worth ~$40k. His proposal would quickly expose the shenanigans of the Counterfeiting Cabal of Oligarchs, so they won't be doing it. However, if they do, I want a stay-at-home job researching on the Internet.

flightlesskiwi
11-01-2011, 09:14 AM
oh. my. gravy.

CaptUSA
11-01-2011, 09:16 AM
And if there are extra-constitutional opportunities that allow the president administratively to put the people to work, he should pursue every single one of them,” Jackson suggested.

This statement should be an impeachable offense. At the very least, he should be recalled. He took an oath to uphold the constitution, he shouldn't be encouraging anyone to find "extra-constitutional" measures. That statement is despicable.

Travlyr
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
This statement should be an impeachable offense. At the very least, he should be recalled. He took an oath to uphold the constitution, he shouldn't be encouraging anyone to find "extra-constitutional" measures. That statement is despicable.
In his defense, he probably hasn't read it.

flightlesskiwi
11-01-2011, 09:21 AM

the unfortunate thing: his constituents (more than likely) completely agree with everything he espoused in that video.

11-01-2011, 09:22 AM
the unfortunate thing: his constituents (more than likely) completely agree with everything he espoused in that video.Obviously or he wouldn't have been elected. The problem is that no one cares about following the Constitution anymore except a small number of people.

jmdrake
11-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Whenever Jesse Jackson Jr. praises Obama I think about what his old man had to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHflFFKoaNM

aGameOfThrones
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
"I took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of These United States of America...except When I'm not, which is always." Jesse Jackson jr.

jmdrake
11-01-2011, 09:28 AM
Of course they also had to do a good old Confederate bashing as well. Do these people even know that Lincoln supported the repatriation of Africans in this country back to Liberia?

The voluntary repatriation of Africans who wanted to go back? Yes I'm aware of that. That was one of Lincoln's better moves. When he followed through on the compensated emancipation of slaves in Washington D.C., something that Ron Paul suggested should have been done for the entire country, Lincoln gave the ex-slaves a choice of settling in D.C. or going to Africa. Some chose to go to Africa. I'm not sure why you want to cast that as a negative.

jmdrake
11-01-2011, 09:30 AM

Here's the irony. Lincoln's successor Andrew Johnson was impeached for doing precisely what Jesse Jackson Jr. is encouraging Obama to do which is to try to circumvent the will of congress. The double irony is that we're in this mess in part because congress went along with what Obama wanted for the first 2 years of his term. They also did what he wanted them to do as "candidate" Obama in supporting the bailout.

11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
The voluntary repatriation of Africans who wanted to go back? Yes I'm aware of that. That was one of Lincoln's better moves. When he followed through on the compensated emancipation of slaves in Washington D.C., something that Ron Paul suggested should have been done for the entire country, Lincoln gave the ex-slaves a choice of settling in D.C. or going to Africa. Some chose to go to Africa. I'm not sure why you want to cast that as a negative.Actually I wasn't casting it as negative. It was positive. I was just saying that I bet Jesse Jackson, Jr. or his constituents wouldn't know that about Lincoln.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
11-01-2011, 09:31 AM
JJ Jr. is a huge statists. Disgusting.

jmdrake
11-01-2011, 09:32 AM
Actually I wasn't casting it as negative. It was positive. I was just saying that I bet Jesse Jackson, Jr. or his constituents wouldn't know that about Lincoln.

Well I'd take you up on that bet. When I supported Jesse Jackson Sr. I knew about Lincoln and Liberia.

Occam's Banana
11-01-2011, 10:15 AM
I believe … in the direct hiring of 15 million unemployed Americans at $40,000 a head, [...] It could be a five-year program.
A "head" ??? So that's it, then ... to the likes of JJJ, 15 million human beings are the rhetorical equivalent of cattle.

As for five-year plans, the historically informed may insert the verbal facepalm-equivalent of their choice.

oyarde
11-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Jr is an Illinois commie , Oh wait , there is one that made it out of Illinois as well ...

oyarde
11-01-2011, 10:20 AM
I have never been to Liberia , I would like a tour ... what is the price of a beer there ?

Travlyr
11-01-2011, 10:03 PM
his job bill!

{snip}

{snip}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LEwP0UeMpo&feature=player_embeddedJesse, if you can get this done this year, I'll donate $10k of it to RevPac. Go, Jesse, Go.

youngbuck
11-01-2011, 10:20 PM
I have never been to Liberia , I would like a tour ... what is the price of a beer there ?

Lol, you of course ask that rhetorically...